Black TV network to expand to UK

Guest Durrty Boi

Wud u lot really get happy if it was another music channel....it wud be destined to be shite anyway....What is needed is a black channel that shows 24/7 black programming including Docs, Music, World News, Sitcom etc..Is that what this channel will provide?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BET#Programming
Pissed its basically a slightly blacker version of Trouble.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah this has been in the works for bout 2 years, still BET now is sh*t.. they have and are still wasting a brilliant opportunity. They couldve been a little Like HBO, history channel, MTV, and regular TV all in one.. but they chose the Music ONLY route.. they're just another MTV base. that show a few other shows, and the old classic comedies. they are still tops for stand up comedy though.

No, Black Entertainment TV. And there's no problem with it, except that it will spawn a new generation of wiggerism.I, for one, will not be watching this crap. (And the programming actually is crap)
Nah man, on the American on Sundays they have Gospel stuff in th morning which is shower, American Gangsters was sick, they show The Wire, Black movies (when I saw it they had Baby Boy on), Rap City freestyles are must-see and 106 & Park has good artists on thereOnly bad thing is people gonna think theyre on my level with music knowledge and gonna see the freestyles and hear about artists they wouldnt usually know
Gospel = Only good if you care about religion or that type of music. Most youth don't, apart from the ones who beg it. biggrin.gif American gangsters = Don't know what that is.The Wire = Don't watchBlack movies = 1990s ting. I ain't seen a REALLY good one made in the 2000s.Rap City Freestyles = SICK, but same ting what you said.
I wasnt interested in Gospel until I saw that but obviously most are "too cool" to listen to that.American Gangsters is a series of documentaries based on the Black Gangsters that were heavy in the game, mainly in NY, and we hear about in Rap songs like Pappy Mason, Supreme and them guys there.

American Gangsters is a series of documentaries based on the Black Gangsters that were heavy in the game, mainly in NY, and we hear about in Rap songs like Pappy Mason, Supreme and them guys there.
Sounds interesting. Black gangsters (I mean real gangsters/druglords) are annoying, though.Gimme La Cosa Nostra anyday.

If it constantly has fresh material it will be good otherwise it will be sh*t....pure repeats...I reckon it will be swagalicious....I shall hold out tho untill it comes out...
The other time was without Viacom. They have proper funding now.Like Carpe said BET should be more all-round. I wouldnt say the American one is like Base. They produce shows and not just the cheap "Takes Two" and them cheap chart things that they live off.

BEN and OBE are extremely budgettheir on screen graphics are made with powerpointi shud look to get a job ob there n revamp sh*t still
it costs about #2.5m to put down a true station..and this doesnt cover licensing for the programs bought. this is why i laughed when nemesis was fraffing about just fabulous.

y 1 channel specifically 4 blacks y not incorporate more ethnic based programmes into pre existing channels
ppl always ask things like why is there black tv..and its kinda lame. theirs fashion tv, God tv, Muslim Tv, bangla tv, baby tv, loads of Indian tv stations. allow it

there is BEN and there is OBE shoddy quality channels that only ur mum watches on sunday twas a fine question 2 askits like ppl will get this channel and 4 them it will suffice when the bigger question is still left unanswered y is there such a lack of ethnic entertainment on channels 1-5