FAO: People of ethnic minority

Yung Fly + Flashy

I'm alright 'cos my surname is british (Morgan, can't remember it's welsh or whatever)My middle names kill it though, but I never put them on applications or anything so it's cool.When I have youts I'll give them yoruba middle name, because the meanings are sick. But the first names will be pretty normal

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm alright 'cos my surname is british (Morgan, can't remember it's welsh or whatever)My middle names kill it though, but I never put them on applications or anything so it's cool.When I have youts I'll give them yoruba middle name, because the meanings are sick. But the first names will be pretty normal
Ade...... Olu.........

probably does affect the employer, but shouldnt affect you. i remember them talking about this one time on bbc london and a man said he sent in 2 cv's one with english and another with african name the african CV having more of the essential experience than the english oneso he changed the address on one to his neighbour's address, the english name got called for an interview biggrin.gif
this just shows they SKIMMED thru the cv which also means its not a skilled job OR the person that looked at the cv probably wasnt as qualified as the applicant.call it a crisis or leadership-proposition joe.
Blud, your a joker. You really think that these things only exist in retail and jobs like that? You dont think they happen when skills come into play?
when did i say thisi said UNSKILLED or when the applicant is more qualified than the person lookin at the cvif it was just retail i was talking about would SKILL come into it?and if it happens when skill comes into it its an eediot boy company or job and the company isnt based on what i would regard a SOLID job roles.

probably does affect the employer, but shouldnt affect you. i remember them talking about this one time on bbc london and a man said he sent in 2 cv's one with english and another with african name the african CV having more of the essential experience than the english oneso he changed the address on one to his neighbour's address, the english name got called for an interview biggrin.gif
this just shows they SKIMMED thru the cv which also means its not a skilled job OR the person that looked at the cv probably wasnt as qualified as the applicant.call it a crisis or leadership-proposition joe.
Blud, your a joker. You really think that these things only exist in retail and jobs like that? You dont think they happen when skills come into play?My name is Western and I'm proud. No one never laughed when the teacher attempted to pronounce my name and I dont get called different variations so my name is bless.Slave owner name or not my name is my name and I make it what it is.
well it was a skilled job anyway, in my edit i added that it was for a govt job. but not laughing when the teacher called ur name is a highpoint?? :D

Ade...... Olu.........
Things like Ayomide which means my joy has arrived or Ebunoluwa meaning God's gift.edit: and hello Michael. I know it's you.

Blud, your a joker. You really think that these things only exist in retail and jobs like that? You dont think they happen when skills come into play?
when did i say thisi said UNSKILLED or when the applicant is more qualified than the person lookin at the cvif it was just retail i was talking about would SKILL come into it?and if it happens when skill comes into it its an eediot boy company or job and the company isnt based on what i would regard a SOLID job roles.
What you on about? "Retail and jobs like that" = unskilled, doesnt it? And yeah it is a heediyat ting but it happens in them bigger companies where skill is required. Its not what you know its who you know comes into play and your never gonna be the only one with the required skills applying to a certain job are you? There has to be something to differentiate between candidates and ethnicity CAN come into play. Maybe not from the jump but eventually. Dont go on like it doesnt happenAnd that was obviously a joke Carpe.

What you on about? "Retail and jobs like that" = unskilled, doesnt it? And yeah it is a heediyat ting but it happens in them bigger companies where skill is required. Its not what you know its who you know comes into play and your never gonna be the only one with the required skills applying to a certain job are you? There has to be something to differentiate between candidates and ethnicity CAN come into play. Maybe not from the jump but eventually. Dont go on like it doesnt happenAnd that was obviously a joke Carpe.
yeah i get you the name i have ill never have this problem so maybe im not seeing it like you and others.but the way i am if i even thought i didnt get a job because of something like that i doubt it would bother me much as i dont think any company owes me anything things like this just make me go out of my way to proove im worth it so ill get a job elsewhere or start up my own sutton in some way shape or form.i think this is why more and more people wanna be self employed.

Got an Ghanaian first name, but a standard surname, which actually is Swedish in origin, but a very common name in England and America.Perhaps to a certain extent it affects the employer's choice, but only if that employer was a stupid small minded patriotic idiot.As for my kids, I don't know. Wouldn't mind giving them an African or English name. Depends on what I feel would sound best at that moment in time. One thing I always said to myself was if one of my friends passed around the time my wife and I are planning to coneive, or are waiting for her to give birth, I would name my child in memory of them. I myself was named in memory of my murdered uncle so it's something I would see as important.

Got an Ghanaian first name, but a standard surname, which actually is Swedish in origin, but a very common name in England and America.Perhaps to a certain extent it affects the employer's choice, but only if that employer was a stupid small minded patriotic idiot.As for my kids, I don't know. Wouldn't mind giving them an African or English name. Depends on what I feel would sound best at that moment in time.

My bredrin has had his ghanian name changed, so how he just has his old middle name as his surname...which is "King"Bare of my african friends....like, their Middle name is their "real" first name..Won't hot no guys up, but, it was always the exposure, the teacher would accidentally read the middle name on the register instead of the first.....niggas be like biggrin.gif

I actaully despise those black women on Maury getting paternity tests. Some fo the names they give their kids are over stupid.Names like...RodjanayTia-WannaSecretThe kids are destined to be crackwhores before they even know it.

lol@them single mothers callin their kids tyreese n jodeci, clowns.
Mostly your people though biggrin.gif:D :D
Tyreese >>>>> Tom >>>> Bernard >>>>>> Nana/Kofo/Kwaku and Deji
Bruv what kind of f*ck*ng name is Tyreese??Some stupid Ebonic name, and our names have meanings. What the f*ck is a Tyrese?
Whats a Kwaku? Oh Tuesday or Wednesday innit? I stand down, deep name right there

lol@them single mothers callin their kids tyreese n jodeci, clowns.
Mostly your people though biggrin.gif:D :D
Tyreese >>>>> Tom >>>> Bernard >>>>>> Nana/Kofo/Kwaku and Deji
Bruv what kind of f*ck*ng name is Tyreese??Some stupid Ebonic name, and our names have meanings. What the f*ck is a Tyrese?
Whats a Kwaku? Oh Tuesday or Wednesday innit? I stand down, deep name right there
Blud, don't try and boy it. Just remember your bashment idols love the motherland.And big up the African names with meaning.