Arsenal v Wigan, Tuesday 11th November, KO 7:45pm, Live on Sky Sports

TF S4DK

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a f*ck*ng performance for the boys.The defence was on point with everything wigan threw at them. Djourou needs to be starting for us some time soon. That Fabianski save just intensified my hate for Almunia.Gibbs conversion to left back has suprised me.Vela is f*ck*ng sick and shoud be starting soon enough either on the left or 3rd choice. Had he been on against Man u at the end of that game he would've bagged all of what Bendtner squandered.Hope we get Tottenham the f*ck*ng cunts.

Fukin brilliant.. didnt realise Vela had such explosive pace, Simpson took his goals well the wilshere assist was outrageous.. on a negative note Randall's pants constantly trying to do the spectacular because he's surrounded by so much natural talent in midfield i think we can safely say he wont make the grade i aint just judging that on tonights performance either. Dissapointed that Coquelin didnt get a run out.

fabianski>>>>>almuniavela played well wilshere OMG kid has the ball glued to his feet whenever he touches it ramsey is f*ck*ng solid his strength is alot stillsimpson is a decent scorer hes knows watch an authentic strikers job is and how to place himself wicked in my eyesgibbs was decent at left back but he is a winger hes ill when he gets forward though gavin hoyte done his job well hopefully they can keep it up dont see why they should not

best games of the seasonour youth/reserves are miles ahead of anyone elses in this countrywilshire will be a world class legendvela dunno how he aint in first teamfabianski sickest save ive ever seen livejay simpson good player doubt hell make it her tho

Right let me do the run down.Fabianski is better than Almunia ability wise, altho that isnt hard I think I might be better than that c*nt, anyway I think Wenger knows this, but Fabianski isn't 100% ready yet to play week in, week out, he is close tho, he is decisive but Stevie Wonder could do a better job of meeting crosses than him.Gibbs is such a Wenger full back... Has to work on his defending, shame that c*nt Cashley aint there to help him. I think he should go out on loan in the Prem next season, no infact the Chmapionship again but as a full-back from late February '09 onwards.Hoyte played well. Was a little shocked to be honest. still think he gonna be no better than his brother tho. Djourou, swear he must f*ck about in training or something cos Wenger doesnt really trust him, but come match time I wonder why?Dunno abut Randall, gives the ball away cheaply too much, still dont see him as a central player but as he doesnt have pace, tbh under Wenger thats where he'd have to play. Merida is no Cesc thats for sure, dont see him as a wide player at all.Wilshere & Ramsey on their days are first team ready but not regularly yet. Simpson took his goals wel, weird thing is in the reserves he doesnt play like that.I told you about Vela already from last season. Only thing is I think unlike walcott, he has more impact starting then off the bench. Off the bench he seems like he has trouble getting up to speed with the game.

A decade ago Jay Simpson was a star-struck kid who lost his tongue when he met Ian Wright in the tunnel at Highbury. Last night the bustling striker did a passable impression of his all-time Arsenal hero.Simpson produced two crisp finishes to catapult Arsène Wenger's youngsters into the last eight of the Carling Cup for the fourth successive season. It was the perfect way to mark his first start for the Club and took Simpson's tally at Emirates Stadium to five goals in 188 minutes when you take into account his hat-trick against Cardiff in the Youth Cup last year.That works out at a goal every 37 minutes - a rate even Wright could not match. How Simpson would love to emulate the man who turned him onto the Club he now plays for."When I was growing up I used to watch Ian Wright and that's what made me an Arsenal fan," revealed Simpson. "I had posters of him on my wall."I met Wright once, it was quite a while ago at my first Arsenal match at Highbury. I met him in the tunnel and I was starstruck, I didn't know what to say to him! He shook my hand and I didn't know what to do! I was nine at the time. He's still an Arsenal fan and he would have been happy to see the English players out there tonight."Simpson impressed with his intelligent running and cool finishing on Tuesday night, converting Jack Wilshere's through-ball four minutes before half time and slotting home Carlos Vela's cut-back after 68 minutes. Afterwards the 19-year-old explained how last year's loan spell at Millwall - and a pre-match chat with an Arsenal star - helped him against Wigan."I played on the wing for Millwall so my runs from wide positions have improved a lot," said Simpson."It was a whole new position to adapt to, especially with how Millwall play because it wasn't about getting the ball down and playing a passing game. It was about making runs in behind. If I got it to feet you would go down the line and cross it whereas at Arsenal you would normally pass it, so it's a lot different."Also I went up and spoke to Emmanuel Adebayor before the game and he gave me a bit of advice which paid off on the pitch. He told me that when I am shooting, just make sure I hit the target, don't concentrate too much on power."I scored a hat-trick in the Youth Cup at Emirates Stadium but this is a lot more special, especially because I am an Arsenal fan. I would have been happy with one so to get two is great."Now all of us want a big side, we want to test ourselves. That's what it's all about, playing against the big teams, the big-name players and seeing what you can do against them. If we get Manchester United or Liverpool, we'd want them to put out their first team because it would show they've got respect for us. I'd be delighted if we got them in the next round."