Arshavin

Nah Blud I

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrei Arshavin's agent insists the player is just waiting to complete his move to Tottenham.Dennis Lachter admits that Arshavin was not that keen on Tottenham when their interest first transpired but he is now desperate to join Spurs.Arshavin has always said he would prefer to join Barcelona, but Lachter admits that his charge was won over by Spurs and particularly coach Juande Ramos."Andrei is ready to move to Tottenham, now it just depends on Zenit," Lachter told Sovietsky Sport."Arshavin changed his decision [about joining Spurs] due to excellent interest from Spurs."They are the one team that fully agreed his contract demands and ready to pay almost the full price that Zenit wants."Juande Ramos called Andrei and described his vision of football and his vision of Andrei's future in the team."Ramos said that Arshavin will be a key player of his team and he is highly interested in this deal."Spurs had the money for Andrei all the time and their interest isn't new. But Zenit doesn't want to say that they have an official offer from Tottenham. But they have it."Super CupReports in Russia suggest Zenit want to keep Arshavin for the European Super Cup clash with Manchester United on 29th August in Monaco.But Lachter says Arshavin does not want the deal to be delayed until the end of the month."I don't think the deal can be delayed until the Super Cup against Manchester United because I'm unsure that today's Arshavin can be useful for Zenit."I hope that Zenit will collect themselves. I know the high level of professionalism of Zenit's new president [Alexander] Dukov and his great personality."Zenit sporting director Konstantin Sarsaniya admits that an agreement could be close to being finalised with Spurs."We have certain contacts with Tottenham, but when they will conclude, I still do not know," Sarsaniya told Sports.ru."Maybe within five days, maybe sooner, maybe later."Tottenham have an interest in the player, and I understand that the player has an interest in the club too."

Tottenham are set to end their interest in bringing Russia forward Andrei Arshavin to White Hart Lane but Roman Pavlyuchenko is among the list of players they are still looking at.Zenit St Petersburg have invited Spurs to make a bid upwards of £20million for Arshavin, who caught the eye at Euro 2008, but it is understood that the Barclays Premier League club will focus their attention elsewhere.Dennis Lachter, Arshavin's advisor, had previously claimed that the 27-year-old was ready to join Spurs and that head coach Juande Ramos had "explained his vision of football" to the playmaker. Lachter also spoke of the problems negotiating with Russian clubs.Zenit have accepted that Arshavin will leave - his preference was a move to Spanish giants Barcelona - but Spurs did not lodge a bid for him.Arshavin recently told Newsweek magazine: "My only wish is to play with a stronger team. If Zenit agrees with Chelsea or Arsenal, I will gladly join either of them."

I still want him. and most of the ITK's are saying the deal is still on.
Same.No one knows sh*t whats happening atm, this transfer is very f*cked. I hear stories about how we never bidded for them, when their manager said they rejected them and is already expecting him to leave. If he ain't here by Wednesday its time to give up.

You can get better for cheaper and younger. He is 28 and paying £24 million is a joke! This is what happens when you play TWO good games in the Euros and go missing in the biggest one of all.You know whats worse he has already had pictures taken with Barcelona shirts holding them up etc.

You can get better for cheaper and younger. He is 28 and paying £24 million is a joke! This is what happens when you play TWO good games in the Euros and go missing in the biggest one of all.You know whats worse he has already had pictures taken with Barcelona shirts holding them up etc.
I know we are getting bumped. Zenit are using the excuse, you got 20 mil for a 28 year old and you need to pay around the same amount of cash. As for the highlighted comments, i actually don't think we can. When/if dimi leaves we need a big name to replace him, this is that guy. Would be interesting to see who Levy goes after if we don't sign him though.

He turned 27 two months ago.and ramos has wanted him since his days at Sevilla. We don't buy players based on 2 games.

He turned 27 two months ago.and ramos has wanted him since his days at Sevilla. We don't buy players based on 2 games.
Oh so he's 27, simple mistake.Not saying you're buying a player based on 2 games I'm pointing out that his price tag has shot up due to the Sweden and Holland performances.

Can't remember if I've posted this already but meh.Arshavin was touted to leave around Dec/January time for £7-8M... Zenit even said he could leave for that much so the £24M they're asking for now is OVERKILL.I'd say about 10-15 players are worth that in the world, and Arshavin isn't one of them.