FAO: Uni heads

Lieutenant

f*ck SLC taking the piss then. I just logged in showing 14th for me.Maybe they're doing it regionally? Or prioritising those living at halls ahead of those who aren't or it may just be when I damn well got my application in.Sorry Hermit, doesn't really answer your question, just some guess work really.ON A SIDE NOTE: anyone entitled to a bursary? I got mine paid just a couple hours ago, I'm well happs about that too.

Bahahaha you man are skint to f*ck. Can't budget for shiTTTT.I bought a car totalling £4000 and my accounts still in positive! All I have outstanding is my credit card and that is all.14th Jan is when my loan drops which means I'll be even more in the plus! On top of that I have about £1500 owed to me... OH and I don't shot (for those that are thinking) or smoke drugs... maybe that helps alongside getting a job, no?
How is outstanding on your credit card? And a credit card WILL bite you in the arse if you aren't clever with your money.Boy, all I can recommend to people is cancel your overdraft. Seriously. It will only f*ck you over.

Bahahaha you man are skint to f*ck. Can't budget for shiTTTT.I bought a car totalling £4000 and my accounts still in positive! All I have outstanding is my credit card and that is all.14th Jan is when my loan drops which means I'll be even more in the plus! On top of that I have about £1500 owed to me... OH and I don't shot (for those that are thinking) or smoke drugs... maybe that helps alongside getting a job, no?
How is outstanding on your credit card? And a credit card WILL bite you in the arse if you aren't clever with your money.Boy, all I can recommend to people is cancel your overdraft. Seriously. It will only f*ck you over.
LOL, hows that?Most people overdraft is about 1000-1500 and its with no interest. Im paying mine off with one months paycheque, simple init.

LOL, hows that?Most people overdraft is about 1000-1500 and its with no interest. Im paying mine off with one months paycheque, simple init.
Alot of 1st year students that continue tend to move out of halls and into houses, where most landlords are on this starting contract from July thing, meaning you are paying full rent over the course of summer. You have no loan, so unless your money has been saved and spent wisely, you will be paying rent using yor overdraft. Meaning when your loan drops, you will lose most of it to the overdraft, making your first uni term harder than need be. This is first hand experience. I was a grand deep in the overdraft before the loan dropped, and the bank sucked half of it. Then I had to pay 3 mnths rent, so I had a little over £400 to last up until my next loan payment in January. I'm glad I cancelled the overdraft, as now I will get the full amount come the 7th. I was also fuycked over summer, because aside from paying rent for my uni hosue, I was paying for driving lessons and the test itself.

Alot of 1st year students that continue tend to move out of halls and into houses, where most landlords are on this starting contract from July thing, meaning you are paying full rent over the course of summer. You have no loan, so unless your money has been saved and spent wisely, you will be paying rent using yor overdraft. Meaning when your loan drops, you will lose most of it to the overdraft, making your first uni term harder than need be. This is first hand experience. I was a grand deep in the overdraft before the loan dropped, and the bank sucked half of it. Then I had to pay 3 mnths rent, so I had a little over £400 to last up until my next loan payment in January. I'm glad I cancelled the overdraft, as now I will get the full amount come the 7th. I was also fuycked over summer, because aside from paying rent for my uni hosue, I was paying for driving lessons and the test itself.
The same thing happened to me bruv lol. Moved out in April and had to pay rent SOMEHOW. Only had enough to pay 2 months rent, had no job, overdraft was maxed. I got a call centre job, but only came in like 1 day a week, I STILL dont know how I was paying rent lol. You wont lose any of your next installment if you use your overdraft as youll be given the same overdraft again so you can just use it again init. But yea, I was in the SAME position as you, bvut I never cancelled my overdraft, so im ALWAYS 1250 down, but then I get my loan and it goes up to like 200 quid, then I spend the 200, and the 1250 overdraft lol.

What you mean 'How is outstanding on your credit card?'Credit Cards can be bad if you're poor with handling money but I'm just building up my credit rating. Actually come think about it now Credit Crunch can f*ck anyone up, but I think I'm on top of my finances.

What you mean 'How is outstanding on your credit card?'Credit Cards can be bad if you're poor with handling money but I'm just building up my credit rating. Actually come think about it now Credit Crunch can f*ck anyone up, but I think I'm on top of my finances.
I obviously meant how much is coutstanding on your credit card.If you can handle it, then good for you, but personally I think credit cards are long, as all you are doing is spending money that you will havew to pay the bank back, and then some.

The same thing happened to me bruv lol. Moved out in April and had to pay rent SOMEHOW. Only had enough to pay 2 months rent, had no job, overdraft was maxed. I got a call centre job, but only came in like 1 day a week, I STILL dont know how I was paying rent lol. You wont lose any of your next installment if you use your overdraft as youll be given the same overdraft again so you can just use it again init. But yea, I was in the SAME position as you, bvut I never cancelled my overdraft, so im ALWAYS 1250 down, but then I get my loan and it goes up to like 200 quid, then I spend the 200, and the 1250 overdraft lol.
Bruh, you get the full lona payment as listed in your payment schedule, but if yo are entitled to £2000, and your overdraft is £1000, obviously you are only going to see £1000 in your favour. Not a good look (no shanking).I would personally like to always see my money without the minus symbol in front of it. And I hate bveing in debt, or being obligated to something I don't want to be.

Aaah, only about £400. That's getting cleared next week and I'm freeeeeeee. I thought you meant how can you have an outstanding credit card, thought what I wrote didn't make sense.I like the way you put 'if you can handle it, then good for you' LOL, like saying 'bully for you', I'm not on a boasting thing. Just trying to make clear to people that budgeting helps.To be quite frank I'm poor at saving and budgeting as well.

Yea, youll only see 1000, but then youll still have a 1000 overdraft so you still got 2000 in total, no?Thats basically whats going on, and theres nothing wrong with it seen as it has no affect on your credit rating, you get no charges. The only differnece is, one you finish uni, you have 1000 to poay back, but like I said, thats minor, one months pay init.

Aaah, only about £400. That's getting cleared next week and I'm freeeeeeee. I thought you meant how can you have an outstanding credit card, thought what I wrote didn't make sense.I like the way you put 'if you can handle it, then good for you' LOL, like saying 'bully for you', I'm not on a boasting thing. Just trying to make clear to people that budgeting helps.To be quite frank I'm poor at saving and budgeting as well.
My bad, wasn't trying to come across like I was trying to look down on you, I was honestly commending your decision at taking out a credit card, and your abiltity to maintain it.

Yea, youll only see 1000, but then youll still have a 1000 overdraft so you still got 2000 in total, no?Thats basically whats going on, and theres nothing wrong with it seen as it has no affect on your credit rating, you get no charges. The only differnece is, one you finish uni, you have 1000 to poay back, but like I said, thats minor, one months pay init.
LOLThat's what I'm saying, you will have 2 debts to pay back. The bank and student loan company. I would rather only pay back student loan, as a £1000 can get rid of it quicker.

i hope mine drops on the 7th...the loans going on my rent but the grants + bursieries will sort me nice...gonna get a job aswell, need to stop going out b4 i turn in 2 an alcoholic.