Keeping it 'real'?

ThirdOption

Good musicians take you somewhere, like I said they make you believe.

Rick Ross is so believable because his music sounds like the soundtrack of what we THINK Miami life is, he didnt even have to sell it to us as we all seen Miami Vice, Cocaine Cowboys, Scarface, Bad Boys, etc... Its imprinted in our minds, we would all say we know there is guys living like that out there and most of us haven't ever been there to see it for ourselves.

He then called himself Rick Ross, we know of Freeway Ricky Ross, the drug trafficker.

So he took a character, where he lives, then used his ear and talent to make ill music, which despite knowing he clearly isn't that guy now if at ever, we still all flock in droves to listen to it.

Yet if Rick Ross got caught trying to bring in 500 kilos of cocaine from Panama, we would all say this guy lost his f*ck*ng damn mind.

I dont think it matters... some need there music to be 100 percent authentic to enjoy it... if its entertaining or has bin made by someone i feel is talented then more time i enjoy it... most of eminem's best songs are of him just being expressive more than real and alot of the times he exaggerates the subject matter when its something personal...

i think if you can relate to a song or are entertained by it... it doesn't matter weather its real or not.

Most rap is street reporting anyway. Just a bunch of ppl living vicariously.

It's music ffs, though I don't doubt many have walked with the ting, buss the ting, and sold drugs. It's what a lot of young black men do at some point, particularly in America.

Incidentally, I don't ever recall those who I consider the best rappers of our generation talking often about being gangstas. (Eminem and Wu-Tang are good examples). For them it was mostly about the technical quality of their raps.

Talent and realness goes hand-in-hand, but Im more likely to listen to a good artist speaking of experiences of others than a murderer chatting realness with sh*t bars and delivery. It doesnt have to be personal experiences for me, it can be a reflection of their environment.

Whether you've actually buss the ting that you talk about is partially irrelevant. If I believe the rapper is capable of doing it, has considered it, or even if it's something I believe people around him do but he hasnt, as long as there is an element of authenticity there I'm good.

It's similar to r&B singers that dont write their own songs. If I believe theyve experienced it Im good. Obviously it helps

It's music ffs, though I don't doubt many have walked with the ting, buss the ting, and sold drugs. It's what a lot of young black men do at some point, particularly in America.

Incidentally, I don't ever recall those who I consider the best rappers of our generation talking often about being gangstas. (Eminem and Wu-Tang are good examples). For them it was mostly about the technical quality of their raps.

WTF?

1zyd6s0.jpg

• Upvote 1

i can not listen to game no more, ever since he got exposed by 50. tried to listen to him but just turn off/over his music where i cant believe none of it.

Hell rell cant listen to most his music aswel when his talking overly hard, dont believe none of it, its only a few tracks of his i will listen to.

Styles p can listen to 24/7 keeps it real and he aint trying to act hard, same with dmx, even tho his fell off hard during his time he was the sh*t!

Personally i cant stand a rapper chattin sh*t all the time when there not living it, if there talking it from a 2nd/3rd person point of view then i dont mind aslong as the story telling is good.

WTF?

1zyd6s0.jpg

Go listen to the Wu-Tang as a collective brah. Yes they might indulge in the odd bit here and there, but listen to Wu-Tang forever.