UK >>> US takes another twist: Jay-Z "signs" another big UK act

Numero001

They will blow up in the US if the following happen;1) Jigga Features on the Album2)Kanye West, Swiss Beats & Ryan Leslie puts an huge input towards their album production wise.3)They don't f*ck up on their hot 97 interview4) Also a single with a def jam rapper will get them some US credIf they do any of these they will be blessed in the US.....

The way this topic was made, like to say they have been completely signed to the roc, which is a sub label to what they are already on.Lots of labels do this when going to promote in other countries.The roc is playing into their urbanish/unorphadox image.

The way this topic was made, like to say they have been completely signed to the roc, which is a sub label to what they are already on.Lots of labels do this when going to promote in other countries.The roc is playing into their urbanish/unorphadox image.
Does it really matter?If you want to be technical Island Records is part of The Island Def Jam Music Group Network, so i don't really know where your going with this. The only thing I'd agree with you is that the whole Jay-Z is taking them under his wing so they can get more of an urban exposure in America. But who cares, they're British and one of the biggest names in the music business wants to make them a success in America.

unorPHadox yeah?It was just a title to get in the punters.

swear island is def jam
Yes, they were merged together after universal took over Polygram who owned Def Jam sometime in the late 90's if I remember correctly.Anyway, call them whatever you like in whatever order The Island Def Jam Music Group, Def Jam, Island Records, Island Music Group or even Universal. It's all one company owned by Universal Music Group. It's just the names that differ around the world.

Does it really matter?If you want to be technical Island Records is part of The Island Def Jam Music Group Network, so i don't really know where your going with this. The only thing I'd agree with you is that the whole Jay-Z is taking them under his wing so they can get more of an urban exposure in America. But who cares, they're British and one of the biggest names in the music business wants to make them a success in America.
That is what I meant, but everyone is crying.