Investing, Stocks and shares, etc.

Em Dott

How long u wanna invest forI work for Canada Life
Not too sure.Lets say something like 5 years. The company you work for is it an investment company?
Dont invest in property, the market is f*cked as you prob now
Disagree totally.Play your cards right now and you can come on top of some major profits.You dont make money buying when the market is strong.You're not gonna invest in property obviously so this doesnt apply to you Titan, but property is a very good investment, despite the recent dip.Titan if you want some catered advice, PM Goddaz or myself. If you tell me exactly what your situation is I can sort some something for you.Depending on what bank you're with, you may be able to do it through them. I know HSBC offer this, but be prepared for them to charge you for this.
I dont know any IFA who would put money into property now, as I say I work with investments on a daily basis and talk to IFA's everyday.
Fair enough, its not the most risk-free option.However, Ive done it myself in the past, and very recently, and continue to see a good return off it.For example, I recently bought a flat at auction, converted it into 2, renovated them, and am currently renting them both out - the rental price at the moment has been eager to rise, and looks set to rise due to the house price crash. Lenders are more stringent with their credit, buyers are put off/not able to gain credit for mortgages, and turn to rent. Landlords in turn know that the demand far outstrips the supply, so can afford to up the rent. The rental from both flats combined easily covers the mortgage and more, so its a very worthwhile investment.Property isnt the safest investment in the world, but it is by no means a bad one. If you know the market, like with anything you can make huge amounts.Safe though Bully I may PM you in the new year if thats cool, would be good to have a link up.
BADMANYou have inspired me fam. I did always want to at least have a fully owned house for myself, but if I can own a couple properties and make money off of it. Was contemplating buying property out in the midlands and renting to students. As long as your sh*t looks good and is maitained well, I reckon you have a greater chance of being more successful in the return you see.

Not too sure.Lets say something like 5 years. The company you work for is it an investment company?
Dont invest in property, the market is f*cked as you prob now
Disagree totally.Play your cards right now and you can come on top of some major profits.You dont make money buying when the market is strong.You're not gonna invest in property obviously so this doesnt apply to you Titan, but property is a very good investment, despite the recent dip.Titan if you want some catered advice, PM Goddaz or myself. If you tell me exactly what your situation is I can sort some something for you.Depending on what bank you're with, you may be able to do it through them. I know HSBC offer this, but be prepared for them to charge you for this.
I dont know any IFA who would put money into property now, as I say I work with investments on a daily basis and talk to IFA's everyday.
Fair enough, its not the most risk-free option.However, Ive done it myself in the past, and very recently, and continue to see a good return off it.For example, I recently bought a flat at auction, converted it into 2, renovated them, and am currently renting them both out - the rental price at the moment has been eager to rise, and looks set to rise due to the house price crash. Lenders are more stringent with their credit, buyers are put off/not able to gain credit for mortgages, and turn to rent. Landlords in turn know that the demand far outstrips the supply, so can afford to up the rent. The rental from both flats combined easily covers the mortgage and more, so its a very worthwhile investment.Property isnt the safest investment in the world, but it is by no means a bad one. If you know the market, like with anything you can make huge amounts.Safe though Bully I may PM you in the new year if thats cool, would be good to have a link up.
Thats true, it still is low risk compared to far east markets its just not as safe as it used to be. Its just been this american sh*t thats affected it.

Invest in foreign market shares like in AFrica for example. With a £1000 you won't make much of an impact in England but if you take that to africa you will get some serious returns. To make money in the share market here you need a lot of money to invest otherwise you will get some useless dividen payments. I f*cks with international property and international share markets . The share markets in places like Africa are still growing and you have a better chance of getting some serious returns.

was u listening to bash driver
Huh?!This is something I was thinking about form before. Talked to a friend, and then my mumsie about it. Definately something I would like to get into in the future.
i was just joking in one of bashys bars he said investing stocks and shares in that order nd it came to mind sorry for the confusion

Yes one of the biggest lolWe a short term investment plan, however most of our products are for long term. Maybe best for u 2 just buy some share directly with a company, go to a bank or speak to a IFA and they will advise you whats bestDont invest in property, the market is f*cked as you prob now
Common misconception stillInvest wisely in property and you'll reap the benefits even now
I work daily in investments, truss me its not a good move, the US mortgage ting f*cked things up, its not as safe as it used 2 b
would do you do in your job? Are you selling investment packages? I feel like a total change in career and this industry intrigues me.

ive got so much time on my hands i want to learn about investing in shares, buying property, buying and selling carsso what can i read to learn about these things, any websites , or monthly / weekly newspapers or magazines ?safe.
From my experience you never learn as much from anything unless you DIY. I've sold cars but I stopped, when I bought a house I had contact with a very safe mortgage advisor who schooled me on a few things. TBH I'm not on the shares things as much. I just have premium bonds but when it comes to investing I would rather do it in property. When the crunch really takes hold thats when I'm gonna take steps to turn my thousands into mills.

you can attend some free seminars, go to bookstores and look at some books on investment richest man in babylon, richdad's guide to investing, economics in one lesson, essays of warren buffet, are some good start off points.these books address how you need to develop your mindset when it comes to making money and investment, not telling you that you shoudl invest in coke or google, but how to invest. the property scaremongering is hype, market is just tightER not dead, with all investments theres gona be down times, #8-12,000 lost on a house sale is still better than not having one to sell. and no one's rent is getting cheaper eithereven in the US, its a very good time to buy property right now. titan, i dont get it.. your momsie made money and you're not asking HER? biggrin.gif

^^ Well if Bransons deal comes through, and he manages to turn it around, your bredrin won't be pissed, far from it.
this is what i thought but i reckon my mate may have cut his loses already. I asked him whether he bought them before the Branson rumours or after as i was surprised that he had lost that much already. I can't remember what he said though.

my mate told me that he bought shares in northern rock (when they were going cheap) and they dropped further. He said he lost a few hundred. lol, pissed.
I swear the shares near enough doubled in value over the next few weeks after the initial price drops..?
from what i remember, they dropped (the first time). Then they recovered very slightly, then they dropped again. Then they went up quite a bit (but no where near the original price) after Branson started to get involved in the picture. Dunno what happened after that. All i know is my mate lost money when i talked to him about it (Hatton fight) and he deffo wouldn't lie when it comes to money because he is like a jew in that aspect.

you can attend some free seminars, go to bookstores and look at some books on investment richest man in babylon, richdad's guide to investing, economics in one lesson, essays of warren buffet, are some good start off points.these books address how you need to develop your mindset when it comes to making money and investment, not telling you that you shoudl invest in coke or google, but how to invest. the property scaremongering is hype, market is just tightER not dead, with all investments theres gona be down times, #8-12,000 lost on a house sale is still better than not having one to sell. and no one's rent is getting cheaper eithereven in the US, its a very good time to buy property right now. titan, i dont get it.. your momsie made money and you're not asking HER? biggrin.gif
Because she is in Ghana. Not exactly the easiest conversation to have in depth. When I next go up, or she next comes down, then I will have a convo with her properly.
Titan wants to trade, not invest.
Hmmm. Is there a major difference? I mean I'm interested in the whole investing in a business and trying to see a return over a few years. You know, finding a business that has the potential to blow up in a few years, and investing early in it.Or are you talking about becuase I'm interested in getting property, doing it up, and then trying to make more off it because of it's improved status? I'm into both.

Yes there is, do you really care about owning a share in a company or do you want the money.Spread betting or options, is your best bet, coz you only got £1K, better make sure your strategy is tight. Like Carpe said books, Technical analysis, charting, free seminars etc...Look on You tube for boring charting/technical analysis videos...

Yes there is, do you really care about owning a share in a company or do you want the money.Spread betting or options, is your best bet, coz you only got £1K, better make sure your strategy is tight. Like Carpe said books, Technical analysis, charting, free seminars etc...Look on You tube for boring charting/technical analysis videos...
I'm interested in the money.Safe for the advice though.