Flats/Houses in London

Guest M12

Guest M12 Part 2

ol streets is paved with gold ass northerner

can imagine u turnin up in your horse and cart and thinkin 'ayyy oooop im goin t'canary wharf on fred dibnah steam train.. its dead classsy'

:Y:

thats me bro! Im hoping i get put in Birms tbh so i cn live a life of luxury and still have savings

Guest Yilmaz

Basically, 650pcm won't get you a 1bed flat anywhere decent, unless you're lucky...plain and simple. That kinda price is studio pricing. I'm talking if 650 includes ur bills etc too.

Even then, you'll be lucky to find a flat that is 650pcm and doesn't have some underlying/hidden issue.

At that price range you'll be limited to areas within travel zones 3/4 and they may not have a tube line (but that's a minor, as most places have overground/bus links). You should be looking at places like Plaistow, Barking, Canning Town, Mitcham, Edmonton etc. Also, use Gumtree as your starting point. Sites like Rightmove contain more agent led listings and there'll often be more charges than you first thought.

Guest M12 Part 2

Lol at me paying £375 a month for a two bedroom house with a front and back garden, a private car park and a bus stop that's a stones throw away.

f*ck Londres.

This is what gets me pissed! in Manchester 650 i would be living in the city centre in a fully furnished flat decked out in leather with a bathroom that looks like something in a 5* hotel. Apparently i have to pay nearly 1k in London for that :blink: . I thought i was missing something when i was setting my max to 650 on websites and they were coming back at me with things that would struggle to get 350 in Manny,

How do people with normal jobs actually live? as in people who earn say 15k a year?

Guest Yilmaz

£650 is standard rent for a one bedroom.

It's how much mine is.

Studios are from £500-£550 if you take time and LOOK.

Whoever said gumtree must want to get MOVED TO via Western Union. :lol:

Council Tax is the thing that kills.

Lol, this is ignorance at its finest. I've used gumtree many times for many things.

Wages are higher down here but for those that earn under say, £20k, you're entitled to housing benefits, who will cover some. Send off wage slips and they calculate it.

For those that didn't know that, now you do. Don't really have to struggle, you'll find most people's disposable income is the same.

It's how much mine is.

Lol, this is ignorance at its finest. I've used gumtree many times for many things.

Far from.

My line of business deals with companies such as Western Unions. Please don't mistake me for an ignorant teen who watches fonejacker and wakes up at 3pm to watch Jeremy Kyle repeats on ITV2.

Regards.

• Downvote 2

Guest Yilmaz

Lol at me paying £375 a month for a two bedroom house with a front and back garden, a private car park and a bus stop that's a stones throw away.

f*ck Londres.

This is what gets me pissed! in Manchester 650 i would be living in the city centre in a fully furnished flat decked out in leather with a bathroom that looks like something in a 5* hotel. Apparently i have to pay nearly 1k in London for that :blink: . I thought i was missing something when i was setting my max to 650 on websites and they were coming back at me with things that would struggle to get 350 in Manny,

How do people with normal jobs actually live? as in people who earn say 15k a year?

Long to explain it all, I'm happy to use the PM system if you have any questions though.

It's just the thing about capital cities really. I know I could get much more for my money living in another city, but if you want certain careers and want to be around certain networks, nowhere compares to London in the UK.

Manchester/Edinburgh are probably the only other places I'd consider in the UK whilst living a career based life tbh. Having homes in other places is another issue altogether!

It's all about what your long term goals are really.

Wages are higher down here but for those that earn under say, £20k, you're entitled to housing benefits, who will cover some. Send off wage slips and they calculate it.

For those that didn't know that, now you do. Don't really have to struggle, you'll find most people's disposable income is the same.

:blink:

WTF, would've moved out time ago if I knew of this.

Point me in the right direction, I need to do some research.

Guest Yilmaz

It's how much mine is.

Far from.

My line of business deals with companies such as Western Unions. Please don't mistake me for an ignorant teen who watches fonejacker and wakes up at 3pm to watch Jeremy Kyle repeats on ITV2.

Regards.

Well, I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with Gumtree.

All I'm saying is casting it aside with one sweeping statement is idiocy/ignorance. I and many other thousands of people use it on a regular basis and have never had any issue...I'm particularly talking about where flats/studios/houses are the commodity.

Regards

• Upvote 1

:blink:

WTF, would've moved out time ago if I knew of this.

Point me in the right direction, I need to do some research.

When you're ready fam, holla. Croydon Council, fill out couple documents, wage slips, jump on that quick.

What I'm saying is, whether part time or full time but on low pay, disposable income isn't that big a difference. I hate to use this word, but just as most them 'people' do, always look into what you're 'ENTITLED' to.

It's how much mine is.

Far from.

Regards.

All I'm saying is casting it aside with one sweeping statement is idiocy/ignorance. I and many other thousands of people use it on a regular basis and have never had any issue...I'm particularly talking about where flats/studios/houses are the commodity.

Regards

Again, please stop assuming. I myself have not had issues with Gumtree, please re-read what I wrote in response to your comment. We're clearly both at other ends of the scale we have not experienced, let's leave it there.

Regards.

• Upvote 1

Guest Yilmaz

It's how much mine is.

Far from.

Regards.

Regards

Again, please stop assuming. I myself have not had issues with Gumtree, please re-read what I wrote in response to your comment. We're clearly both at other ends of the scale we have not experienced, let's leave it there.

Regards.

M12, just use Gumtree.

Regards.

• Upvote 1

Guest Yilmaz

What if you're looking to move out of your home borough, I'm still entitled to enquire at other councils right?

If you're looking for full entitlement, then you must have a "link" with the borough you wish to move to...or be high priority i.e. mother with child, or involuntarily homeless.

There may be room for manoeuvre somewhere though.

Guest Yilmaz

Oh yeah M12, always look for all-inclusive places (bills, council tax etc). They ain't easy to find, but like Sagat said, spend a generou amount of time searching and familiarising urself with what you want, and you'll find some good deals.

Guest M12 Part 2

alright safe for the advice u man!

atm im leaning towards finding a bargain and sticking to a 650 budget or just living somewhere like Stevenage, Bushey, Hithcin or Watford and commuting.