FreeMason

Simple way to get an Open NAT type?

16 posts in this topic

You could just reserve the IP address of your PS3 connection on the router so that it always gets assigned the same IP address from its DHCP lease.

Then set a DMZ to that IP address would be the quickest way to achieve what you want to your PS3.

What router do you have?

Yoooo slow down.....

so how do i rerserve my IP adress etc? Im lost with all this so bare with me....

I have a o2 Wirelress box II Thomson.... Product Name:TG585 v7

Yoooo slow down.....

so how do i rerserve my IP adress etc? Im lost with all this so bare with me....

I have a o2 Wirelress box II Thomson.... Product Name:TG585 v7

Ok you're going to need to login into the routers web interface which I presume is still 192.168.1.254. So open up an Internet browser and browse to that IP address. You will need to know what the username and password for this are.

Normally for that router it's admin for the username with the password being the serial number of your router or something else if you have changed it. Get to the web interface 1st then come back for more.

What are the benefits of an open nat type?

yeah ive got onto the IP addresses webpage

i think having an open nat youre able to join games on ps3 with no problem and people can join you, also the connection runs smoother i think

Can you see your PS3 in connected devices? Is it connected wirelessly or wired? Normally if you click on the device it will open its properties and there should be an option to reserve the address or change address type to static on the router's web interface.

Once the device (PS3) has been reserved then there is A DMZ portion on your router that you assign the PS3 to. That means all ports will be open but only to the PS3 once in DMZ

If this is getting over your head then setup a teamviewer.com session and PM me details. Can sort it in 2mins.

I can see the connected devices, theres a few, how can I tell which is my ps3?

skz-a950ba67283

or

Unknown-00-1d-0d-14-fa-b8

the SKZ has an IP address next to it the unkown is just 0.0.0.0

bloody hell

coming into this thread brings back memoriesof when i used to boss the programming airways back in mid 2000's

If you go into internet connection settings on the ps3 u can see which IP it has been assigned

Can you see your PS3 in connected devices? Is it connected wirelessly or wired? Normally if you click on the device it will open its properties and there should be an option to reserve the address or change address type to static on the router's web interface.

Once the device (PS3) has been reserved then there is A DMZ portion on your router that you assign the PS3 to. That means all ports will be open but only to the PS3 once in DMZ

If this is getting over your head then setup a teamviewer.com session and PM me details. Can sort it in 2mins.

im still having problems with this

Wirelessly connected via netgear router on sky

Added the IP of the ps3 as default DMZ server and reserved the IP of the ps3 in the LAN IP setup

I still don't have an open nay type

Anyone got the answer?

im still having problems with this

What problems you having? I offered to sort it out for you on a day and time I can be online the same time as you.

Wirelessly connected via netgear router on sky

Added the IP of the ps3 as default DMZ server and reserved the IP of the ps3 in the LAN IP setup

I still don't have an open nay type

Anyone got the answer?

Then something with your DMZ aint right. The IP address of your PS3 is matching to the same IP address of your DMZ settings and reservation?

Will shout u when I'm gonna be at that address for a while as far as I can remember I followed the instructions to the letter so not sure what could be wrong with my DMZ settings

All you have to do is reset your router manually.

Try it.

pos for teamviewer

didn't know bout that stil