Wenger "Arsenal Are Strong Enough"

mixer152

Guest Tulse Hill
Can't be bothered to type essays at the minute. If I could I would tho.
Mate I know you are tieng up some deals for us at the moment, I'll look forward to who you bring the fanssecretly I hope you bring us Hangeland

If u had seen the interview where these quotes were selected from you would see he has admitted the money is there to spend, we don't sell to put the money in the bank and we are looking for players, but at the same time he has faith in the current squad.Not sure what else he could realistically say!?Could declare interest in a player, get knocked back by player, look like a prick and displease fans and the current squad by not gettin his targets. He doesn't though, keeps it all quiet, tries to build confidence in the current squad and does the transfers behind closed doors. It's frustrating for fans but he is hardly gassing.
I dont think you got it. Every year for the past 3/4 when the season is coming to a close and yet again we are coming up short, Wenger will say he is going to add either world class players or experienced players than when the negotiation period is coming to a close we have yet again lost experience and gained a player or two that are not even tested at the top level.Joke really.
To the mandem whinging about WengerWHO would you bring in and for what Price?
Its not just a case of who would you bring in with Wenger now, he's f*cked up over the years and as well as highlighting the fact we cant compete financially, Arsenal are becoming a less attractive club. For the majority of Wenger's Arsenal career he has been a success and was the one that made us that club in the first place. His youth policy and good business in the transfer market gave us trophies and recognition I have not doubted that but there comes a time when change is for the better. His policy doesnt work anymore, teams that are a success now mix youth with experience, unlike Wenger.One f*ck up that springs to mind is the handling of the Flamini/Diarra situation. We had 2 quality DM's why didnt Wenger make sure Flamini signed before letting Diarra go. If that was handled well we might still be competing on all fronts but with them both gone in the space of 6 months, Wenger's constant backing of Denilson/Song/Diaby and the transfer market now getting inflated therefore making it harder for us to solve the problem Wenger has put himself in this position.

If u had seen the interview where these quotes were selected from you would see he has admitted the money is there to spend, we don't sell to put the money in the bank and we are looking for players, but at the same time he has faith in the current squad.Not sure what else he could realistically say!?Could declare interest in a player, get knocked back by player, look like a prick and displease fans and the current squad by not gettin his targets. He doesn't though, keeps it all quiet, tries to build confidence in the current squad and does the transfers behind closed doors. It's frustrating for fans but he is hardly gassing.
I dont think you got it. Every year for the past 3/4 when the season is coming to a close and yet again we are coming up short, Wenger will say he is going to add either world class players or experienced players than when the negotiation period is coming to a close we have yet again lost experience and gained a player or two that are not even tested at the top level.Joke really.
Its not just a case of who would you bring in with Wenger now, he's f*cked up over the years and as well as highlighting the fact we cant compete financially, Arsenal are becoming a less attractive club. For the majority of Wenger's Arsenal career he has been a success and was the one that made us that club in the first place. His youth policy and good business in the transfer market gave us trophies and recognition I have not doubted that but there comes a time when change is for the better. His policy doesnt work anymore, teams that are a success now mix youth with experience, unlike Wenger.One f*ck up that springs to mind is the handling of the Flamini/Diarra situation. We had 2 quality DM's why didnt Wenger make sure Flamini signed before letting Diarra go. If that was handled well we might still be competing on all fronts but with them both gone in the space of 6 months, Wenger's constant backing of Denilson/Song/Diaby and the transfer market now getting inflated therefore making it harder for us to solve the problem Wenger has put himself in this position.
While I agree with you on the first para. I find it hard to believe someone who has watched Wenger's comments that much believes what you wrote in the second.

Not his fault, twas the board.Hence at the time we were all talking about if Dein was still vice...

Wenger isn't dumb.Sometimes I think people under estimate what he says or who he is addressing at times. You have to read between the lines. All I'll say is Wenger's constant contradictions from previous season ends, to new season starts, intentionally highlight some of the misgivings of those above him, not him directly as his hands are tied."I want to add 2-3 (experienced or World class) players to the squad""My priority is to keep this squad intact"The fact that neither happen, season after season, should really tell you a lot about Arsenal FC, more than Arsene Wenger... Like I said to my boy, Arsenal are fully in a catch 22. Most things in football happened for reasons and private discussions, Arsenal have no p (when I say that I dont mean no p in a sense of going bankrupt far from it) but just know whenever Usmanov rears his head, he's was given the green light from Dein, who in turn was given it from Wenger... Our failure to sign Melo told its own story, While Adebayor is clearly deluded at times, don't let that make you disregard there being an element of truth in the fact that we needed the p. Look at the comments in the aftermath of selling Adebayor from Wenger, he didnt sound like someone about to spend infact he compared us to Milan - “Big clubs have lost big players before. For example Milan has lost Kaka [this summer] and yet Milan will go on. Arsenal have lost big players in the past and still continued at the top level."Milan's plight was summed up to me by Fabiano "Milan did good things when they had to talk, then when it came to the discussions about money, they disappeared. I'm sorry it's like this." I dare say the same could be said about Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger has always been a believer in footballers who emerged out of Africa. With Emmanuel Eboué widely expected to follow Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Touré out of the Emirates this summer, there appears to be more to Arsenal's sales than a welcome windfall, not to mention the obvious convenience of knowing his squad will not be overly disrupted by the African Cup of Nations.Wenger is an expert at selling players he wants to offload at a time that suits him, even if the players feel like they are the ones getting what they want. There is something ruthlessly strategic about his willingness to do business on Adebayor, Touré, and in all probability Eboué, who capered through a half of Arsenal's 2-1 win over Atletico Madrid. In one fell swoop, it diffuses the three major areas of conflict within the camp.The tension between Adebayor and Nicklas Bendtner has never been particularly helpful. Then there is the mutual appreciation society involving Touré and William Gallas, which manifested itself in a winter crisis that saw the Frenchman stripped of the captaincy and the Ivorian slapping in a transfer request. Eboué's discord is rather more general, considering he managed to alienate the club's fans, who turned on him last term.Adebayor, Touré and Eboué led a clique inside the dressing room, with Alexandre Song the junior partner. It is natural that men from a similar cultural background should connect and spend time in each other's company, but at times the group seemed a little too exclusive for comfort.Song, easily the most improved performer at the club last season, is not seen as expendable by Wenger, but he is likely to be the only survivor.Dealing with the situation so firmly is not ideal for a man who has always been a big supporter of African football, and has had a number of outstanding professionals from the continent under his wing – from George Weah, the striker he helped to become the World Player of the Year, to the three members of 2004 unbeaten champions – Patrick Vieira, Lauren and Touré, who was a dependable servant of Arsenal until he contracted malaria and visibly lost some of his usual sharpness.Wenger is being predictably coy about what the funds he has generated will be used on, although he is pretty firm that it would not go on any attackers. There is no doubt that the squad is top heavy, with more quality and quantity in offensive than defensive positions. The most punchy of them all here was Andrey Arshavin, who seized upon two late chances with impudence to win the game, and demonstrated why class is worth every penny. "He has what you can't give to a player, he understands when there is danger," said Wenger.So, too, did the youngest player on the pitch, Jack Wilshere, whose every touch was greeted with unabashed excitement from the Emirates crowd. Having seen Wilshere beef up over the summer, Wenger confirmed the boy is ready to start some games this term. "He is 17 years old, but has matured enough to compete already," assessed Wenger. "He has more power to take people on."On the subject of more experienced heads, Wenger insisted that what signings he does make will happen sooner rather than later, which is saying something for the master of the deadline-day deal. Unless there are any "accidents" he intends to have his squad completed, and tuned, for the first game of the season.The importance of a strong start is not lost on anyone. "We have Man United, Everton and Man City away in the first four games," Wenger smiled. "The team is conscious of a difficult start, but very determined to do well."With that in mind, the question of whether a man of Vieira's stature would be present is moot. One thing is certain. The two men know each other so well that all it takes is a phone call to establish two essential home truths: Wenger needs to be sure that Vieira's knee can withstand enough Premier League football to make it worthwhile.And Vieira needs to be sure he will see enough action to go to the World Cup as France's captain.But the "psychological impact", as Wenger described it, of such a signing is a win-win. He cannot always rely on the impudence of Arshavin.http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/au...d-arsene-wenger

Sorry thought u were talking about his comments in the interview rather than his dealings in the transfer market. Says the same things every year and it is tiresome but ain't gonna change. Publicly he has to portray his confidence for the sake of the current squad, fans etc. Privately, i think he knows what is needed even if he fails to get them.And flamini/diarra situation should never have happened. Moment Flamini stalled over a new deal he should really have been dropped and priority given to Diarra we were doing so well at the time it would of been difficult. Sometimes wenger ain't ruthless enough with this young team.