VENOM

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF, since when was Elvis nigger music?ps havent read the topic
So he wasnt making black music then?Rahh all these years man thought people called Eminem the modern day Elvis cos he made black music. So what music was he making then?

So he wasnt making black music then?Rahh all these years man thought people called Eminem the modern day Elvis cos he made black music. So what music was he making then?
Not too sure on the difference between white music and black music?Just thought Elvis was making music, would guess it's white music though, idk.Also, I bet more white people listen to him than black..I just dunno where the idea came that he made 'nigger music'

Not too sure on the difference between white music and black music?Just thought Elvis was making music, would guess it's white music though, idk.Also, I bet more white people listen to him than black..I just dunno where the idea came that he made 'nigger music'
Youre sh*t at that playing hippy/we are the world stance. Give up, learn to pick your battles or researchElvis sung a few songs, including some of his big hits, which were originally recorded by black people who couldnt get anywhere with their music cos it was nigger/colored music to the industryWhats the colour of the people who listen to him got to do with anything?Black music is music originally and predominantly made by black people, same for white people

Youre sh*t at that playing hippy/we are the world stance. Give up, learn to pick your battles or researchElvis sung a few songs, including some of his big hits, which were originally recorded by black people who couldnt get anywhere with their music cos it was nigger/colored music to the industryWhats the colour of the people who listen to him got to do with anything?Black music is music originally and predominantly made by black people, same for white people
Chill you d*ckhead, it was simple question, allow going off on one.

Chill you d*ckhead, it was simple stupid question, allow going off on one.
Thats alright

Beg a Mod with sense lock this Topic too many ignorant cunts in here. All this talk about him being racist passed on as rumour from many black generations. All these idiots who choose to believe rumour over the many Black artists whom knew Elvis personally and came out and ridiculed any thought of him being that kinda guy. No he didn't steel "Black" music, he was Influenced by Black music because he grew up around black people and listended to it. People who wanna moan about that sh*t may aswell say f*ck Eminem for being a Rapper and whilst your at it say f*ck Michael Jackson for singing Pop if that's your case. Elvis opened up doors for Black entertainers by taking their style of music to White America, give the man props or go stick your head back under a rock.

Beg a Mod with sense lock this Topic too many ignorant cunts in here. All this talk about him being racist passed on as rumour from many black generations. All these idiots who choose to believe rumour over the many Black artists whom knew Elvis personally and came out and ridiculed any thought of him being that kinda guy. No he didn't steel "Black" music, he was Influenced by Black music because he grew up around black people and listended to it. People who wanna moan about that sh*t may aswell say f*ck Eminem for being a Rapper and whilst your at it say f*ck Michael Jackson for singing Pop if that's your case. Elvis opened up doors for Black entertainers by taking their style of music to White America, give the man props or go stick your head back under a rock.
If any bit of this is aimed at me (mod with sense?) I never said he was racist nor did I say he stole it. They made the distinction from back then so I thought it was appropriate to use it now. I never heard he was supposedly racist til ViP2 if I'm honest. Never heard it outsideAnd Yoshie, I really thought you were playing the we are the world card. Didnt think people in 09 never knew that Elvis sung and was influenced by black music back then. My bad. Funniest thing is I'm not even tryna go on like I know more, I'm stating basics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley
When "That's All Right" was played, many listeners were sure Presley must be black, prompting white disc-jockeys to ignore his Sun singles. However, black disc-jockeys did not want anything to do with any record they knew was made by a white man.[102] To many black adults, Presley had undoubtedly "stolen" or at least "derived his style from the Negro rhythm-and-blues performers of the late 1940s",[103] though such criticism ignored Presley's use of "white" musical styles. Some black entertainers, notably Jackie Wilson, argued: "A lot of people have accused Elvis of stealing the black man’s music, when in fact, almost every black solo entertainer copied his stage mannerisms from Elvis."[104]cBy the spring of 1956, Presley was becoming popular nationwide and teenagers flocked to his concerts. Scotty Moore recalled: "He’d start out, 'You ain’t nothin’ but a Hound Dog,' and they’d just go to pieces. They’d always react the same way. There’d be a riot every time."[105] Bob Neal wrote: "It was almost frightening, the reaction... from [white] teenage boys. So many of them, through some sort of jealousy, would practically hate him." In Lubbock, Texas, a teenage gang fire-bombed Presley's car.[106] Some performers became resentful (or resigned to the fact) that Presley's unmatched hustle onstage before them would "kill" their own act; he thus rose quickly to top billing.[106] At the two concerts he performed at the 1956 Mississippi-Alabama Fair and Dairy Show, fifty National Guardsmen were added to the police security to prevent crowd trouble.[107]To many white adults, the singer was "the first rock symbol of teenage rebellion. ... they did not like him, and condemned him as depraved. Anti-Negro prejudice doubtless figured in adult antagonism. Regardless of whether parents were aware of the Negro sexual origins of the phrase 'rock 'n' roll', Presley impressed them as the visual and aural embodiment of sex."[108] In 1956, a critic for the New York Daily News wrote that popular music "has reached its lowest depths in the 'grunt and groin' antics of one Elvis Presley" and the Jesuits denounced him in their weekly magazine, America.[109] Even Frank Sinatra opined: "His kind of music is deplorable, a rancid smelling aphrodisiac. It fosters almost totally negative and destructive reactions in young people."[110] Presley responded to this (and other derogatory comments Sinatra made) by saying: "I admire the man. He has a right to say what he wants to say. He is a great success and a fine actor, but I think he shouldn't have said it... This ... [rock and roll] ... is a trend, just the same as he faced when he started years ago."[111]According to the FBI files on the singer, Presley was even seen as a "definite danger to the security of the United States." His actions and motions were called "a strip-tease with clothes on" or "sexual self-gratification on stage." They were compared with "masturbation or riding a microphone." Some saw the singer as a sexual pervert, and psychologists feared that teenaged girls and boys could easily be "aroused to sexual indulgence and perversion by certain types of motions and hysteria—the type that was exhibited at the Presley show."[112] Presley would insist, however, that there was nothing vulgar about his stage act, saying: "Some people tap their feet, some people snap their fingers, and some people sway back and forth. I just sorta do ‘em all together, I guess."[113] In August 1956, a Florida judge called Presley a "savage" and threatened to arrest him if he shook his body while performing in Jacksonville. The judge declared that Presley's music was undermining the youth of America. Throughout the performance (which was filmed by police), he kept still as ordered, except for wiggling a finger in mockery at the ruling.[114] (Presley recalls this incident during the '68 Comeback Special.)In 1957, despite Presley's demonstrable respect for "black" music and performers,[115] he faced accusations of racism. He was alleged to have said in an interview: "The only thing Negro people can do for me is to buy my records and shine my shoes." An African American journalist at Jet magazine subsequently pursued the story. On the set of Jailhouse Rock, Presley denied saying, or ever wanting to make, such a racist remark. The Jet journalist found no evidence that the remark had ever been made, but did find testimony from many individuals indicating that Presley was anything but racist.[116] Despite the remark being wholly discredited at the time, it was still being used against Presley decades later.[117]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley
In 1957, despite Presley's demonstrable respect for "black" music and performers,[115] he faced accusations of racism. He was alleged to have said in an interview: "The only thing Negro people can do for me is to buy my records and shine my shoes." An African American journalist at Jet magazine subsequently pursued the story. On the set of Jailhouse Rock, Presley denied saying, or ever wanting to make, such a racist remark. The Jet journalist found no evidence that the remark had ever been made, but did find testimony from many individuals indicating that Presley was anything but racist.[116] Despite the remark being wholly discredited at the time, it was still being used against Presley decades later by braindead VIP2 members.[117]