I Just Want To Do Something With My Life...

Mame Biram Diouf

Guest M12 Part 2

at my uni courses where the entry requirements when i started were CCC are now AAB.Its not even that the courses are getting harder its just more and more people want to do them. and the quickest way to sort people out is just by raising the grade boundaries. its getting a bit silly now. Uni has been too easily accessible for a while and now we are facing the backlash. a return to the days when only the best of the best will get into higher education.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1258530/University-Try-years-warns-Ucas-head-300-000-face-missing-out.html

everyone should have accessbut higher education is a place for academics naturally, its not for everyonewhen they had the grades lower, people were gettin on to courses that they actually couldnt handlewaste of time and moneywhat we need in this country is technical colleges, where you can get a degree through doin technical courses like in AmericaI'm really dissappointed in the university system over here

Guest M12 Part 2
everyone should have accessbut higher education is a place for academics naturally, its not for everyonewhen they had the grades lower, people were gettin on to courses that they actually couldnt handlewaste of time and moneywhat we need in this country is technical colleges, where you can get a degree through doin technical courses like in AmericaI'm really dissappointed in the university system over here
This is what i meant by too accessible. theres stupid situations at some unis where you can do for example a maths degree even though you havent done maths at A-Level or u failed it. You had no right being there in the 1st place but on the prospectus they will gas to you like they will bring your maths level up to standard during the 1st year. But in fact even the people who did well at Maths A-Level will still be improving and learning new things.Its an unfair playing field to start with and it only gets worse when people fall behind. Some people can handle it but tbh if you couldnt handle it at a-level in an environment where you were being forced to do work. You dont have much chance in uni where no-one even cares whether you turn up or not.

Guest Lens

no they setting themselves up to failman turnin up with £3000+ saying teach me something.... why arent they gonna take it? lol @ blaming an organization out to make money for making money

• Upvote 1

I wanna do Film/Television Studies?
do u know what u wanna do with this course? i studied it at uni (well i dropped all my television modules in the end and done straight film studies) with the intention of being a reviewer etc.. I'll tell you now it's a bit of a throwaway course its not easy you gotta do a lot of work and it is enjoyable but in terms of what you can do with it in the long run it's a bit washy. pm me if you have any questions anyhoo
  • Upvote 1

Guest Esquilax

From what I hear a lot of people wanna go to uni to party hard all night long, which they have a right to do, just not at anyone elses expenseIf you're not gonna utilize your degree you may as well just go straight to work

• Downvote 1

Jubez I remember u pm'd me 1 time on some hip-hop related mannerand I reckon u wud b good as a reviewerbut YOU shudnt really b doin film studies, as nola said it's a throwaway courseu wud b better off doin summin like English lit / Lang and then goin in2 the field of your choice, as the afore mentioned wud give you a much better grounding

Safe for the support fams.I've read enough English degree overviews to know it's not for me. Chaucer this and pre-gothic text that; I'm 100% sure that if I fail to enjoy, or at least, be engaged by the course then it'll end in tears. I dunno if I can do any A-Levels (this year was the last for 08-09 retakes) but I've come up with a pretty solid game plan, foundation degree in [insert subject] + ba in related subject.

Guest Triple XXX

certain times i regret dropping out of collegebt i wasnt in a state to learn at that timeand now i just cannot be bothered, i just lie in my CV n say i finished my A Levelsf*ck uni though thats deffo not for me