MMA

t-dan

Used to box wen i was 16 was trained by an ex cruiserweight champ.. Dont think im looking to take it to a serious level just stick to mainly inhouse sparring, if i pick it up well and my coach/trainer says im good enough to compete then we'll see what happens in the future

I started up a few months ago, already competed in my first amateur event. I love the sport at the minute, I love the training, fighting, competitiveness and the the social aspect as well. The only thing that's annoying me is that I could be getting better BJJ training in Birminghams UTC but an hours drive is too much when there's a gym 5 minutes away from me.Also if your really interested in competing, I recommend investing in some kettlebells for training. They really help with hip and joint movements which are difficult to isolate with other exercises. Most of all good luck and if you enjoy it everything else will fall into place.

Forgot to mention I'm going Thailand in the dry season (August-April) to train and really improve my Muay Thai. They have a purple belt BJJ guy over there as well so your MMA won't slack and for the price your paying for everything the facilities are top notch. I've spoke to them about setting up a couple of Muay Thai fights for me but I'm not just going for the training, there is so much to do in Thailand I don't think 3 months will be enough.http://www.tigermuaythai.com/

Forgot to mention I'm going Thailand in the dry season (August-April) to train and really improve my Muay Thai. They have a purple belt BJJ guy over there as well so your MMA won't slack and for the price your paying for everything the facilities are top notch. I've spoke to them about setting up a couple of Muay Thai fights for me but I'm not just going for the training, there is so much to do in Thailand I don't think 3 months will be enough.http://www.tigermuaythai.com/
a friend went on this (i dont know if its the exact same one) he went for 3 months, said it was an amazing experience

a friend went on this (i dont know if its the exact same one) he went for 3 months, said it was an amazing experience
I've heard really good things about it for all experience levels. Your obviously gonna have to work really hard but towards the end when it all pays off and you've enjoyed yourself throughout it's gonna be worth it.

I've heard really good things about it for all experience levels. Your obviously gonna have to work really hard but towards the end when it all pays off and you've enjoyed yourself throughout it's gonna be worth it.
he broke a rib there but stayed on and trained said it was that good

• 14 years later...