Fabio Capello: I fucked up...

Michel Kane

The only two players who would of made a difference were Rio Ferdinand and injury free Owen Hargreaves.

Thats dumb tbh.

An Injury-free Owen Hargreaves is an opinion based on a player 5 years ago, and if thats the case we might as will bring Michael Owen into the discussion.

I have always said Hargreaves>any english midfielder in terms of big match temperament and tactically know how.

You are seriously under estimating how good and important Hargreaves is.

fully co-sign

I was gona pick up on this but just negged him, i mean how the fcuk can u compare Hargreaves to Owen smh

Guest Portuguese

LOL! Anelka hates Arsenal players.

No i just tell the truth, im not going to lie about a players ability just coz he plays for my club..I will support the player at games but express my opinions after

Anyone can say anything following the event

The fact of the matter is, when it really mattered both managers "binned" Tj

Exactly.

The fact that both reflect positively on walcott speaks volumes.

Sven went to a tournament knowing he was leaving. He doesnt have to stick by that decision (a decision most people think was wrong), yet he choses too.

It matters more to Capello now than then, Capello was unsackable pre-tournament, now he practically hanging on to his job by saying the right things about two Arsenal players. Has SWP been in the England squad since World Cup? :lol: Keep ducking the question tho.

The only two players who would of made a difference were Rio Ferdinand and injury free Owen Hargreaves.

Thats dumb tbh.

An Injury-free Owen Hargreaves is an opinion based on a player 5 years ago, and if thats the case we might as will bring Michael Owen into the discussion.

I have always said Hargreaves>any english midfielder in terms of big match temperament and tactically know how.

You are seriously under estimating how good and important Hargreaves is.

I'm not underestmating him at all, but he hasnt played properly for like 3-4 years.

Trying to guage how important he is to England now is like me saying in 4 years time walcott will be a world beater & he'll win the world cup for England alone.

Guest Portuguese

Its not at all because Walcott has never ever showed signs he will be a world beater and be capable of winning games on his own for England let alone a World Cup.

Answer me this.

Has England got a midfield player now of Hargreaves quality?

You must read that article? Did he mention Hargreaves or not?

I disagree.

Of Hargreaves quality then? No.

But again he has not played for how long?!

Imagine if Eduardo still hadnt returned for Arsenal, this is like Arsenal fans saying do we have a finisher like Eduardo? The answer would be no.

But he did come back & was a shadow.

When If Hargreaves comes back, he wont return to being that guy, so mentioning him in regards to the World Cup is way more stupid than mentioning Walcott.

Yes. Capello effectively ruled Hargreaves out of his thinking.

Guest Klitschko

Eh?

Noone is trying to make the argument that Walcott > Hargreaves

As a side note, I was watching a vid where owen Hargreaves was mentioned the other day

Saw a couple people on youtube saying he will be back in January without a doubt in the comments section

then saw the comment was dated 2 years ago :lol:

Guest Klitschko

Who said he would have made a difference to the overall outcome of England being sh*t?

The general consensus [and discussion in here] is that he should have gone instead of SWP, because he is a better impact sub, a better player to bring on against tired legs, and his pace terrifies defenders. That is what you want out of an impact sub.

Capello himself said 'he can do something in the last 25'.

• Upvote 2

Guest Portuguese

IMHO I am yet to seperate the likes of Lennon/Walcott/SWP in terms of ability/impact I still think the three on the same level.

Capello says a lot of things.

What's the point of scaring defences when you have no end product?

So my arguement it would of not made a difference who he took out of the three.

• Downvote 4

Guest M12 Part 2

On a serious note if you think SWP and Walcott are on the same level, I do not want to talk football with you ever again.

SWP, lol man think its still 2005.

The thing is it's not even a stupid statement. That's what's so deep.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

lol @ Tj Walcott making any difference for England

I told every1 Tj would not do anything after that fluke of a hatrick and I was emphatically proven right

:lol:

Cos Lennon & SWP did so much?

How have you deluded yourself to think you've been proved right? Seriously, I wanna know.

SWP wasn't given a chance.

Ashley Young ahead of both of them.