Arshavin

Nah Blud I

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His agent said hes speaking with Zenit tonight if they are willing to let him go. They want him to stay till something silly like the 24th so he can play against UTD in the super cup. Ruined all the excitement i had, not bothered with this transfer anymore. However, still heard the Dm stories can still become a possibility

This is fully taking the f*ckin mickey now.Im hearing one minute, Zenit are willing to reduce their asking price and everything is still going along smoothly, then i read this -

Zenit St Petersburg have refuted suggestions that they are willing to lower their asking price for Andrei Arshavin. The Russia international has been strongly linked with a move to Tottenham of late, although the Premier League side are reluctant to meet the players' valuation.That had led to reports that Zenit would be prepared to slash the £24million price tag down to £19million.However, Spurs' hopes that they would be able to save £5million on the talented playmaker appear to have been dashed, with a spokesman for the Uefa Cup holders branding these rumours 'untrue'.The club's sporting director Konstantin Sarsaniya also strongly denied the suggestions, saying: "The situation has not changed. Tottenham offered us £15.8m for Andrei, but that does not work for us. We are waiting for a new proposal." Spurs have money to spend following the sale of Robbie Keane to Liverpool, but with Giovani dos Santos, Luka Modric and David Bentley having all been acquired over the summer they will not be prepared to break the bank for another creative influence

Yeah, Paul Smith has just said that Levy is still in Russia and the deal is still on.We supposedly had everything tied up on Friday, we had agreed a fee with the club and agreed wages with the player until Zenit had a sudden change of mind and wanted an extra £5m in appearance money.

Andrei Arshavin's frustration is mounting as his proposed move to Tottenham continues to be delayed.Zenit St Petersburg have rejected formal bids from Barcelona and Tottenham for Arshavin, whose inspirational performances led Russia to the Euro 2008 semi-finals.Zenit have raised Arshavin's price tag to a reported 27 million euros (£21million), with the 27-year-old now fearing he has been priced out of the market."This price tag has frightened everybody off," Arshavin told Sport Express."Only Tottenham have dared continue negotiations. But as it stands nothing has developed."My desire to leave is still as strong, but there is nothing more to do now other than hope for a miracle."I understand perfectly well that if I don't move on now, I probably never will."I'm just hoping that one fine morning the bosses at Gazprom will wake up in a good mood and say: 'We've had enough of Arshavin's whining - let's let him go'."Spurs appealWith the prospect of his dream move to Barcelona over for now after the Catalans signed Alexander Hleb, Arshavin has turned his attention to the Premier League and reiterated his desire to work with Spurs coach Juande Ramos."When Tottenham made their offer I was sceptical at first," Arshavin continued."But after Ramos called me personally and told me that that they were selling Robbie Keane and that he wanted me in his side, the situation changed."When a coach shows an interest in you, especially such a renowned and strong coach, then that is already half of the success of any move."I also like the way Tottenham play, so I agreed in principle to join."A short while later a representative from Spurs arrived to discuss my personal terms and contract."The discussion didn't take long and we agreed on everything quickly. Only then did my asking price go up."Tottenham have a decent squad with (Luka) Modric, (Dimitar) Berbatov and other players, and the club is fully capable of fighting for a place in the Champions League."The main thing is to try my strengths in a league like the Premier League and play against the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal on a regular basis rather than once every five years."Advocaat fearDespite the breakdown in negotiations, Zenit coach d*ck Advocaat believes the club have not heard the last from Tottenham and is confident the deal can be resurrected.The Dutchman told Rossiskaya Gazeta: "I am sure Tottenham will be back to make another, more suitable offer for Arshavin's transfer."There is no set time period or deadline for this. Zenit are doing everything in the correct way."If Tottenham can sell Robbie Keane to Liverpool for €25million then in my opinion they should pay good money for Arshavin."Arshavin is currently preparing to fly to Kazan for Zenit's crucial Premier Liga match against league leaders Rubin on Saturday despite reports in the English press that the player is "on strike".Arshavin, along with fellow Russian internationals Alexander Anyukov, Roman Shirokov and Konstantin Zyryanov, was rested in midweek for Zenit's cup defeat to Sibir Novosibirsk.

Tottenham are ready to clinch the signing of Russian star Andrei Arshavin this weekend - and open the door for Dimitar Berbatov to join Manchester United.White Hart Lane supremo Daniel Levy has made the breakthrough on the protracted move to land Euro 2008 ace Arshavin, with a deal of just over £20million to be settled with Zenit St Petersburg.Arshavin, 27, is waiting on the nod to fly in today as his club accept she wants to go and they drain every penny out of the transfer. The Russian playmaker agreed terms weeks ago.Coach Juande Ramos demanded Arshavin was signed before Berbatov was sold. The Bulgarian met chairman Levy again yesterday in a bid to finally force through his move.Advertisement - article continues below »Spurs are still haggling with Manchester City over Croatian defender Vedran Corluka.They may now make a lower offer after he was made ineligible for Europe.Spurs are seeking compensation from City for the collapse of the proposed £5m-plus-instalments deal.But they hope it could be resolved by taking the player on a reduced fee.

Guest Sorter.
Zenit St Petersburg have ruled out selling striker Andrei Arshavin to Tottenham before the transfer window closes.Spurs have been tracking the 27-year-old playmaker since he starred for Russia at Euro 2008.However, the two clubs have not been able to agree a fee with Spurs refusing to match Zenit's adjusted valuation of £19.7million.Zenit gave Tottenham until Monday of this week to meet their demands and have now announced there is no chance of a deal going through.The Uefa Cup winners stated on their official website: "The uncertainty of the situation does not make it possible for the club to seek out a replacement for Andrei."Zenit consider the question of the transfer of the player to Tottenham closed."Tottenham will now have to turn their attentions elsewhere, with Arshavin's compatriot Roman Pavlyuchenko understood to be one target.A number of other clubs have also been interested in Arshavin this summer but it now seems as though he will be staying with Zenit.Barcelona were put off by Zenit's demands, while the player's agent Dennis Lachter claimed on Wednesday that Arshavin could have joined Arsenal if he had not demanded too much money.

Guest Sorter.
f*ck DIMI FFS.HE IS NOW A DETRIMENT TO OUR TEAM AS WHOLE.NEEDS TO BE SOLD ASAP TO FULFILL HIS 'DREAM'.DONT NO WHY SOME ARE STILL HOPING HE STAYS EVEN THO HE HAS CLEARLY STATED HE NO LONGER WANTS TO PLAY FOR US.
because if we sell him now, with no adequate replacement then we are not finishing top half.

I got a funny feeling this will still go through.
Knew it...
Andrei Arshavin set to join Tottenham, says Zenit coach d*ck AdvocaatAndrei Arshavin is likely to join Tottenham before the close of the transfer window, according to Zenit St Petersburg coach d*ck Advocaat.Advocaat has revealed that talks are continuing between the two clubs, saying: "Last year we sold Martin Skrtel to Liverpool for £10 million, and now probably Arshavin will go to Spurs."Advocaat added that Arshavin is likely to be withdrawn from Super Cup game against Manchester United on August 29 to avoid injury.His comments seem to contradict a Zenit statement earlier this week, which claimed Spurs had missed an agreed deadline to sign the Russia playmaker.Tottenham are still expecting to lose Dimitar Berbatov to Manchester United, and the arrival of Arshavin would be a significant boost for the north London club, who were defeated by Middlesbrough in their Premier League opener last week.Arshavin was widely expected to leave Zenit after Euro 2008, with Barcelona his preferred option. However, his wage demands - and Zenit's £20 million valuation - cooled the interest of a number of clubs, Arsenal among them.Tottenham have continued their pursuit however, and will now hope to secure the 27-year-old's signature before the transfer window closes on September 1.