Do you think you'll ever move to the countrside

Guest Trollse Hill

@ Natalie

That's what I thought before tbh but eventually you adapt.

The first few months was hard, everything apart from one small Co-op supermarket & a post office was either 6 miles away or 11 miles away.

Moretime it was mainly the little things like shops open all the time, petrol stations around the corner, banks everywhere, the tube, barbershops, ethnic foods, no night life, mix diversity of people that took time to adapt too etc.

I still come back and fourth 2-3 times a week depending on business, family & friends committments so it's like I haven't fully left it.

I'm loving living in the sticks.

It's peaceful, beautiful & the people/neighbors are so friendly it took me a while to adjust & stop suspecting them of ulterior motives.

One of the best decisions I ever made was to raise the children out of London.

Two-ish years ago like a donut I left my house keys in the door as I was rushing, I was out the whole day in London. Came back late to a note on the door from a person I never knew or met saying 'Hi, sorry to have walked onto your front garden onto your residence but you left your keys on your door. Alll seemed well, I locked up for you so just pop round at number 39 when you get this. Love Mary'.

Now it's a strong possibility if I'd done that in most parts of London my day would have ended very differently.

thats beautiful still

/

im on a gradual move out from the ends tbh, dnt know about livin in the english countryside tho

but i will not be in the ends much longer, its horrible, an its not jus the things that happen, its the people u actually know, the mentality

man are tellin me to get unemployed, get on job seekers so i can get a yard an that

but ive actually got better options than that, a lot of people in the ends jus limit themselves an limit u

Trust me G, it's beautiful.

Defo agree with the mentality thing although you'll find similar mental attitudes exist all over the UK tbh.

C/s people limiting themselves fully tho.

im glad i grew up an live in a multicultural city, shits amazin to see so many different kinds of people an hear so many different languages

but i would like to live in a black country, where my youts can see successful black people right in front of them, i dont want it to be a novelty to see that

like when you speak to certain jamaicans an africans, they have a different outlook on success as a black person, than us who have grown up over here

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

When i moved back to Surrey from London i really missed it for a while, took a while getting used to the fact that theres not a 24 hour shop down the road, not as much going on, and definately regret not learning to drive when i could afford it because u really do need a car round here.

I find alot of things to be more expensive round here aswell, but ive been back here for 2 years now and i can safely say i will never move back to London again, im only about half an hour away so i can go back whenever i want, and i usually spend weekends there at least once a month anyway.

Guest Triple XXX

tbh i only seen 1 around here

but that jus may be cos i only frequent a few close areas there may be more about

edit - 2, my barber is black

so what about the people that go to ur barber?

tbh the dude works out of a hair salon n i go on wekdays

only other people i see there are white