Young £

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i swear you lot have like 7 red cards this season though
3rd of the season.
Steinsson, the Iceland defender, escaped serious injury as Diaby became the sixth Arsenal player to be sent off this season after Chris Foy, the referee, showed him a straight red card.
both wronghttp://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle3649049.ece

I just got my weekly 'Wengers verdict' & he said it was bad challenge & he deserved to go, so this thread is pointless.
post it up..how is this thread pointless you moronarent we allowed to talk about the tackle
"Wenger's Verdict" is a par, I use to think he wrote them like the programme notes, then I clocked its just what he says in interviews.
As for Diaby's sending off, I was not upset with the decision but I felt it was more of a protective tackle. But he was too high so I don't complain. Just before that I thought it was a foul on him.

Guest Lemons

All managers should/do defend their players.Alex ferguson is a c*nt but you don't see people making topics and making comedic references to his stupid red face and excessive gum chewing (the two I believe are not unconnected).

From the start of Wenger's tyrany to now, i think the total amount of red cards arsenal have picked up is something in the region of 80.Thats almost an average of 10 a season.
We aint hit 80, and Wenger been here way more than 8 seasons... So its far from almost.
I guess this is stalk Rsonist's posts day for you.You on your reds again?

We did have a disciplinary problem esp around 98-01 when vieria was getting sent of around 4 times a season. There was alot made of it then and the FA warned arsenal about their future conduct. But in recent years we have rectified this - in our last two seasons we have got 3 red cards (league)

From the start of Wenger's tyrany to now, i think the total amount of red cards arsenal have picked up is something in the region of 80.Thats almost an average of 10 a season.
We aint hit 80, and Wenger been here way more than 8 seasons... So its far from almost.
Lol. Kettle. Black.

Lol. Kettle. Black.
Wow.Just wow.You are either incredibly stupid or just naive. :D

Both tackles were as bad as eachothertherefore the reactions to both should be similar,but because eduardo plays for a bigger team & is a more well known player than Steinsson, they villified Taylor sickly & brushed over diaby
the reaction wont be similar as Steinsson's leg didnt break like Eduardo's..that was another point, the media and everyone just brushed it away like it never happenedno uproar no nothing

I just got my weekly 'Wengers verdict' & he said it was bad challenge & he deserved to go, so this thread is pointless.
post it up..how is this thread pointless you moronarent we allowed to talk about the tackle
*ignores the insult from this fish*You can talk bout it but the title suggests Wenger claimed not to see it which ain't true.I see someones posted it up already so....

Lol. Kettle. Black.
lol @ Rsonist calling another human being stupid or naive.The same guy who didn't know he was mashing a 15 year old child LMBAO

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

he condemned the tackle so this topics stupid. However the sentiment is true that although he's only doing the 'i didn't see it' to not give the media ammo he should talk more openly and honestly. He's got his favourites aswell one time i remember him crucifying Jeffers for a red card yet the likes of Vieira and Bergkamp got away with murder. Fergusons equally as contradictory as was mourinho.

Both tackles were as bad as eachothertherefore the reactions to both should be similar,but because eduardo plays for a bigger team & is a more well known player than Steinsson, they villified Taylor sickly & brushed over diaby
Or could it be because one player broke his leg, has his career threaten, and misses the rest of the season, a European Champiosnhip where he is his countries star player and probably the rest of football in '08, while the other played the rest of the game...

Lol. Kettle. Black.
You made a foolish incorrect statement, I corrected it, so you my friend are the stupid one...

the reaction wont be similar as Steinsson's leg didnt break like Eduardo's..that was another point, the media and everyone just brushed it away like it never happenedno uproar no nothing
Everyone I've seen criticised the tackle.

Everyone I've seen criticised the tackle.
if steinsson's leg snapped in half no-one would give two shitshe would barely get a "i hope he recovers quickly" from gary lineker

http://soccershout.com/2008/03/31/ar...-intelligence/Arsene Wenger’s Blind Spot is an Insult to Fans’ IntelligencePublished on March 31, 2008 by Phil McThomasIf you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!Arsene Wenger’s blind spot has become legion in footballing circles. “Doing a Wenger” has become synonymous with pretending not to see something that implicates one of your players.That’s all well and good to a degree - it’s the footballing equivalent of pleading the fifth - but there comes a point you’d have to assume that your audience are imbeciles if they’re going to buy it. And as Wenger’s audience are also the people who pour their money into the sport - and therefore his club - he’s insulting his customers. And that’s just not cool.Wenger on Martin Taylor’s tackle on Eduardo:“The tackle was horrendous and unforgivable.”He did retract the statement that contained that comment, but presumably he would still stand by that part of it. “On reflection, I feel that my comments about Martin Taylor were excessive”, he later said, but nothing along the lines of “the tackle wasn’t that bad after all”.So after Abou Diaby’s red card against Bolton (video), which to my mind was right up there with Martin Taylor’s leg-breaker, we get“I was not upset with the sending off but I felt it was more of a protective tackle. But he was too high so I don’t complain. Just before that I thought it was a foul on him.”You’re probably familiar with the concept of parallel universes. The theory says that there are an infinite number of them, but for the sake of time and bandwidth, there’s only two of them that I want you to try and imagine.In another universe, Eduardo is still skipping about on the football pitch and no-one has spent any more time thinking about Martin Taylor than they did last season, which is not very much. However, Bolton’s Gretar Steinsson is in hospital with a compound fracture of his shin, thanks to Abou Diaby’s lunge. It could easily have happened.What would Wenger have said then?“I was not upset with the sending off but I felt it was more of a protective tackle. But he was too high so I don’t complain. Just before that I thought it was a foul on him.”Let’s dance on to another parallel universe. This one is even more uncomfortable for Mr Wenger. In this universe, there have been two broken legs in the Premier League this season - one a piece for Eduardo and Steinsson.What would Wenger have said then?“I was not upset with the sending off but I felt it was more of a protective tackle. But he was too high so I don’t complain. Just before that I thought it was a foul on him.”I don’t think Wenger’s blind spot is his inability to notice things that happen on a football pitch - his job title will tell you that cannot be true. His blind spot is that he can’t tell when he’s sounding ridiculous and treating those that pay his wages like morons.
Over the top at some points, but the gist is true..
Article is complete nonsense.Secondly.91986656um3.jpgThe difference is one is BROKEN and the other one isn't.Watch it again, you'll find the referee only reacted THAT badly once he'd seen the state of Eduardo's leg. Diaby should have known better that to tackle like that when referees are clamping down so much on this now.