Bergkamp Enters Hall of Fame

Buc Nasty

Dennis Bergkamp voted into Hall of FameFormer Arsenal star Dennis Bergkamp has been voted into the National Football Museum Hall of Fame 2007 by viewers of BBC Football Focus.For the first time, supporters were given the chance to select one player to receive this prestigious honour from a shortlist of six. Bergkamp was chosen ahead of Sir Trevor Brooking, Ray Clemence, Paul Scholes, Len Shackleton and Ray Wilson, becoming the first Dutchman to be voted in.Bergkamp scored 120 goals in 423 games for Arsenal, helping the Club to seven major honours, including two Premier League and FA Cup doubles. He joins fellow Arsenal legends Alex James, Tony Adams, Liam Brady and Ian Wright in the Hall of Fame.Bergkamp's award is one of 10 to be presented at the Hall of Fame ceremony in Manchester on November 15.
5.jpg-------Legend

Definite legend and he deserves it.......but the competition (barring Scholes) was never gonna come close considering the day and age we r in. But props none the less for DB. Even though I'm a Spurs fan will forever remember two of the three goals vs Leicester, and the goal of WC '98 (f*ck Owen vs Arg). Dennis Bergkamp....footballing legend.

The man had exceptional vision, may not have been the quickest but he had a real footballing brain. He just knew where to put it for you.The goals he would score were breath taking, that one up at Roaker Park (Sunderland) with the roulette then bending far corner will remain one of my favourites, weather or not he went it against Newcastle I don't care it was a genius piece of thinking with a cool finish. Goal in front of the North Bank in the pouring rain was top draw, away at Leicester for the hat trick wow. There is many more classic Dennis goals but I'll let other people talk about them.Dennis was a master of he's craft. Not just an Arsenal legend but a legend of the game.

Personally I think Bergkamp should've achieved more than he didOnly got into double figures 4 times in 10 years in the league & I feel he should have been more instrumental in Europe.97/98 was his best season when he had to score goals as Wright was inj and Anelka & Wreh were both raw youngers. He was amazing that season...But yeah fantastic player, great technique, vision and formed formidable striking partnerships with Wright, Anelka & Henry, good to see him there.