Street Fighter Tournament and Ranking Battle thread

Roy Batty

I hope they do a good job of running Dramatic Battle. Will be a bit embarrassing if our own ting goes smoother than theirs when it is just me running it on my ones.

Oh yeh, once again MASSIVE thanks to Fitz for bringing his flip cam. And eternal props to Shady cos if he didnt bring his cam we would have been filming the finals in HD on my iPhone4 lol

Thanks to Xander, Skemar and anyone else I roped in to film.

And well done to Natty and DBUK for their strong performances in the tournament and money matches.

WinnerStaysOn first invitational tournament results:

WinnerStaysOn201007151.jpg

1st Round:

F Word (Ru) dft Fitznblend (Ib)

Chris (Gy) dft Xander (Dh)

Natty (Ab) dft Kaz (Ib)

Aaron (Du) dft Deejay (Ju)

Andreas (Ru) dft Captain Capo (Ru)

DBUK (Bl) dft Logan Sama (Du)

RMZ (Ba) dft Jerome (Ch)

Affi (Gu) dft Skemar (Ba)

Losers Bracket 1st Round:

Capo (Ru) dft Fitznblend (Ib)

Xander (Dh) dft Logan Sama (Du)

Kaz (Ib) dft Jerome (Ch)

Skemar (Ba) dft Deejay (Ju)

Winners Bracket Quarter Finals:

F Word (Ib) dft Chris (Gy)

Aaron (Du) dft Natty (Ab)

Andreas (Ru) dft DBUK (Bl)

RMZ (Ba) dft Affi (Gu)

Losers Bracket 2nd Round:

DBUK (Bl) dft Captain Capo (Ru, Co)

Affi (Gu) dft Xander (Dh)

Chris (Gy) dft Kaz (Ib)

Natty (ab) dft Skemar (Ba)

Losers Bracket 3rd Round:

DBUK (Bl) dft Affi (Gu)

Chris (Gy) dft Natty (Ab)

Winners Bracket Semi-finals:

F Word (Ib) dft Aaron (Du)

RMZ (Ba) dft Andreas (Ru)

Losers Bracket Quarter-finals:

DBUK (Bl) dft Aaron (Du)

Andreas (Ru) dft Chris (Gy)

Losers Bracket Semi-final:

Andreas (Ru) dft DBUK (Bl)

Winners Final:

F Word (Ib) dft RMZ (Ba)

Losers Final:

RMZ (Ba) dft Andreas (Ru)

Grand Final:

F Word (Ib) dft RMZ (Ba)

WinnerStaysOn201007152.jpg

Winner:

F Word (Ib, Ru)

2nd:

RMZ (Ba)

3rd:

Andreas (Ru)

4th:

DBUK (Bl)

Runners Up:

Aaron (Du) & Chris (Gy)

Top 4 will be seeded for next tournament. Top 6 earn points for the season's leaderboard

Current Leaderboard:

F Word 10

RMZ 6

Andreas 4

DBUK 2

Aaron 1

Chris1

Videos will be up on http://www.youtube.com/user/winnerstayson

Follow @WinnerStaysOn on twitter for more updates.

• Upvote 4

Guest haze-e

The joke ting is, I was actually thiiiiiiiis close to drawing out more p's to take a next bet with someone else who wanted to back Natty.

Good thing I don't believe in cash machines that charge

Loooool. That was me. I had all faith in Natty winning. Straight fan ting no hype Lool.

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssious!!!

Just watched that money match.....gwarrrrrrrrrnnn natty!! Pressure must ave been immense still, droppin the link to the ultra must ave felt like bussin bare back into *insert female idol here*

Who was it commentatin n backing "Kaz" the whole way through??

The next WinnerStaysOn tournament will be held on Friday 23rd July at HMV Gamerbase in Trocadero from 6pm

If you want to play on the set ups AT ALL you are going to have to chip in £2 to pay for the hire fee for the night.

If you want to enter the tournament it will be £3, which is increased HOWEVER you will be guaranteed at least 4 matches this time instead of 2.

The format will be:

1st Round - Pools in a 'Round Robin' format. Depending on the numbers of entries will depend on the number of matches but pools will be split as equally as possible and drawn at random into 4 groups. Everyone will play each other once in a best 2 out 3 games match. The top 2 will qualify from their pool to the bracketed 2nd Round.

2nd Round - Double Elimination brackets. The top 2 players from each group will go through to the 2nd round, with a 1st place player drawn against a 2nd place player from a different group. The winners will advance to Winners Semi Finals whilst the losers will drop down into the Losers Bracket.

All matches will be best 2 out of 3 apart from the Grand Final which will be 3 out of 5. Character and Ultra changes are permitted after a win or loss. A player pausing the match for any reason during an 'unfrozen' point in the match (eg: during ultra animations, throws) will result in the loss of the round immediately.

Seeding: The top 4 placed players from last week's tournament will be split up into separate pools and cannot meet until the 2nd round.

Prizes:

1st place £50

2nd place £25

3rd place £10

REMEMBER YOU WILL NEED TO PAY £2 TOWARDS SET UP HIRE AS WELL AS £3 TO ENTER THE f*ck*ng TOURNAMENT, YOU BROKE BUMS!