Halo: Reach Thread

Francis Coquelin

Guest Medic

Suprisingly enjoying this game, I really thought I wouldnt like it beforehand. Despite being god awful I'm sticking with it, determined to get better.

Couple negatives points I've come across so far;

Players not playing the objective - We were playing 3ball I think it was called, where you have to hold the ball to get points etc. Anyways, this one team were just killwhoring and not even making an attempt to grab the skulls. They finished with 1pt but all went very positive. I dont know whether this is the normal, but it was pretty gay. Also on Hockey, guys are just fiending for kills even though everyone has double health, no plans trying to score/go for the ball. Most of the better players I've come across simply killwhore and do nothing else.

Invisible cloak - Its probably because Im just a COD noob, but I cant stand this class/ability. And I thought Ghost was bad on Blops. I just hate the way they are invisible and always manage to creep up behind you and do the assisination. Cant even hear them.

If anyones got any tips for starter players on Halo, fire away.

Medic tell me as i havent played halo online yet (though have played every game in the halo series) is it like COD where you have to unlock the armour varients and abilities or do you have them all from the word go?

in reach i always found armour lock the best ability in the single player (if you can call it an ability, you know what i mean)

Guest Medic

I've only played a couple hours so far, so I dont know much. I actually want to ask a question, all the cR you get to spend on armoury etc, does it have any effect to your player in the game or is it purely aesthetics.

I dont understand the point in armour lock, yes your invincible or whatever for that moment in time but its not like you can stay in that mode forever. Once its over you just get ended.

Guest Medic

Yeah I thought so. Plus its not even like what you buy appears on your spartan in game, your either red blue green whatever and thats it. Seems like a massive waste of time, unless someone can tell me otherwise.

i think it does saw some guy with that helmet with the full visor thing, altho its doesnt matter cause all your seeing is red or blue ( or other colours in multi team )

does kinda seem pointless espesh when every thing is so expensive and getting cR is long.

we need a full constant team for the objective games. i play snipers n swat on my own.

and grifball, multiteam and hockey with the squad :Y:

need to do campaign and firefight and check out some other gamemodes.

enjoying my experience so far.

the armour does absolutely nothing other than change ur appearance. armour lock is considered the most OP of all the armour abilities, if someone stickies you, go into armour lock, if ur about to die, go into armour lock, someone will either finish the guy off who's waiting to kill you or ur shield will start to recharge, it's also good for when ur about to get splattered by a vehicle, go into armour lock and when it hits the vehicle will blow up. Also, when you pop out of it u fire off a little EMP blast that takes down everyone's shields in its radius, so if ur lucky/quick enough u can headshot/melee the guy who was standing over you.

The worst thing about cloaking is the f*ckERS who use the sniper when cloaked, don't let jeff hear about this but i've played ppl on maps like boneyard who get the sniper and stay cloaked and not moving on that balcony and just snipe, of course by the time you've respawned they're invisible again.

Guest Medic

Forge looks sick. Can you alter gravity settings though? I wanna recreate this map from UT

dm-morpheus.jpg

the armour does absolutely nothing other than change ur appearance. armour lock is considered the most OP of all the armour abilities, if someone stickies you, go into armour lock, if ur about to die, go into armour lock, someone will either finish the guy off who's waiting to kill you or ur shield will start to recharge, it's also good for when ur about to get splattered by a vehicle, go into armour lock and when it hits the vehicle will blow up. Also, when you pop out of it u fire off a little EMP blast that takes down everyone's shields in its radius, so if ur lucky/quick enough u can headshot/melee the guy who was standing over you.

Sweet, I'll give it another try. I usually stick with sprint lol