car heads......

Kim

say u start up the car and it makes a funny noise like its gonna die but its screeching for like 3 seconds....( best way to discribe it)whats this mean?do i need a new starter motor......
This sounds a bit like what happened to me a while back, i being someone who knows sodd all about the mechanical side of cars called the RAC out, apparently the battery had just died.

depends on what car. on my golf i got the cambelt and water pump labour charge 250 quid. excluding parts.if u havent already or if ur car is gettin on a bit get then cambelt done as well.
I don't need a cambelt change, engine only done 27000 miles.The waterpump making bare noise.Cambelts are usually £150ish

well are you losing water? and you'll know if your water pump fails cuz your car will be flooded underneath and you'll lose power.Street Dreamz if you search around it shouldnt cost you more than 30 quid labour for the starter motor. its a easy job. but first CLEAN ur starter motor out it could be a build up of dust thats making the noise.