Just got this sent @ work

Mr. Gayle

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest with you, things like this show all of us how ridiculous it is to worship skin colour.The picture of Obama on the note is a picture of a BLACK man. That is the colour black and the same colour that black people refer themselves as.
You're missing the social aspect of it. His co-workers knew that there was a high chance of it offending him when they sent it. SURE, the picture might not be offensive at all. It may be highly hilarious. But the fact that his co-workers KNEW it could be offensive to him and still sent it is the part he should be offended about.
Maybe you are missing the 'read the whole post' aspect of it all because if you had read e entire post you would have seen that I said this after "I understand that the reasoning behind this image may not even represent the view that I have just put forward but I do think that nothing has 'Changed'."

To be honest with you, things like this show all of us how ridiculous it is to worship skin colour.The picture of Obama on the note is a picture of a BLACK man. That is the colour black and the same colour that black people refer themselves as.Just like a picture of me being white like Casper, when I am not even white at all.I understand that the reasoning behind this image may not even represent the view that I have just put forward but I do think that nothing has 'Changed'.40-50 years ago, black people were fighting for equal rights because there seemed to be this big fascination about the president remaining as a white man and people celebrated that. Nothing has changed because people are now praising that the president of the united states is black. To me that's not change, that's just the same sh*t as if it were tit for tat.If it is true that we are supposed to hire the best man for the job regardless of race, sex, background etc. then why is it that we still seem to make race an important issue? just like the race of Obama was imperative to many black people during these elections.Then there was Dianne Abbott MP saying how 'it's great! we could see a black prime minister within the next 50 years". But why does it matter what colour the prime minister is? surely it doesn’t matter if the prime minister is black, white, pink, yellow or green, the better man for the job should get the job and race should really not be an issue at all! I can see why racism is still alive when I see things like this, it is positive discrimination and it does inconsiderately affect a whole lot of people.It just feels like we are moving in circles to me and not forward at all.
True talk still. Only problem I see with your post is you are talking like it's solely black people that hold race up as something to be proud of and defend. Every race/colour does. +End of the day, youre white. White people understand race issues like men understand sexism, and rich understand the poor
= contradiction.It is contradiction because on one hand you are saying that all races do the same thing etc and then when you finished your post you made an ignorant comment basically saying that white people don't understand racism. I get called racist names all the time and black people think it is jokes to do so but inside I am hurting still. I don't know, do you think that I am made differently or something and that I wont feel the pain the same way?Racism can happen on ALL sides of the table and black people need to realise this still instead of always thinking it only effects them.