FAO those with uni loans

Shin Gouki

What is the best way to go about one of these? I am going to uni this year and do not want to fall into the typical amounts of debt for when i come out of uni. Any point leaving it to gain interest or anything like that? Business-minded people feel free to respond, what is the best way to go about making more money off of temporary money. I heard from some people that they kept it in a bank and lived off the interest then paid the money back to who they loaned it off when they were finished. possible? Good?

Yea, i tried it.Didnt get ANY loans out in my first year and i regret it. Saved up around 5k in my first year so by the time i finish uni my debt will be about 8k. Which i know i can make back EASY
You saved up 5k or you saved 5k?
Nah i saved 5k from not taking any loans. If you're ina gap year and working full time, i doubt you would even need the loan for the first year. I'm sure you could afford 3k, unless you're living on your own atm and pay for bills etc and other costs.

1.3k can make u alot of profit if u pick up a big bit and have the salesif ur in halls u got an unlimited amount of customers on ur doorstep 247if u want to put in a little risk 2 make a large profit then i suggest looking into this avenue 2 supplement ur student lifestyleit ain't about livin like any tramp like certain uni ppl do. u'll see the levels when u get there

1.3k can make u alot of profit if u pick up a big bit and have the salesif ur in halls u got an unlimited amount of customers on ur doorstep 247if u want to put in a little risk 2 make a large profit then i suggest looking into this avenue 2 supplement ur student lifestyleit ain't about livin like any tramp like certain uni ppl do. u'll see the levels when u get there
You have actually got a point there. Bare customers are going to be there, especially as they wont know any contacts at the time. Sick idea.

Guest M12 Part 2

lol people really dont understand this student loans thing.the £3070 u pay in tuition fees isnt real debt. they will never bang on ur door and ask for the full amont back. You never see the money. it never touches your account and you wont see it after you graduate either. all that happens is they take a small percentage of your pay for like 20-25 years and it equates to something stupid like £10 a month for most people. which is nothing if ur in a full time job. their is no interest rate so you pay back EXACTLY what you borrowed it doesnt grow. (well its in line with inflation but i dont wana confuse anyone)the danger is overdrafts and credit card debt. they are the ones that will escalate and bailiffs will come to your gaff and take your hdtv and xbox 360. Even if u get the student loan and just sit on it until you graduate you're in a better position than if you never took it at all.

lol people really dont understand this student loans thing.the £3070 u pay in tuition fees isnt real debt. they will never bang on ur door and ask for the full amont back. You never see the money. it never touches your account and you wont see it after you graduate either. all that happens is they take a small percentage of your pay for like 20-25 years and it equates to something stupid like £10 a month for most people. which is nothing if ur in a full time job. their is no interest rate so you pay back EXACTLY what you borrowed it doesnt grow. (well its in line with inflation but i dont wana confuse anyone)the danger is overdrafts and credit card debt. they are the ones that will escalate and bailiffs will come to your gaff and take your hdtv and xbox 360. Even if u get the student loan and just sit on it until you graduate you're in a better position than if you never took it at all.
Student loan is for tuition fees then?

Student loan pays for your tuition fee's.You get maintenence loans thats the sh*t that everyones spending.

Student loan pays for your tuition fee's.You get maintenence loans thats the sh*t that everyones spending.
Ah right, and that one has a small amount of interest on it? Is there anything influencing how much money you can get in a loan? Do you get more if your parents earn a lot of money (guarentee of being able to pay it back).

Is there anything influencing how much money you can get in a loan? Do you get more if your parents earn a lot of money (guarentee of being able to pay it back).
lmfao @ that logic[sTUDENT LOANS COMPANY] IF YOUR PARENTS EARN THE MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE, ASK THEM FOR IT INNIT, LEAVE US ALONE [/sTUDENT LOANS COMAPANY]

Is there anything influencing how much money you can get in a loan? Do you get more if your parents earn a lot of money (guarentee of being able to pay it back).
lmfao @ that logic[sTUDENT LOANS COMPANY] IF YOUR PARENTS EARN THE MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE, ASK THEM FOR IT INNIT, LEAVE US ALONE [/sTUDENT LOANS COMAPANY]
So if your parents were on 120k a year how much money would you get?

So if your parents were on 120k a year how much money would you get?
Everyone gets the tuition fee loan, that money you don't even see goes straight to unimaintenance loans are different, couple factors come into play including where you're studying.

Thats what most people dnt understand about their student loan.u will never in yur life recieve such an affordable loan.the thing that usually pushs people into a dumb amount of debt as said above are credit card bills and overdrafts.In truth, if u are unable to pay off yur student loan in the future, then u goin uni was obviously a waste of time, money and effort.

If you reckon you can get by without getting a loan and you have good self discipline get a loan and put it in an ISA account over the 3 years. the interest at the end of each tax yeear will be a decent amount.I decided against getting a loan and I found it a lot easier to cope financially than I thought it would be.

This yr heads in hudds are hustling differently. People just applying for the "access to higher learning" grant every uni gets.If the uni doesn't give the money to students it goes to waste.. So if there's bare money leftover they just hook people up.People just getting 1k and having no proper reason. One brer put "unable to find a part-time job" and got a letter a couple days ago confirming 1.3k was gonna be put in his account. WTF3rd yr students do it aswell "Money to get me on my feet till I find a job"..I've got 2 accounts, one I don't really use-Imma join this hustle this term.

do u get a grant/bursery if your parents dont earn much?sum1 was tellin me sumthin about max. grant is 2500 and the bursery is 1000how true is this
grant in 08 going to be something like 2800 maximum (household income has to be 17,000 or less)1000 bursary depends if your uni does it, most do though