MMA Megathread - UFC / Strikeforce / Bellator

Tyler Durden

There's a lot of up and comers on the card due to the brazillian Ultomate fighter, so who knows with them,

Werdum vs Rusow is an interesting one for me,

Anybody Werdum's size that can use BJJ to that ability makes for a interesting match and Rusow has one punch KO Power,

In the main event, Wanderlei will bring it, he always does, Franklin has the ability to catch him on the counter if it gets on top, or he could make it technical,

Prediction, it's a decent card potential wise, nothing stands out as being amazing, but you never know tbh.

not sure you know, Werdum is on a serious curve of improvement and has got crazy momentum, but one punch can end all that and Mir's boxing is improving all the time too.

apparently the conference call with Silva and Sonnen went off big style earlier on as well, haven't heard it myself yet, but its meant to be somewhere on mma weekly, Silva apparently completely lost it,

wouldn't be surprised if Dana encouraged a bit of aggression in the conference call after what i'd call a dissapointing weekend of action.

Rich is a class act,

but as long as Vitor and Anderson are in that same divison, he doesn't stand a chance of doing anything there, i'd like to see him up against a Munoz to see how that goes, i think Rich beats Bisping though, Just, some interesting fights for him at MW without there being any expected fireworks

“Well first of all, Chael is a criminal, he’s been convicted of crimes, he doesn’t deserve to be in the Octagon and when the time comes and the time is right, I’m going to break his face, and break every one of his teeth in his mouth,”

Wow

Seems to be an effort to run up the PPV numbers. I wouldnt look so deeply into it.

Undefeated light-heavyweight prospect Jimi Manuwa (11-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC.

UFC officials and Manuwa today announced the signing, though exact terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The Nigerian-English fighter is expected to make his promotional debut at UFC on FUEL TV 5, which takes place in England in September.

UFC on FUEL TV 5 is set for Sept. 29 at Capital FM Arena in Nottingham, England. The main card airs live on FUEL TV (Saturday afternoon in the U.S.) following prelims on Facebook. It's not clear where Manuwa, who awaits an opponent, will end up on the lineup.

Manuwa launched his pro career in 2008 with just three weeks of training. However, he's breezed through competition with 11 stoppages victories (nine in the first round) in 11 career fights. All of the wins but one have come via knockout/TKO.

Manuwa, the reigning UCMMA 205-pound champ, most recently scored a TKO victory over Anthony Rea at BAMMA 8 in December.

This past year, Manuwa told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com) he turned down a previous UFC contract offer due to a lack of experience and an assortment of injuries.

The latest UFC on FUEL TV 5 card now includes:

• Stipe Miocic vs. Stefan Struve

• Yves Jabouin vs. Brad Pickett

• Dan Hardy vs. Amir Sadollah

• Duane "Bang" Ludwig vs. Che Mills

• John Hathaway vs. John Maguire

• Brad Tavares vs. Tom Watson

• Akira Corassani vs. Andy Ogle

• Paul Sass vs. Matt Wiman

• Jorgen Kruth vs. Fabio Maldonado

• Robert Peralta vs. Jason Young

• Jimi Manuwa vs. TBA For the latest on UFC on FUEL TV 5, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

[media=]

[/media]

MMA H.E.A.T. brings you UFC Middleweight Champ Anderson Silva's complete UFC 148 open workout. In this clip the champ trains in a gi, boxes with members of his team as well as Brazilian soccer legend Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima. In addition, action star and Team Silva friend/coach Steven Seagal gets on the mats to mix it up with former Strikeforce champ Rafael Feijao.