Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Woodpecker

Uni pour moi? Mature student help?

24 posts in this topic

Ok basically I got;

- GCSE's (like 4)

- Work at management level for a pretty good company, and in the sector I would want to study

Can I apply for a uni course? How do I go about it? Otherwise how do I blag?

think I will need to have a piece of paper with a degree on to progress in my career but I cant be doing A levels or Access courses thats gonna make my degree take like 6 years

like optimus prime said

no sacrifice

no victory

London met, south bank, TVU, uni east london, all dem ones that just get bums on seats is you. your work experience should be enough.

with your work experience you likely to be accepted on a diploma or foundation studies. 1 year of that you can move on to a full degree course on part time which should take anywhere between 2-4yrs depending on the uni and course.

not trynna shit on your parade, but more than likely you'll only get into swag unis, and the fees are now 9k a year, so think this through

i agree

you missed the boat

be a man of the real world... edumakation isnt shit if you dnt ave real world savvy

consider working in the middle east or china

you will get a full degree not a foundation course. but with the london unis, and yes consider what you're getting the degree for? cos it certainly shouldnt be just for a job...........

with your work experience you likely to be accepted on a diploma or foundation studies. 1 year of that you can move on to a full degree course on part time which should take anywhere between 2-4yrs depending on the uni and course.

Cool so I cant just jump straight onto a course I have to do a foundation? You guys got any links to info, been trying to navigate UCAS etc and its hell.

not trynna shit on your parade, but more than likely you'll only get into swag unis, and the fees are now 9k a year, so think this through

I hear you but surely thats just something I owe the UK government? Once I have a degree I can fuck off the country and they will cross me off their list after a while no?

i agree

you missed the boat

be a man of the real world... edumakation isnt shit if you dnt ave real world savvy

consider working in the middle east or china

I had opportunities lined up in dubai if I had a degree, I dont speak Chinese or much Arabic but what made you say this?

Thanks for all the help, keep it coming its much appreciated I been stalling on this decision for some time now.

this

its all long now

To be straight if youre at management level already why do you need a degree? A degree will get you to entry/trainee level. If your company thought a degree was a requirement to progress and believed in you. They would pay for you to do one.

And sadly these days. A degree ain't enough. They use a levels and gcses to distinguish.

You'd be better off networking yourself into the role you want. Or just starting at the bottom of a company and proving your worth.

what gwarn woods?

better off doing whatever relevant professional qualification there is, as its quicker and more relevant.

if you are already at management level you need to be getting yourself on training courses your firm/organisation provide.

If your company thought a degree was a requirement to progress and believed in you. They would pay for you to do one.

Many thanks for the informations, will be looking for work based qualifications that I can get the fandz paid for anyone have any experience in this in the marketing field?

Just been checking out the CFA and CIMA and you have to have a bachelors degree anyway as entry requirement :?

what industry / sector do you work it

and whats your current job role i.e accounting, marketing, sales, human resource

hes an investment banker still

they still selling degrees these days or has that avenue been closed?

Would be on for buying the degree tbh....

I am in sales/marketing

i havnt even graduated yet... and within the last year, i have had 2/3 companies call me within the stockbroking industry saying once i do they will have a place for me...

decisions decisions

i havnt even graduated yet... and within the last year, i have had 2/3 companies call me within the stockbroking industry saying once i do they will have a place for me...

decisions decisions

gtfo my thread

go to them colleges that offer hnd and 3rd yr degree top up

decisions decisions

gtfo my thread

sorry