Blackberry

slickesrickes

i would say jus add the email to blackberry. another app runnin in the background means more memory is being used, which may result to runnin slower or more glitchy.

cheers

Agreed

Plus I swear the Gmail app doesn't have push notifications

It has notifications but it doesn't but the LED will not flash red when you get a new email.

Plus google sync runs battery life down alot so I have heard.

The only advantage of google sync/google mail app is the ability to wireless sync with outlook. Blackberry email has google mail plugins that deliver some specific gmail features such as starring so that is what I do rather use the app.

Anyone having problems with their native browser? I

can't get any pages to load on either 3g or wifi but the pages are loading fine on opera mini, I'm using opera mini now to send this message

Nah mine is bless and always has been. Battery pull time time for you me thinks.

Safe man that sorted it how could I forget the golden rule of blackberry ownership battery pull solves everything.

Lol true. Every bb owner needs to remember that. Whenever sh*t is going wrong with your phone battery pull is the remedy like georges marvelous medicine.

Apparently you should do a battery pull atleast once or twice a week to because bb is based on java and things clutter up the memory. Pull the battery clears that. All technical talk which I don't really understand but my mate told me this and I am just parrotting that on to you lot.

Battery pull?

Right I paid the £2.09 and downloaded WhatsApp, thought f*ck it lets give it a try.

And tbh its well worth it. Purchased yesterday morning and was pinging all day. The layout and interface are poor but it does the trick.

HOWEVER it can be temperamental, especially after calls it just disconnects so it didn't allow me to send and receive messages. This can take about 15 -20 mins to reconnect maybe longer sometimes. Happened 3 times during the day, battery pull seemed to work 1st time, may have been a coincidence. 2nd time I tried the pull and all sorts but didn't work and it reconnected on its own after a short while.

3rd time I sent my diagnostic to WhatsApp support who responded swiftly by saying I was having network issues. A few minutes after I received that e-mail it connected back up and hasn't disconnected as far as I am aware.

Another downside is it can be a battery killer but I was pinging for almost 7 or 8 hours on WhatsApp as well as BBM today. So definitely recouped the £2.09 charged.

Overall, besides issues raised if you have friends with IPhones I personally recommend for them as well as yourself to purchase cos when it works its great and I'm sure future updates can only improve what is already a very handy app.

A lot of potential to be awesome, like a multi platform BBM if you like, providing updates to improve are released regularly.

Anyone having problems with their native browser? I

can't get any pages to load on either 3g or wifi but the pages are loading fine on opera mini, I'm using opera mini now to send this message

Nah mine is bless and always has been. Battery pull time time for you me thinks.

Safe man that sorted it how could I forget the golden rule of blackberry ownership battery pull solves everything.

Lol true. Every bb owner needs to remember that. Whenever sh*t is going wrong with your phone battery pull is the remedy like georges marvelous medicine.

Apparently you should do a battery pull atleast once or twice a week to because bb is based on java and things clutter up the memory. Pull the battery clears that. All technical talk which I don't really understand but my mate told me this and I am just parrotting that on to you lot.

Battery pull?

If your phone is f*ck*ng up for some unknown reason or working slowly or having connection issues or if internal memory drops a massive amount pull the battery from the phone and replace after 15 seconds and it solves many problems...

Oh and I forgot to add with WhatsAppI think max characters per post is 160 or whatever so doesn't allow for extra long messages which can be a bummer sometimes. Would help if they tidied up the chat layout with the times sent and received as well as character allowance all fitted neatly.

Sounds like a negative review if weighing up points made but I think I can personally overlook these little things with the hope they'll be updated in next release.

Though I think the IPhone WhatsApp is more of a priority for them, something I think from seeing my friends WhatsApp on his IPhone... Hope I am wrong.

couldnt get a good focused image on mine, but this is more or less what it looks like:

IMG00003-20100216-1915.jpg

doesnt fit tight as the OEM parts, but is quite decent, i'm gonna shave some plastic off tomorrow to get a perfect fit.

Also new OS available at crackberry

where did you buy the parts and tools from?

couldnt get a good focused image on mine, but this is more or less what it looks like:

IMG00003-20100216-1915.jpg

doesnt fit tight as the OEM parts, but is quite decent, i'm gonna shave some plastic off tomorrow to get a perfect fit.

Also new OS available at crackberry

where did you buy the parts and tools from?

truesupplier.com, all frames, bezels come with tools. be warned tho, aftermarket stuff never fits as perfect as OEM

on da blackberry 9700, how do u sync e-mail addresses again...?

it is asking me for my user name and password... I cant remember it, or i dont remember making 1...

if you haven't made one then you dont need to enter your username/password. You can just add email addresses straight.

Is anyone have problems with hotmail reconciliation? It was working blessed up until Sunday but now when I'm open hotmail emails on my bb they are not coming up as read in hotmail account very bloody annoying. Does anyone know if o2 has upgraded to BIS 3.0? And how can you tell?

New 9700 OS dropped today I think.

Installed earlier can't point out any major differences apart from no key lock icon in menu.

Keypad lock needs to be done using the specific button on top of device, so I gottta get used to that now.

Many are saying its the best and most stable OS build released by RIM in a longtime yet. Surprisingly Voda UK were the first to officially release it, will have a play about and post more info if anyone wants to know anymore.

BTW keylock button also sleeps the phone, mute button which used to standby the phone no longer does so afaik it hasn't been assigned anything else apart from its original mute function.

Yeah the latest 8900 OS didnt ewven have the option to lock the keypad and even the button on top of the phone was just pointless cause it couldnt be used..

I think theyre trying to push the standby mode rather than the kepad lock however have you checked the keypad lock isnt hidden in one of your files?

I installed the new OS for my Bold and I think its taking up 100mb on my application memory which leaves me with about 10mb left

How do I uninstall the OS system?

dnt think u can uninstall mate, rather reinstall a previous os, search crackberry for them

Yeah the latest 8900 OS didnt ewven have the option to lock the keypad and even the button on top of the phone was just pointless cause it couldnt be used..

I think theyre trying to push the standby mode rather than the kepad lock however have you checked the keypad lock isnt hidden in one of your files?

Nope not been hidden, first thing I thought of too.

Then checking Crackberry a lot of people have been moaning the lock key icons gone. I think its RIMS way to force people to use the button. The lock key locks the keypad and puts the phone in to standby mode.

Maybe a way of preserving battery life? I don't know but it hasn't taken long getting used to.

Had the OS installed a few days now (look for my last post to see from exactly when) and 3 times during calls I've been disconnected, didn't used to happen before, but I'm not sure, it may well have been my boys phone and signal.