Black TV network to expand to UK

Guest Durrty Boi

Guest Durrty Boi
Black TV network to expand to UKWednesday, June 20 2007, 10:58 BSTThe US network Black Entertainment Television is launch in the UK.The network is to introduce a UK 24-hour general entertainment service by the end of the year, according to The Guardian.Ofcom granted a licence to BET last week. The Viacom-owned network has been running in the US for 27 years.Lil' Kim - Countdown to Lockdown, reality series College Hill are among the shows reportedly being lined up for the channel, which will broadcast across multiple platforms. BET have indicated it will also look to broadcast locally produced content on the UK channel.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Durrty Boi

its owned by Viacomthey forced youtube to close my account coz i had that one clip of Mims performing the this is why im hot remix at some eventand their suing Youtube coz ppl post their videos on therei doubt it

If they have any sense they will make it free....It's common knowledge that the content would have to be of amazing quality to make the majority of black people pay for it....I remember BET when it used to be on telewest, and IDentity before that.....it was good but pure repeats and low quality - wasn't worth payin for...apart from to watch lime tree lane and a few other things...We don't even vote for the black people on TV shows which is why we generally get voted off things 1st...If they make it a paid channel it will die very quickly...

Guest Durrty Boi

itll obv be ina music package or sutinlike how u get MTV Kiss n thatitll be linked with the MTV channelsso if u can get them ull prob be able to get this

So what happens to Base then? No pojnt in Viacom having two channels dedicated to Urb*n music. And likehow Base showed the BET Awards I can see that was their set-up for BET to come.Also, Urb*n fans are the worst consumers 'cause they dont buy, so it will be a normal channel

No, Black Entertainment TV. And there's no problem with it, except that it will spawn a new generation of wiggerism.I, for one, will not be watching this crap. (And the programming actually is crap)
Nah man, on the American on Sundays they have Gospel stuff in th morning which is shower, American Gangsters was sick, they show The Wire, Black movies (when I saw it they had Baby Boy on), Rap City freestyles are must-see and 106 & Park has good artists on thereOnly bad thing is people gonna think theyre on my level with music knowledge and gonna see the freestyles and hear about artists they wouldnt usually know

Guest Durrty Boi
So what happens to Base then? No pojnt in Viacom having two channels dedicated to Urb*n music. And likehow Base showed the BET Awards I can see that was their set-up for BET to come.Also, Urb*n fans are the worst consumers 'cause they dont buy, so it will be a normal channel
lmaoits a pretty dumb moveBUTi jus realised BET aint a music channelit just shows music at certain timesso i think Base is safe

No, Black Entertainment TV. And there's no problem with it, except that it will spawn a new generation of wiggerism.I, for one, will not be watching this crap. (And the programming actually is crap)
Nah man, on the American on Sundays they have Gospel stuff in th morning which is shower, American Gangsters was sick, they show The Wire, Black movies (when I saw it they had Baby Boy on), Rap City freestyles are must-see and 106 & Park has good artists on thereOnly bad thing is people gonna think theyre on my level with music knowledge and gonna see the freestyles and hear about artists they wouldnt usually know
Gospel = Only good if you care about religion or that type of music. Most youth don't, apart from the ones who beg it. biggrin.gif American gangsters = Don't know what that is.The Wire = Don't watchBlack movies = 1990s ting. I ain't seen a REALLY good one made in the 2000s.Rap City Freestyles = SICK, but same ting what you said.

lmaoits a pretty dumb moveBUTi jus realised BET aint a music channelit just shows music at certain timesso i think Base is safe
Exactly. Base = Can now devote more to grime/UK music.

great