iPhone

Mr. Gayle

Oh,

iPhone4, iPad, iPod touch users get free (iThink) mobile me access.

Locate your iPhone on a map.People misplace things all the time. Fortunately, if you lose your iPhone, Find My iPhone can help. It’s a feature that’s part of MobileMe, but now it’s also free on every iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.* Enable Find My iPhone in Settings. Then if you misplace your iPhone, you can sign in to me.com from any computer web browser or using the Find My iPhone app on another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to display its approximate location on a map.

Display a message or play a sound to help you find it.

Say you’ve just used Find My iPhone, and it turns out you left your iPhone at the doctor’s office. You can write a message and display it on your screen. Something like, “Oops, left my iPhone behind. Please call me at 408-555-0198.” Your message appears, even if the screen is locked. And if the map shows that your iPhone is nearby — perhaps in your office under a pile of papers — yet you still can’t find it, you can tell Find My iPhone to play a sound that overrides the volume or silent setting.

Set a passcode lock remotely.

If you realize that you left your iPhone in a public place, you may want to protect its contents until it’s safely back in your hands. Remotely set a four-digit passcode lock to prevent people from using your iPhone, accessing your personal information, or tampering with your settings.

Protect your privacy with Remote Wipe.

Addresses, phone numbers, email, photos. Your iPhone contains important and personal information — information you probably don’t want in the hands of a stranger. So if you lose your iPhone and displaying a message on it hasn’t resulted in its safe return, you can initiate a remote wipe to restore it to its factory settings. If you eventually find your iPhone, just connect it to your computer and use iTunes to restore the data from your most recent backup.

Find My iPhone app

Because the unexpected happens in the most unexpected places , the Find My iPhone app can help you locate your missing iPhone even when you dont have access to a computer. its free on the App Store and available to anyone. So if you misplace your device, download the Find My iPhone app on a friend's iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and sign in to access all the Find My iPhone features on the spot.

https://auth.me.com/authenticate

/

lol @ the txt colour. just highlight it if you cant see it.

f*ck*ng tried to update the thing to the 4.2

iphone froze and now its stuck on the connect to itunes screen thing

dnt know how to fix this. definetly jailbreaking now since ive probably lost all my apps n sh*t

/

fml

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

Barrel

/

i dnt get this, why do they make it if its free and makes free calls, does it have ads or something? i cnt believe they doit for free, the ad looked abit too nice for sutin free

Barrel

/

i dnt get this, why do they make it if its free and makes free calls, does it have ads or something? i cnt believe they doit for free, the ad looked abit too nice for sutin free

introduce it for free..... get the user numbers up, then put a price on it.... simple really

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

Barrel

/

introduce it for free..... get the user numbers up, then put a price on it.... simple really

ahh

The company, which was founded by the people behind the successful p2p file sharing service iMesh, says it has dozens of servers deployed all across the globe to handle the load.

Good news for Android users: the company is hard at work at a similar app for Android handsets, and aims to release it in the first quarter of next year. Also on the roadmap: free text messaging between Viber users (something Skype and a slew of other apps are capable of today) and possibly a BlackBerry app down the line.

So how does the company intend to make money, considering that its apps will be completely free? Value-added services, Marco tells me, although it seems that they haven’t quite figured out which ones those will be yet.

Hopefully they’ll come up with a solid revenue model soon, because they’ve done some truly amazing work on this one.

so youll prob have to pay for the future sms services, maybe video calls ect