Way forward for Grime...

Younger

For Grime to go back to what it was, it would need an older in the scene or someone with a rather large fanbase 2 do music and not care about the money they will earn from it which isn't happening atm.The youngers relii are copying trends and always will when its no longer the thing to make loadsss of money, which is what skepta and ghetto espescially are promotingg alot right now, then ppl will go back to just spittin for the love of it, makin sikk rave tunes and just looking to please grime fans.but relii it is all about making money, so the likely hood of grime getting back to what it was IMO is very very unlikely

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say, too much has gone wrong. It all started when they started trying to make club tunes by getting a slower beat and getting a female vocalist on the Chorus. But that didn't work because you had some hype bars coming in and completely changing the tone of the track... Like titch shoutingWOT YOU LOOKIN FOR... BITCHYOU DON'T REALLY WANT WAR... BITCH

grime isnt dead the yutes love it like you did... most of you just grew out of it you old bastards
lol not at all.it started off as a rave genre, i.e. it wass designed for the 18+ group that can reach raves....now their rave scenes dead, all the ppl went to other genres, and grime changed to not include that neccesary rave factor.

Grime is bigger than it has ever been its just that to get to that stage it had to sacrifice the stuff at road level i.e pirate radio you could argue that the worse thing to ever happen in grime was when the mc's started making money and learnt how to keep making money but at the same time if we the listeners from day all went out in big numbers to buy mixtapes and Albums then the likes of JME Wiley and Kano or even Dizzee wouldn't have seen the need to start making more comercial stuff these guys have to eat

people expactions changed aswell back in the day man could come to a rave spit one line 8 times as hype as posible get a reload crowd wud go nutsnow days they would get planfaced of the stageeverything changed
InnitIts f*ckin ridiculous, now everyones too interested in the mc havin loadsa methaphores/punchlines and deep lyrics etc rather than some hype catchy barsDont even like the MC side of the scene these days, would much rather hear the DJs just spinnin GRIME

grime can never be what it once was. it was the product of a time and place that has been and gone, even if they didn't mean it to be it was a social commentary of urban britain in those years, the way garage got locked off - the prevalence of cheap, easy to use music production software, pirate radio, all these things have changed. It's been and gone, another genre of young, independent, british music that got hyped, exploited and dumped.

On dubstep i love it the same way I used to love grime but the sad thing is once their producers start making the really big p that would get more comercial and soft as well its bound to happen its happened to every type of road/underground genre Hip Hop Reggae Bashment Grime
didnt happen to jungle/drum n bass.
Pendulum?DNB is weak now, everyone I know in the scene from DJ Chef on Kool FM to flippin Mc "50 year old" Fats can't be arsed with it no more coz of how its changed

On dubstep i love it the same way I used to love grime but the sad thing is once their producers start making the really big p that would get more comercial and soft as well its bound to happen its happened to every type of road/underground genre Hip Hop Reggae Bashment Grime
Pendulum?DNB is weak now, everyone I know in the scene from DJ Chef on Kool FM to flippin Mc "50 year old" Fats can't be arsed with it no more coz of how its changed
lol @ pendulum, there music is more rock now then dnb...but even if u wana say der dnb, thats 1 artist, its not the whole genre. the underground scene in dnb is still healthy.lol @ sayin its weak now. maybe the guys you know aint on it, but ders plentyyyyy of producers making bangers, plenty of newcomers, and raves are rammed out and vinyls are sold out. the sound aint been compramised (for commercialsim anyways) either.

SO WHY ARE THERE CONSTANT RAVES EVERY WEEK ALL OVER THE WORLD WITH RAM JAM LINEUPS????IF PEOPLE CAN'T BE BOTHERED WHY KEEP SPITTING/DJING???I THINK YOUR GETTIN CONFUSED FAM IT AIN'T 06 NO MORE EVERYONES HUNGRY AGAIN.

Yeah I see what you man are saying I'm probably looking at it from the point of view of the olders in DNB - man that have been around from Desire days.I suppose its still quite big on a worldly scale with jam raves n ting but to me, from what I grew up listening and raving to its just watered down now.
maybe the sounds changed be it good or bad, but i dnt think its commercial or any less "hard". in comparison to the genres kompressor said that went to cater for a more mainstream market (not too sure if that holds with reggae and bashment, but definately grime n hip hop), dnb is still aiming for the underground.

Yeah I see what you man are saying I'm probably looking at it from the point of view of the olders in DNB - man that have been around from Desire days.I suppose its still quite big on a worldly scale with jam raves n ting but to me, from what I grew up listening and raving to its just watered down now.
maybe the sounds changed be it good or bad, but i dnt think its commercial or any less "hard". in comparison to the genres kompressor said that went to cater for a more mainstream market (not too sure if that holds with reggae and bashment, but definately grime n hip hop), dnb is still aiming for the underground.
Nail on the head. Thats what I actually should have said rather than it being commercial....pendulum just sprung to mind as soon as I saw that word and all their cheesey riffs and whatnot.

Nail on the head. Thats what I actually should have said rather than it being commercial....pendulum just sprung to mind as soon as I saw that word and all their cheesey riffs and whatnot.
lol pendulum are just cheese on toast.annoyin wen ppl think they listen to dnb cos they listen to pendulum.

lol pendulum are just cheese on toast.annoyin wen ppl think they listen to dnb cos they listen to pendulum.
Come acros sthis crowd a lot these days.