New Duke Nukem

Bruno Di Gradi

I can't take from anyone how they feel about duke but to say I have no clue is unrealistic.

I've been playing games for 27 years so I must know something.

I can concede that the trailers I put up were not in game playable graphics but that doesn't take away from the quality of the production work. They are still better trailers than what the Duke is suggesting the game will be. Granted I could and probably should have put up an in game trailer from say halo or half life which would have undoubtably closed off the questions of quality.

So that said what part am I clueless about? Is it the obvious triangles used in the shapes in some of the creatures in the DN trailer that let us know how antiquated it is?

Am I clueless to sugget that certain older FPS titles were better?

Is it clueless to suggest that a game trailer is there to get the masses hyped about a coming title? Is it then clueless to say that a trailer is average then post "trailers" that are IMO vastly superior? (If someone honestly tells me the Duke trailer is better than the Killzone trailer your just f*ck*ng retarded).

As I've already said I could and probably should have put up trailers with in game footage, that was my one mistake, does that make me clueless? No. But having seen the in game graphics trailer of Duke Nukem then gone and looked at the in game graphics trailers for a few other games I don't mind to tell you that the Duke Nukem trailer is average. The graphics are average. The concept is outdated which is probably part of why it took so long to reboot. Whitty one liners are for swarzthenigger and Stallone.

Of course though if nostalgia is your thing and you been going to the cinema nuff over the past couple years to see remade 1980s classic tv shows turned into sh*t films then this game is for you.

But for people hyping about actually buying this game, 50 percent of you won't. And those that do will dun it, realise it's wash and trade it in within a month when you realise that the online is weak or at best run of the mill. The campaign will be (Jokes aside) sh*t and the title should never have been re released.

Those that don't buy this game will be much more absorbed by other fps titles. Namely Portals 2, Crysis 2 and Call of Duty whatever number we're on now.

• Downvote 1

• 5 months later...