Blackberry

slickesrickes

Fam keep the iphone, trust me

Unless your a email, messaging type of guy you wont gain anything from switching. actually your losing out

I am an email / messaging guy, dont use any of them waste apps anymore, mainly 'coz my screens smashed but still..

Been using a couple guys blackberrys and it generally seems faster.

Have you got both?

I've had both

Iphone > Blackberry

Email & BBM is the only thing Blackberrys have over the Iphone

What makes the blackberry email better than the iphoone? What's wrong with emails on the iphone?

Iphone even has that's what's app messenger app now to rival bbm

I would therefore guess that the only thing the blackberry has over the iphone is the physical keypad.

I've had both

Iphone > Blackberry

Blackberry = better messaging tool.

What's app can't rival bbm just because a lot more people use bbm. Also you can send/receive voice clips and pics using bbm, I have people in Canada/States and uganda sending me messages and pics and what not. Sick.

Additionally what's app is available on the bb also.

Web pages load quicker.

Camera has flash.

Battery life is far better.

The emails are ofcourse better and render better.

Actually typing messages is alot better on the physical keyboard.

No doubt iphone is better for entertainment with apps and all but it all gets a bit tiresome especially when you impromptly stay round a friends and find your phone dead in the morning vs same scenario and finding half battery remaining on the BB when you have been using it more than you had been using your iphone.

It depends what you want. Iphone is sick. I had one. I still do. But if you want your phone to do the phone stuff the best then BB is the way.

I am gonna get an itouch as well so all my needs are met.

But honestly it depends what you want from your phone. I personally like the simplicity of a bb that does what I need it to mainly well.

The Blackberry does not load web pages faster than an iPhone :lol: , BB browsers are horrible (for the time being).

/

As you said, at the end of the day it comes down to what you need. Battery life, Messaging = Blackberry

Everything else = Iphone

Having all your media on your phone > Carrying 2 devices. My iPhone battery used to last me a day and half minimum

I've had both

Iphone > Blackberry

What's app can't rival bbm just because a lot more people use bbm. Also you can send/receive voice clips and pics using bbm, I have people in Canada/States and uganda sending me messages and pics and what not. Sick.

Was wondering if this was possible

Glad to know it is!

The Blackberry does not load web pages faster than an iPhone :lol: , BB browsers are horrible (for the time being).

/

As you said, at the end of the day it comes down to what you need. Battery life, Messaging = Blackberry

Everything else = Iphone

Having all your media on your phone > Carrying 2 devices. My iPhone battery used to last me a day and half minimum

To be honest im not bothered about instant messaging the most important thing for me is email, never used iphone for email so not sure what blackberry emails have that the iphone doesn't over than the advantages of typing an email on a physical keypad.

In my experience websites do render quicker over 3g than they did on my iphome 3g.

I think technically speaking bb's use less bandwidth than other handsets in delovering/receiving mail and viewing web pages. Some reports estimate than in order for manufacturers to replicate rim data transmission network would cost $50bn.

So it kind of makes sense and the bb browsers are getting better and better with each os build.

Blackberry >> Iphone

Iphone's push email isn't on par with blackberry as they don't have a dedicated server like blackberry, they rely on the internet as a gateway

who knows about scanning a group barcode just by using your camera and instantly joining that group all without typing a single character

we need to have some sort of vip2 bb group going

Blackberry >> Iphone

Iphone's push email isn't on par with blackberry as they don't have a dedicated server like blackberry, they rely on the internet as a gateway

who knows about scanning a group barcode just by using your camera and instantly joining that group all without typing a single character

we need to have some sort of vip2 bb group going

I must say I'm not very impressed with push email on my bold 9700 I'm a BIS user with o2 using a hotmail account. I only started to get messages "pushed" through without a 15 min delay after I changed to the microsoft exchange protocol and even now I've done that I still get the situation where the occassional email doesn't come through to my phone. The other day I missed out on a whole afternoon of email conversation because I didn't know I had received emails until I logged in. Also you can't sync calendar or contact wirelessly over the air. I hear the iphone can do this, please do correct me if I'm wrong? It seems like BB is only decent if your on their business enterprise service which I use for my work phone which is sick having pretty much my whole outlook mailbox on my phone. But as a personal BIS user I think blackberries are pretty whack for email. Is the email encryption safer on BB BIS than it is on the iphone? That's the only thing I can think of that the BB might do better than the iphone, but once again I suspect its only for BES business users.

I was being generous with the whole bb email thing, i was going by hear say/reviews as im not a heavy emailer myself. But alot of people swear by it

You can sync your contacts and calender info with the iphone over the air. Done it just now with my google account

Ok well I think the google sync app on the blackberry allows you sync contacts and calendar over the air its just with other providers it doesn't I use hotmail.

I'm just bitter cause I have used a BB at work for over 2 years now and just expected my personal one to do everything that the work one could. Plus my mate has been ripping this sh*t out of me for getting a BB rather than an iphone.

Been reading up on BBs and basically what is sick about BB over the iphone is the compression of data. Basically one dude said he went abroad for 2 weeks with a BB pay as u go for 2 weeks and incurred 3.30 worth of charges whilst when he did the same thing on an iphone his bill was 145.00. So I think it terms of data handling its a lot more efficient, and you will have massive data usage I guess if your on an unlimited data plan with a large fair usage policy your not that bothered. Obviously battery life is another advantage of BB over iphone.

Its not all doom and gloom for BB though hopefully BIS 3.0 will fix some of the email sync issues and the new webskit browser that they demoed at the mobile world congress is supposed to be as good if not better than safari on the iphone, here's hoping!