Gareth Barry to Liverpool

HangTheDJ

It looks as though they are offering 12million and Riise/Pennant.But we want 12million 'and another player'. According to some 'in the knows' anyway.Hopefully we get £10-12 and Crouch.If he goes, it should be on OUR terms. We can't be seen to be a selling club and we must get the better side of the deal.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No No No No No Benitez!WTFI dont see how hes going to help us any more then what we have got. :D going to be a real long summer.And now with these rumours about Arsenal wanting to sign krancjar, its killing me to find out who this player we have signed is.the way we are going it will be that camel diouf :D

Doesn't look like its all done and dusted yet;From our official site;

Barry Will Stay0,,10265~3655999,00.jpgJohn Carew believes Gareth Barry will snub the lure of Champions League football at Liverpool to lead Villa's continued revival.The Norwegian international striker is convinced skipper Barry will stay this summer because 'Villa is in his heart.'Martin O'Neill reacted furiously on Friday as news of Liverpool's bid for England international Barry was made public just 24 hours before the vital home game with Wigan.Now Carew shares his manager's determination to keep Barry at the club. He said: "I think Gareth will stay here, hopefully. I haven't given it that much thought, but Villa is in his heart."I haven't spoken to him. But I feel he will stay and hopefully we can offer him the platform. I just hope he stays."

I am very reluctant for Xabi Alonso to leave, but Barry would be a decent replacement, if we could still make a profit from Alonso's potnetial sale to Barca or who ever, but I want Alonso to stayI would be pissed though, if Barry was to sign for us, and alternate between the '2' of our 4-2-3-1 formation, with the left back and left midfield roles.As someone previously mentioned, I hope Villa significantly raise the price for his sale.

You gotta remember, he's worth more to us because he isn't just any player.He is Mr Aston Villa, the face of our club, our most influential player, and our captain.It's like when you felt you were getting ripped of for Gerrard at 30million... Because to you, he is irreplaceable.If he went to Liverpool, he would just be another very good player, at Aston Villa, he's more than that.

Barry isn't that bad Q acting as if Kranjcar ia amazingthey are on par in terms of statureallow offering them Pennant though he is a good back up player
I don't want to see Pennant go either.I think we have other positions that need addressing more urgently, fair play Barry can play fullback and wide left but he isn't in the mould of wide player we need in the sense he doesn't have the ability to beat his man and he lacks pace. Good player but for the money villa are asking I think it would be better spent elsewhere.

You gotta remember, he's worth more to us because he isn't just any player.He is Mr Aston Villa, the face of our club, our most influential player, and our captain.It's like when you felt you were getting ripped of for Gerrard at 30million... Because to you, he is irreplaceable.If he went to Liverpool, he would just be another very good player, at Aston Villa, he's more than that.
did i not say this sh*t the other day and u was like f*ck liverpool lol. as i said before i hope he stays at villa, i wouldnt mind seeing him at liverpool but i like villa and they need him more than we do.

I can see Crouch + Riise going there and probably £5millionWould say thats more than decent along with Aaron Ramsey being targeted we should we sorted for the central roles for another 10 years atleast with Ramsey being Gerrard's successor and Lucas being Xabi's.Get in a wide player hopefully someone with guile and pace and a fullback on the right hand sideThis would be my squad:ReinaSteve HarperFinnan-RBArbeloa-RB/LB/RWB*new right back*-Rafinha or Bosingwa-RB/RWB-Around £13million for Bosingwa and £10million for RafinhaAurelio-LBInsua-LB/LWBSkrtel-CBCarragher-CB/RBHyypia-CBAgger-CB/LBMascherano-DMPlessis-DMAlonso-CMGerrard-AM/RM/CMRamsey-AM/RM/CM-£5million*new winger David Silva-£17million *rumour flying about acording to Ballague*Yossi Benayoun-RW/LW/AMBabel-LW/STKuyt-STTorres-STNemeth-STCost only= £35million and so much strength in depthRafa needs to see thisIf we dont win the title with that squad we wont win sh*t with any squad

Barry isn't that bad Q acting as if Kranjcar ia amazingthey are on par in terms of statureallow offering them Pennant though he is a good back up player
nah i dont think hes amazing, but i thought he was on the only plausible guy that it could be with all these rumours.I dont think barry is sh*t either, i just dont think we need him. especially if we have to spend so much money.

did i not say this sh*t the other day and u was like f*ck liverpool lol. as i said before i hope he stays at villa, i wouldnt mind seeing him at liverpool but i like villa and they need him more than we do.
I'll say it again.f*ck Pool.The way you've gone about this move is totally wrong.Tryna use bully boy tactics to get us to relinquish our best player because you can't afford to pay what we'd asked for.

I'll say it again.f*ck Pool.The way you've gone about this move is totally wrong.Tryna use bully boy tactics to get us to relinquish our best player because you can't afford to pay what we'd asked for.
lol fair enough i havent seen us do anything except bid £10 million and offer a player swap plus cash deal but other people have seen something i havent. and my point was i already said that the other day.

He is worth 20million to us.You cannot afford to spend that much on him, as you need stregnthen in other areas and cash is limited.So you offer a few million and some shitty players you want off your wage bill and leak it to the media to give us an un-happy player...That is bullyboy tactics... Tryna force us into a corner, when we had two massive games to concentrate on.You did that hoping that if we didnt accept your shitty offer we'd be stuck with a player who wants to leave... So we either price you out of a move and have someone who wants to go, or accept a few million quid a couple of reserves.Which is why if he goes it MUST be on our terms. It cannot be win/win for you.We don't NEED the money and have overpaid before because we have it, but if we sell him to you, we must get what he's worth, or players that are of value to you and would be to us (Finnan, Crouch, Benayoun, Agger).

Guest Sho Case
He is worth 20million to us.You cannot afford to spend that much on him, as you need stregnthen in other areas and cash is limited.So you offer a few million and some shitty players you want off your wage bill and leak it to the media to give us an un-happy player...That is bullyboy tactics... Tryna force us into a corner, when we had two massive games to concentrate on.You did that hoping that if we didnt accept your shitty offer we'd be stuck with a player who wants to leave... So we either price you out of a move and have someone who wants to go, or accept a few million quid a couple of reserves.Which is why if he goes it MUST be on our terms. It cannot be win/win for you.We don't NEED the money and have overpaid before because we have it, but if we sell him to you, we must get what he's worth, or players that are of value to you and would be to us (Finnan, Crouch, Benayoun, Agger).
agger you know,too far

Agger & Skrtel = Future best centre backs in the world partnership Nesta and Maldini styleBarry is a very consistent player who does his job very wellHe would go sick with Alonso and Mascherano imo if you add up their qualities
Vidic & Ferdinand >>>> Any centre backs for the next 5 years.Gareth Barry is a consistent and solid left back. Even at left back he'll even pop up with a few goals. He is also a quality midfield who would work perfectly in Liverpools setup, I can understand why Villa wouldn't want him to go but why would any Liverpool fan not want him? Mancini is near 30 now and most games in nothing above average, he has 1 good game every 20.