Arsenal Jan Transfer Window

gemma

Guest whowantswhat

Eden Hazard said that he'll leave Lille in Summer to play in England, and would play for us, man city, man u, spurs and chelsea

I think our biggest downfall will be the fact that chelsea will pay him shitloads

Mata replaces Lumpard and Hazard wide? Damn.

on Jack Wilshere's fitness…

I spoke to Jack today. We have no real news yet. The first news we have had is better than expected. He is not in a boot, but I don't know more. His morale looks quite good and I hope it will only be a short setback.There will be more tests this week.

on Abou Diaby's comeback…

He is coming back on Tuesday. He has been in a rehab centre and has worked very hard. We feel that when he comes back he will need three more weeks of training, so the earliest he will play will be the end of February.

on Ryo's future…

I will have a chat with him tomorrow and I have a little plan. Oxlade-Chamberlain plays on the flanks now too, so if I can find an opportunity for him to play somewhere I will decide whether to do that tomorrow. It will have to be in England because he will lose the homegrown [status] if he leaves the country.

on whether he will sign anyone…

Certainly not. But you never know!

But whats a clearout?

Squillaci & Almunia gonna remain, cos I'm sure they 2013...

Then sounds like Arsenal gonna renew Rosicky deal. Benayoun back to Chelsea. Denilson and Bendtner again aren't certs to be wanted.

After last summer planned clear out which actually was more players abandoning the Titantic, I dont see what changing, if they was all out of deals in 2012 I could think happy days but they dont.

We need to assess the squad in the summer, our best 11 is not strong enough to compete for major honours..it must be improved

theres no value in this market imo, cant memba strikers making that much of an impact in the Jan window. saha > utd & Jon Stead > Blackburn only ones off the top i can think of.. Adebayor scored 4 goals when he came to us in jan..suarez scored 4 also

not about panicking now just like we did in august and being left with more scraps.. plus we have players who seemingly have no future at the club people like Hoyte, Watt, Vela, B52, Arshavin, Chamahk, Denilson, Moonya etc i expect plenty of movement & i expect him to lose patience with certain graduates like he did with Sunu & Armand last summer

Szczesny/Fabianski

Sagna/Jenkinson----Koscielny/Mertesacker--Vermaelen/Djourou----Gibbs/Santos

Song/Coquelin/Frimpong

Ramsey/Arteta----Wilshere/Diaby

Walcott/Oxlade----van Persie/Chamakh----Gervinho/Arshavin

All the bolded can be upgraded imo, some of the non bold could too, but in some cases we just know it aint gonna happen unless they chose to leave. Even if the bolded players aint leaving they need to be upgraded and fall down a place in the pecking order, in some hope that they return to form out of their own pride.

We can't trust Diaby fitness, so we need another midfielder, which you could argue is Rosicky's role, but even he aint trustworthy. Unfortunately this role will probably be handed to the returning Denilson, esepcially where its likely Ramsey will go Olympics. Maybe even Jack if he can't get fit for Euros. However we need a player of real quality to be bought to play there, the obvious suggestion is Eden Hazard.

Poldoski could do the job Henry is doing now and be an alternative to Arshavin and Gervinho, especially if he can score goals, however the worry is its more likely he'll be bought to replace van Persie than play with him.

If Miyiachi can get Prem game time and impress, he can come back and replace Benayoun, otherwise keep Benayoun and loan out Ryo again.

Chamakh & Bendtner need to be upgraded and Park is pointless for the minutes he getting, Park could easily be replaced with a cheaper option like Afobe, especially if Afobe can be loaned out again till the end of the season to The Championship.

Vela and all the 21 year old reserves can be sold/released, but again Watt was told he could eave last summer and there was no takers, same with Rhys Murphy, Gavin Hoyte, etc...

Left back is just a tricky position.

with cesc & nasri we were 2/3 players away from doing something

minus cesc & nasri imo we are 4/5 players away from doing something

jack & ramsey should be competing for the same spot imo, improvement on song, improvement on walcott, improvement on arteta, plus a better 2nd striker (ive warmed to Marouane but his confidence has gone, been crap since 2010) & better 2nd RB but thats wishful thinking as i doubt clamity carl will be disposed of so swiftly

if cesc & nasri were still here they would be starters in that line-up u posted, thats how im measuring things

4th choices play loads of games at Arsenal, plus hes joined the likes of Almunia/Squid/flappy etc in the calamity crew. I hear what ur saying though, dont see wenger wanting to sell him tbh. I wonder what we gna do with Bartley.

jack & ramsey should be competing for the same spot imo, improvement on song, improvement on walcott, improvement on arteta, plus a better 2nd striker (ive warmed to Marouane but his confidence has gone, been crap since 2010) & better 2nd RB but thats wishful thinking as i doubt clamity carl will be disposed of so swiftly

if cesc & nasri were still here they would be starters in that line-up u posted, thats how im measuring things

With players sometimes its the timing/responsibility we giving in that season more than the actual talent of the player so while we was 2/3 players away last year, that doesnt mean that the case remains the same. For example Wilshere should never had a 50 game season last season but he did, I say that was one of the positions we was 2/3 away - but Ramsey was on the recovery & Denilson shouldn't have got that much game time...

Ramsey is heading for a 50+ season and again he shouldn't be...

But after they have got there, become intrnationals/captaining their country and you've decided they are good enough, they can fill the gaps of places we needed players in, prior seasons before.

We need a direct replacement for Fabregas, as Arteta is basically the player we should have got two seasons ago instead of persisting with Denilson.

Your only getting a replacement/improvement to Walcott if we sell him, or Chamberlain over takes him.

Gervinho had a better debut season than Nasri imo, just have to hope he improves as Nasri was doing...

Why would an upgrade on JD consider joining knowing he is 4th choice though

Fourth choice will get games, due to the left back issue and cos injuries are a plenty at Arsenal.

Besides it isn't definetely fourth choice, as he could impress and go beyond Mertesacker...

See I'm hoping Mertesacker is going to improve like Kos has, however the difference between Kos and Mertesacker is that while Kos had some terribles games last season riddled with high-profile errors, he cost us a cup ffs, Kos had some very good games last season.

Mertesacker is yet to have a MOTM performance, infact even a good performance, and that worries me, cos average at best performances with some errors inbetween is the same sh*t Denilson use to do...

I dont care if we keep Djourou and add another domestic based defender with the game experience but not finished (ala Mikel Silvestre)

Bartley can come back and be fifth choice, basically Squid's role but without the huge hesistation to play him, like Wenger has with the Squid.

Before you think thats too many defenders, remember in the last two seasons with the same number of defenders, Miquel has got game time and Miquel aint good enough short-term or long-term imo.

ARSENE WENGER is ready to make a shock bid for Watford's Adrian Mariappa.

Despite initially insisting he would not make any transfer window signings, Arsenal's boss is now ready to reinforce his inconsistent defence.

Newcastle have been haggling over a price for 25-year-old Mariappa, who can play either at right-back or centre-back.

Toon chief Alan Pardew has offered £1.5million so far.

While Watford are demanding £4million, they will accept just over £2m.

Wenger had Mariappa watched in Watford's home FA Cup defeat by Tottenham last Friday.

He has decided to act after becoming increasingly concerned by the inconsistent performances of some of his defenders — Johan Djourou in particular.

Mariappa would be seen only as a squad player but he would create more competition.

With players sometimes its the timing/responsibility we giving in that season more than the actual talent of the player so while we was 2/3 players away last year, that doesnt mean that the case remains the same. For example Wilshere should never had a 50 game season last season but he did, I say that was one of the positions we was 2/3 away - but Ramsey was on the recovery & Denilson shouldn't have got that much game time...

Ramsey is heading for a 50+ season and again he shouldn't be...

But after they have got there, become intrnationals/captaining their country and you've decided they are good enough, they can fill the gaps of places we needed players in, prior seasons before.

We need a direct replacement for Fabregas, as Arteta is basically the player we should have got two seasons ago instead of persisting with Denilson.

Your only getting a replacement/improvement to Walcott if we sell him, or Chamberlain over takes him.

Gervinho had a better debut season than Nasri imo, just have to hope he improves as Nasri was doing...

cesc had top players around him, who carried him at times.. Jack was carried by Nasri, Cesc & Rvp last season at times.. in 2012 can we really put our future in the hands of Jack & Ramsey playing 40+ games? with only 1 top class player able to carry them?

lets put Arsene aside for a sec, where do u think we need to strengthen to compete at the top & do u think the squad is good enough to get 4th

Personally i think we are a million miles away from competing for the league, cups u neva kno..

Also lol at signing Mariappa, Djourou gets bad press coz of his hair, Coq got roasted a few times by Gabby & lost the ball multiple times but no1 says a word..

cesc had top players around him, who carried him at times.. Jack was carried by Nasri, Cesc & Rvp last season at times.. in 2012 can we really put our future in the hands of Jack & Ramsey playing 40+ games? with only 1 top class player able to carry them?

lets put Arsene aside for a sec, where do u think we need to strengthen to compete at the top & do u think the squad is good enough to get 4th

Personally i think we are a million miles away from competing for the league, cups u neva kno..

Also lol at signing Mariappa, Djourou gets bad press coz of his hair, Coq got roasted a few times by Gabby & lost the ball multiple times but no1 says a word..

Eden Hazard or Maro Gotze

Striker

A back up RB better than Jenkinson and Eboue.

Then evaulate where we at after they have arrived and bedded in.

In the matchday thread I said the whole defence was sh*t at HT and then later that Coquelin kept showboating.

Eden Hazard or Maro Gotze

Striker

A back up RB better than Jenkinson and Eboue.

Then evaulate where we at after they have arrived and bedded in.

In the matchday thread I said the whole defence was sh*t at HT and then later that Coquelin kept showboating.

Didnt take you as the dreamer type

Borussia Dortmund academy midfielder Thomas Eisfeld is set to join Arsenal pending a successful medical examination, according to reports from Germany. Eisfeld and agent Reza Fazeli are in London and the 19-year-old is expected to join up with the Gunners academy when he signs up for the club.

Eisfeld is a right-footed playmaker who has scored six goals in 12 games for Borussia’s under-19 side so far this season. However, his contract with the club expires at the end of this season and Arsenal are likely to have to pay a compensation fee to the German champions of around 500,000 euro.

• Downvote 1