La Liga Thread

Hernandez Balcazar

Guest Portuguese

Saltyness of the highest order from Zlatan in his new book, showing just how badly the relationship between him and Guardiola had broken down...or never really got established in the first place.

"I always drive like a madman. I got to 325 kmph [202 mph], leaving the police behind. I've done so many silly things I daren't think about now," writes Ibrahimovic in the book. Once in Spain after a snowfall he skidded into a wall.

He described the Barcelona changing rooms as a place where everyone sat there in silence, well-behaved, almost subdued: Messi, Xavi and Iniesta were like schoolboys who obeyed every command without question. "I am a guy who likes those who drive through red lights." [...]

"Messi began to talk and asked for another role on the pitch, things changed, Guardiola preferred to do what he wanted." After a while Ibra asked to have a meeting with Guardiola, and told him: "I'm a Ferrari, but you are driving me as if I were a Fiat."

After a game against Villarreal when Bojan started ahead of him and Zlatan only played 5 mins as a sub, he told Pep:

"You have no balls. You sh*t yourself when facing Mourinho! F**k off!"

"I would walk into a room; he would leave. He would greet everyone by saying hello, but would ignore me.

"I had done a lot to adapt - the Barca players were like schoolboys, following the coach blindly, whereas I was used to asking 'why?' I like guys who run red lights, not pedantic and strict rules. So I tried to be overly nice, didn’t dare lose my temper.

"But after this I stopped trying to adapt. For example, at Barca players were banned from driving their sports cars to training. I thought this was ridiculous - it was no one’s business what car I drive - so in April, before a match with Almeria, I drove my Ferrari Enzo to work. It caused a scene."

"(Pep) was staring at me and I lost it. I thought ‘there is my enemy, scratching his bald head’. I yelled to him: ‘You have no balls!’ And probably worse things than that.

"I added: 'You are s****ing yourself because of (then-Internazionale manager Jose Mourinho, whose side beat Barca in the Champions League). You can go to hell!’ I was completely mad.

"I threw a box full of training gear across the room, it crashed to the floor and Pep said nothing, just put stuff back in the box.

"I’m not violent, but if I were Guardiola I would have been frightened."

Guest Portuguese

You have to love Marca on international breaks! They've officially announced our transfer strategy for the next two years!

1. Iker Muniain

2. Rafinha Alcantara

3. Mario Gotze

4. Jack Wilshere

5. Eden Hazard

Marca came out with a list back in 02/03 it outlined Florentino's transfer strategy at the height of the galactico era. I think the shopping list was something like: Nesta, Shevchenko, Owen, Ballack, Henry, Totti, van Nistelrooy, Rui Costa

8-)

Guti is available on a free :Y:

I like how man used the word trophy, lesbihanest only 2 trophies matter

last la liga win 2007-2008

you definately have to win your league AND the CL when you spend 400m or whatever it is los smellengues spent

a black man celebrating and supporting a fascist club, any stockholm syndrome stricken sap.

• Upvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Last time Arsenal won their equivalent of La Liga? I think Real have won back to back titles since then.

I don't even know why a debate between Real and Arsenal(nothing but a feeder club to Barca)is happening

The English Valencia

/

What a silly statement talk about reaching

/

Wenger couldn't handle a team what thinks about winning today

Simples

He isn't built for it.

Zero European trophies since 1988

• Downvote 1

Thats great mate but when you spend the most you should be winning, especially in a two team 'league' (lolz)

we punching above our weight, but don't throw stones when you live in a greenhouse brah shit will get sticky

I don't even care about the wenger argument I actually agree but just wanted to put you back in your pram. bout to be 4 years no league how many mills spent 2 team league etc

notice you left the last point, confused soul you are bait you class yourself as 'mixed race' sorry to shatter dreams mate

Guest Portuguese

Two team league? Same two teams would make the rest of England compete for 3rd and 4th.

Every team spends money but what smacks it Real win trophies when they spend less

Mixed race? The fuck?

:/ me ever thinking I am mixed race

GTFO

lol barca would make everyone compete for 2nd

But Real :/ very much open to debate, stop clinging to barca coat tails mang, if real were in the prem they'd be competing like the rest of the top 4/5

anyway you got another 2 seasons min of mediocrity to look fwd to just like us gooners.

salut embrace the pain

Guest Portuguese

Who the hell will stop Real?

Arsenal?

Chelsea?

City?

United?

Tottenham?

Liverpool?

Stoke?

Real are not ordinary brah

Our 2nd eleven would finish above the also rans aka Arsenal,Liverpool,Tottenham