Black TV network to expand to UK

Guest Durrty Boi

y is there such a lack of ethnic entertainment on channels 1-5
Because there is a lack of 'ethnic' people in Britain.Non-whites dont even make up 10% of the population, its not in the TV Channels interests to dedicate large amounts of time to specific communities.Living in London distorts your view of this country completely.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there is a lack of 'ethnic' people in Britain.Non-whites dont even make up 10% of the population, its not in the TV Channels interests to dedicate large amounts of time to specific communities.Living in London distorts your view of this country completely.
thats part true, part crap. cos the tv programming doesnt reflect the ethnic make up either.

thats part true, part crap. cos the tv programming doesnt reflect the ethnic make up either.
The vast majority of people in this country are white British, so are the vast majority of people on TV. Would you disagree with that?

lets not even get into disproportional representation in this country living in london hasnt distorted my view at, im aware of the situation iv stayed in swindon for a number of yearsbut i just see it funny why decent black programmes are so shortlived on national channels, and how (black) ppl are so easily pacified with sum 2nd hand american reject channel which has little or nothing 2 do with black british peoplebut ohwell thats just my opinion, not getting 2 a big argument cuz u lot r relentless

basically the less black people. they get small ratings no matter how good the show is. ratings = tv company money so the shows get booted after a few series, then they can say they did try. but shows with the 'white peoples black comedian' (lenny henry) will last cos he can cross over and get higher views.kinda

What a hate now is that EVERY advert has at least one token black or asian or anyone they feel would represent non-whites. I don't mean black people can't be in adverts but allow just putting someone in an advert because they're black, which is what they are doing.If the likes of EastEnders was to be realistic, there'd be about 2 white people in the whole show.I know Dadinho was missing me biggrin.gif

What a hate now is that EVERY advert has at least one token black or asian or anyone they feel would represent non-whites. I don't mean black people can't be in adverts but allow just putting someone in an advert because they're black, which is what they are doing.If the likes of EastEnders was to be realistic, there'd be about 2 white people in the whole show.I know Dadinho was missing me biggrin.gif
It's not realistic. It represents a fictional region in East London. Thus, they can put whatever race they want as the majority.

The vast majority of people in this country are white British, so are the vast majority of people on TV. Would you disagree with that?
no. i said the TV does not properly reflect the ethnic make up. not just the ethnic make up, but also relies on stereotypes when it does reflect the ethnic make up most times...not always based on talent. afterall, it was only a last minute intervention by head of BBC progamming that allowed that black breh to feature on spooks in a leading role. it was seen as too risque. in 2005/6.. seen

Yeah but the fictional region is called Walford, the name comes from two real places, Walthamstow and Woodford. It's meant to be near/in between both places.I want some realism damn it.

Yeah but the fictional region is called Walford, the name comes from two real places, Walthamstow and Woodford. It's meant to be near/in between both places.
and i also think the adverts u complain are crap anyway. i think the only 'normal' black families..or even asian ones ive seen in about 5 yrs is the BT wedding one, the clover advert, and the pizza hut one. cant even remember any asian ones. anyways its stuff like this that exposes so called multiculturalism as a myth

Yeah but the fictional region is called Walford, the name comes from two real places, Walthamstow and Woodford. It's meant to be near/in between both places.I want some realism damn it.
I'd never thought about them two places before.I know Albert square is set on fascett square in hackney e8. not reppin'