Another wire thread

o-guy

the real question is....wire vs sopranos?whos the victor.
jacked from another board:I used to fly The Sopranos/The Shield banner high as hell as the best shows ever, then I seen all of season 3 of The Wire. And then when season 4 dropped, sh*t was solidified. The Wire is the best show ever. When has a show killed off it's best character, and put another back in jail, where we don't see him at all, while "the star" of the show was reduced to a character actor and the show had it's best season ever. Maybe the best single season in TV ever. I will put the previous four seasons of The Wire against anything. Movies included and it will hold it's own. And we all know that the last three episodes of season 5 is probably going to be EPIC.pretty much feel the same way.
when u look at it like tht ye, whos the 'character actor' this person talked about?thing i like wit the sopranos is it shows me enough greaze. lol. i think in recent times the wire has shown me too much politcal sh*t which jars me when they do too much.
McNulty. He was one of the main characters in s3 but was reduced to a bit part for most of s4.
o ok. and for wot face off said, i dnt think the hamsterdam thing was THT over the top..i bet something like that has happened somewhere in america..
sheeeeeeiit...it even happened here (in brixton) on a much smaller scale with the soft approach to cannabis. Not saying there was no designated areas to deal but the principles were similar.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wire has got to many sick characters though, how can you duppy of the whole main crew of the first season fru pen or death and still have a sick showbodieavond'angelostringer bellweebaymichaelmarlowchrissnoopomarwallacebunkbruva mazonepootslimzeeprop jocheezeAnd it touches so many aspecst off lifeMurderGangsDrugsPoliceCorrupt PoliceCorrupt PoliticsDog FightingSchools& Loads More

the only bit in the wire i dont like is the unrealistic "hamsterdam" bolloxjust came across too fictional and was what stopped me from saying season 3 was the best.
try and look for the behind the scenes clips about each series, and the plots. its not fictional at all, most of the major plots were real characters or situations, including hamsterdama police chief DID try to implement it once there...sopranos is entertaining, not deeep, i never think about its issues or plots, the sheild is a bit more realistic buti cant get over the fact that the Internal affairs dept in real life wouldnt think of buggin that situation roomwhere mackie and those guys have pretty much talked about all the sh*t theyve done in there. complete bullshit in real life i reckon.oz was cool too but nothing like the wire..

yeah avon is the man and was more business savvy and family orientated with moral more than marlo who reminds me of 50 cent in terms of his attitude.things like this is why season 1 imo is the best its the foundation for every other season i aint seen 5 yet but cos its based on media etc i wasnt sure what direction it would be takin cos it just didnt seem like it would be hard hitting.its a shame they dont do season 6 with the latino's still.capre if you write a letter they might do it lol

yeah avon is the man and was more business savvy and family orientated with moral more than marlo who reminds me of 50 cent in terms of his attitude.things like this is why season 1 imo is the best its the foundation for every other season i aint seen 5 yet but cos its based on media etc i wasnt sure what direction it would be takin cos it just didnt seem like it would be hard hitting.its a shame they dont do season 6 with the latino's still.capre if you write a letter they might do it lol
Thats what i was finking aswell.Avons crew killed who that had to kill and seemed to care more about family n sh*t.Marlo kills anyone who he feels like killing or getting his muscle to kill like that gal n that security guard.5 has been sick so far balanced with the street and the media and it also interchanges at sum points aswel.The Wire Season1 >>>>>>>>>>>> Any other tv series

and looking back season 2 was actually the perfect season to follow one if it was similar it would have got boring , the whole business with the docks and the greeks showed a different angle of the game , but yet people try 2 say season 2 was the worst . . .
not evencos season 2 shows that project niggers dont know how to interact with guys like the greek most people like cheese would look on the greek like a d*ckhead (just like he did with mouzone) but man like prop joes KNOWS and thats why he had the potent product when avons connex down south got raided as he was interacting with that other dude.i dont think season 2 was sh*t at all.*sings the theme tune to himself "DOWN IN THE HOLEEEEEEEEEEEEE"*

and looking back season 2 was actually the perfect season to follow one if it was similar it would have got boring , the whole business with the docks and the greeks showed a different angle of the game , but yet people try 2 say season 2 was the worst . . .
yeah it had a good message and perspective and all that... but it lacked the level of...erm...."blackness" lol, it just didn't look at the black community like the others have, plus some of the favourite characters from series 1 were left on the sidelines

yeah it had a good message and perspective and all that... but it lacked the level of...erm...."blackness" lol, it just didn't look at the black community like the others have, plus some of the favourite characters from series 1 were left on the sidelines
i see what your saying , me personally i thought it was a nice change , but surely you didn't like season 4 for those same reasons ?i know it has a lot of focus on marlo and his people but there as no where near as many entertaining personalities among the black characters as there was in season 1 , or even season 3 . . .

oh and i see that man bitch SNOOP in one video RAPPING with toney yayo on "cocaine city vol 8"so she a rapper too.i dont rate her though
lol dont even get me started on her . . . took me at least 5 episodes to release that she was a female
loool same
took me bout 10 wen sum1 said she i was baffed so looked her name up n wam