paulo maldini appreciation thread

The Somalian

Legend.I predict that one day he will lift the CL trophy as manager of AC Milan with his son in the team wearing the captain's armband.
won't happen his kid will do a Jordi Cruyff and collapse under the weight of the pressure
total legend, one of the greats.
hahahahaha @ his kid, going in fully ard on seedorf

Shame some AC fans didnt feel the same....I think its because he didnt retire earlier and isnt a working class lad like Baresi was. They are idiots.http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may24u.htmlMaldini slams Milan boo boys Paolo Maldini’s final San Siro match was marred by a protest from the fans. “I’m proud not to be one of them.”The captain was making his last appearance in the stadium, his 901st in official competition for Milan, as he will hang up his boots at the end of the season.The game with Roma began with the entire stadium holding up banners hailing the symbol of the Rossoneri for the past 24 years.However, as he went to perform a lap of honour after the final whistle, a small group in the Curva Sud staged a protest.They held up banners and chanted the name of Franco Baresi, who wore the armband before Maldini took over in 1997.“There is only one captain,” said these supporters. The reaction clearly irritated Maldini, who left the field without giving interviews.As he left the arena he only made one comment to the media referring to these protestors.“I am proud not to be one of them.”There was tension at San Siro as President Silvio Berlusconi was in the stands to watch a 3-2 defeat to Roma, which leaves automatic Champions League qualification in the balance.Many more protests and banners were aimed at the patron, who is accused of not spending wisely on the transfer market.

f*ck that grey eyed italian demonAny Bramble with composure
Baitly not a football fan.
tbh as much of a legend as he is, his defensive prowess is overstated when compared to the italian greatsesp amongst the less knowledgeable fans

tbh as much of a legend as he is, his defensive prowess is overstated when compared to the italian greatsesp amongst the less knowledgeable fans
In our lifetime, he has been one of the greats in my honest opinion. His honours speak for themselves and to play for a club like AC Milan for so long says it all for me.The italian greats you spoke of are the guys my father told me about but I never saw them live, only videos etc.The honours list Maldini has achieved is awesome. Yes in his later years the pace has gone and hes suffered injuries but its a testament to the class act he is that he has lasted so long.Maldini in his prime >>> ______

Legend.I predict that one day he will lift the CL trophy as manager of AC Milan with his son in the team wearing the captain's armband.
won't happen his kid will do a Jordi Cruyff and collapse under the weight of the pressure
total legend, one of the greats.
hahahahaha @ his kid, going in fully ard on seedorf
LOL JEEEZtackle was f*ck*ng clean.but yeah maldini.. badman

Legend.Certifed as 3rd best italian defender of all time.1)Scirea2)Baresi3)Maldini
i would even say Claudio Gentile >>> maldini
Dude was overly dirty though. They say maradona shrunk to "4'6" after Gentile had finished with him.Still i like clever defenders like Maldini then thugs who kick you and the ball.Quoting Alex Ferguson after Milan game, "Maldini didnt put a tackle in all night, since his positioning was spot on".

what greats are u talking about