MMA Megathread - UFC / Strikeforce / Bellator

Tyler Durden

He did,

Accorfing to Dana, after the fight Chael was full of admiration, saying that he felt Anderson's will break in that first round and he respects anyone who cam come back strongly from that.

Anderson is capable of taking a he'll of a beating, he's proved it in both matches. True champion.

Hope he retires in a couple fights so he can go out on top, he deserves to.

Don't wanna see him losing to inferior fighters who just happened to be younger in a few years time.

This Steven Segal stuff has me baffed as well, I go from believing the hype to thinking it's all a practical joke everytime I hear of it.

Munoz vs Wiedman tonight.

A win for Munoz = tittle shot?

Match B: Lombard vs Boetsch coming up,

Vitor vs ? Depending on when he's fit again, throw him in against the winner of match B or Bisping, (terrible match for Bisping) Stann still lingering about as well

Alternatively Bisping could face Rich Franklin.

A lot to be sorted tbh. Good 6 months to come imo

any ufc on 2nite?

Theres a Strikeforce event I believe, Rockhold vs Tim Kennedy. There's a couple other recognisable fights on the card also; Marquardt vs Woodley, Masvidal, Jordan Mein on the undercard.

UFC 149 is next week, Renan Barao vs Faber.

This monopoly situation is good for the fans as generally all the top fighters are in one place,

But I feel for the fighters who aren't in the UFC. or the ones who Dana doesn't like, as theres not a lot if money available to them.

Strikeforces gradual decline has been sad.

Is he or isn’t he?

He isn’t.

Despite earlier reports, including one from us at MMAWeekly.com, former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia is not going to be facing Daniel Cormier under the Strikeforce banner on Sept. 29 in Sacramento, Calif.

UFC president Dana White on Thursday said that Sylvia was not headed to Strikeforce, but an initial Friday report by MMAJunkie.com, which our sources backed, indicated that Sylvia was indeed headed into a fight with Cormier.

Late Friday evening, however, White talked to MMA.tv, who reported that “White said the signing was never announced, and that ‘long story, but yes, Tim is not with Zuffa.’”White commented on Twitter, shooting down the Tim Sylvia signing.

There were apparently negotiations going on, at least according to our sources, but regardless of the details, the fact remains that White is sticking by his original statement that Sylvia is not going to be fighting under the Zuffa umbrella at either the UFC or Strikeforce.