Females

Angelo

Why would I? I only listen to my self, if my so called friends don’t want to see me happy then they aren’t my friends, if he wasn’t any good and they were only trying to make me see it, I would feel dumb so no people draw boundaries and don’t comment on my love life to tuff.
me personally I only want to see my friends happy and sometimes I can be crytical.....sometimes my friends dont apreciate what I say maybe because they dont like hearing the truth at the time but in the long run they thank me and thats all that matters
that’s your friends, like I said I don’t need know one telling me he isn’t good enough for me I wouldn’t listen and would carry on about my business and find out for myself.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its there job to pick up the pieces if it doesn’t work out lol, not cause conflict from the beginning.
I know of a few girls within my acquaintances circle that, when they get a boyfriend, spend all their time with him – don’t make any time for their friends, put him above them in their priorities etc…What you have just said is something they have said – Im not saying at all you are one of these girls, but:Your friends are your friends because you can trust them, value their opinions, and are happy and comfortable being around them, and being yourself.Would you completely disregard their looking out for your wellbeing, concern, and existence in your life for years over a guy you haven’t spent 2 months with?I know for a fact that when I meet someone, my vision is clouded because its that stage where none of my potential partners bad traits are shown, and if they are, I tend to overlook them. Its here when my friends will clock things (being on the outside) I wouldnt. I personally would appreciate them coming to me and voicing their concerns.In the past I've had friends do it, and have been against it, disregarding them, and ignoring them. If they are friends and have your best interests at heart though, they will always be right. This is probably why I can say now that I would listen to my friends if they voiced any concerns, within reason.I know for a fact if I ignored my friends advice and they didnt like me being with someone, they would become disillusioned with the friendship, and we would drift apart. Im witnessing it right now with a friend within my close circle.

So you’re telling me you would end a relationship with your girlfriend because of hearsay? Friends are very important but certain ones can be sly and even the ones you think you can trust can f*ck you over.
I wouldnt end a relationship over hearsay no.But at the end of the day, my friends are more important to me than a chick I met a week before.I trust my own ability to spot snakes, dodgy girls, and characteristics of people.My friends are there to bolster this.

So you’re telling me you would end a relationship with your girlfriend because of hearsay? Friends are very important but certain ones can be sly and even the ones you think you can trust can f*ck you over.
I Disagree with this part of your statement and reiterate my previous point that you probably aint got decent mates coz my friends wont do this, my friends aint sly and my friends wont try and f*ck me overwhat friend is going to want to do that?

Guest LOGers
Fair enough Jodie..But to you..and everyone else who has answered "no im not influenced".Are you genuinely saying that, "that guy" who you liked at the bar or whatever (example innit), might not still be "that guy" if it wasnt for your friends?Have any of you actually had a man that all your girlfriends actively disliked, for whatever reason, yet you still defended him, and stayed with him?
Yes... they ended up being right lol
Cosign.Everyone and their mother hated my ex. As far as I was concerned I didnt care what they thought because I loved him.It came to a point when people would be like 'you know what, just dont talk about him to me'.LOL.

Fair enough Jodie..But to you..and everyone else who has answered "no im not influenced".Are you genuinely saying that, "that guy" who you liked at the bar or whatever (example innit), might not still be "that guy" if it wasnt for your friends?Have any of you actually had a man that all your girlfriends actively disliked, for whatever reason, yet you still defended him, and stayed with him?
Yes... they ended up being right lol
Being in a situation where its the other way round is heavenly. Where everyone likes you jeeez... come like Usher.EVERYONE defends you when there is an argument. Good times good times.*Goes bed*

thinking back about me posting in this thread I realised that its kind of a dry topicI have been in a situation where a girl has listened to her friends rather than me and she end up getting shot (not literally)I probably should have mentioned that earlier as this is influencing my views

Ok the title and subtitle pretty much sum it up.

Females - does the opinion of your girlfriends/friends matter to you when evaluating a potential partner?If one is noticably older/younger, and your girlfriends/friends dismiss him off the bat purely because of that, are you the type to take their influence?Do you take opinions when choosing links (if you even tell your girls about them) and boyfriends?Have you ever boyed off a guy just because your girlfriends didnt like him, or you thought theyd look at you differently, even though you were feeling him?

When my friends first met my ex, aftewards they said , What on earth are you doing with him , are you crazy but tbh i am slightly crazy so therefore i tend to end up with crazy guys. He is very reserved and comes across a bit arrogant to people he doesnt know and the day he met some of my friends he made no effort to engage in conversation with them. when he first got my number, one of my friends was with me and right in front of him she said, ' your gonna give your number to that ? '............................ a couple of days later, he was like, whats your friend problem with me, she was giving me evils all night.she started say he is no good for you, you can do better etc etc , in a way she was right and in a way she was wrong, i know that doesnt make much sense but anyways.......However, the tables have been turned, when one of my friend was seeing a guy, i thought he was a waste of space and a complete d*ckhead , told her i thought he was no good for her and it turned out i was actually right for they broke up not so long after due to him being a cocky prat. At the end of the day, your only looking out for your friend, your not tryna hurt her, love/lust can be blind at times.