Boxing thread

Guillermo Rigondeaux

This is probably a dumb question but i remember watching a David Haye interview quite a while back now and he said when prepping for a fight he doesn’t ejaculate for period of time.. anyone know why / what the benefits of doing this would be?

This is probably a dumb question but i remember watching a David Haye interview quite a while back now and he said when prepping for a fight he doesn’t ejaculate for period of time.. anyone know why / what the benefits of doing this would be?
i don't know if theres any scientific evidence to prove why but my trainer tells all his fighters not to have sex/wank 1 week prior to fight.

i think its based on like a primal hormonal thing, like ur body just clocks like 'wtf why is this adult male not mating, he must not be as competative as the other males' and then floods ur body with hormones that will put u in peak condition to be stronger and faster than ur competitors, because in the past only the strongest would get the opportunity to breed. thats how ive always heard it explained n e way, everyone ive talked to always says they can tell the difference and fight alot better when their roasting.

i think its based on like a primal hormonal thing, like ur body just clocks like 'wtf why is this adult male not mating, he must not be as competative as the other males' and then floods ur body with hormones that will put u in peak condition to be stronger and faster than ur competitors, because in the past only the strongest would get the opportunity to breed. thats how ive always heard it explained n e way, everyone ive talked to always says they can tell the difference and fight alot better when their roasting.
as far as i know all these 'scientific' explanations are bullshit no offenceregular ejaculation is proven to increase testerone levels in your bodyto my knowledge, the explanation is as simple as: if you don't release the tension for a while, you become tense and pent up, producing a more aggressive and concentrated performance

im really considering startingneed to start conditioning now for at least a yearfootball is my main passion but i like the discipline in boxing and the training.how do you man that box keep motivated because this is what i fall out of most time.
the motivation to train is the fact that if u dont work hard u will get punched in the mouthrepeatedlyu dont need to wait a year, start nowrun 3 miles a morning and join a boxing gym

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...