BBC3 Cannabis Documentary looking for contributors

Guest doc-U-maker

Guest Esquilax

The classifications are fraudulent because, as the Prof. concluded quite rightly, that cannabis is less harmful than alcohol. Alcohol is legal, Weed is a class B (I think)

Fraud is intentional deception. The Government were given scientific evidence and chose to disregard is and dismiss their top drugs advisor.

• Upvote 1

In case some of you didnt know, BBC 3 also showed this terrible excuse for a 'documentary' presented by that absolute c*nt George Lamb

I know the scottish lad at the end that they interviewed, they edited the f*ck out of the interview and made him sound like a right d*ckhead.

Just dont expect this program to be Pro cannabis because its just not gonna happen. It is another propaganda program that they show every few months.

they could never REALLY make a pro cannabis program for any mainstream channel, simply because it just doesnt fit with the country's policies. would be a bit hypocritical to enforce a certain law and then allow for the countries media to promote a different angle.

if you wanna see a pro-drug documentary watch "the union". on that subject does anybody fancy making a drug documentaries thread?

I know what ur saying beavis

i've seen the docus, cannabis evil weed, secret growrooms of britain, and the george lamb one

but theres just too much sense not to speak up now man, spesh with lib dems being in coalition now

feel like reaching question time with a fake question and when it comes to me i ask lib dem rep

what happened to the green man?

co sign spider if you ain't seen The union watch it even if you don't smoke green

• Upvote 2

but theres just too much sense not to speak up now man, spesh with lib dems being in coalition now

feel like reaching question time with a fake question and when it comes to me i ask lib dem rep

what happened to the green man?

Yea that would definitely be interesting to see what they have to say about it

lol theres no point tho.

i used to think that soon enough laws will change because there is so much strong evidence supporting the move, etc...

but its more than a simple law, its control over society. the government have this much ground, they aint gonna step back and give it away even if its the right thing to do.

i reckon if they could successfully do it, they would ban tobbacco and even alcohol because of the severe health risks and addiction.

In case some of you didnt know, BBC 3 also showed this terrible excuse for a 'documentary' presented by that absolute c*nt George Lamb

I know the scottish lad at the end that they interviewed, they edited the f*ck out of the interview and made him sound like a right d*ckhead.

Just dont expect this program to be Pro cannabis because its just not gonna happen. It is another propaganda program that they show every few months.

This documentary sh*t me up in some next way stil

When I did mushrooms, my hullucinations started to get proper f*cked

I remember thinking, i'm acually going to be mentally disabled for the rest of my life

and this guy talks about people who have had that kinda sh*t happened to them

he showed that drug tester kid some videos or some sh*t

someone point me to their direction please?

This documentary sh*t me up in some next way stil

When I did mushrooms, my hullucinations started to get proper f*cked

I remember thinking, i'm acually going to be mentally disabled for the rest of my life

and this guy talks about people who have had that kinda sh*t happened to them

he showed that drug tester kid some videos or some sh*t

someone point me to their direction please?

I havnt got a link but i think them videos were from some dodgy research chemicals americans were taking years ago. It gave people parkinsons disease.

Your Name and Address

XXXX MP

House of Commons

London

SW1 0AA

Date:

Dear XXXX,

Drugs reform – time to regulate and control

I am writing to you as my MP to ask you to support calls for specific new research comparing the costs and benefits of different options for UK drugs policy, to ensure it is evidence-based, and minimises the harms caused to individuals, communities and society - as the UK drug strategy is meant to do.

The prohibition of drugs was an attempt to end the health and social problems associated with their use. Like alcohol prohibition in the US, it has failed spectacularly. Using any drug can be dangerous, which is precisely why it is wrong for the government to abdicate responsibility for control of drug markets to unregulated criminal profiteers. As the Chief Constable of North Wales put it, no drug is made safer by being left in the hands of criminals. In fact, by taking a predominantly criminal justice rather than health-led approach to drugs, the government is maximising harms to society and individuals alike. Millions of otherwise law-abiding users have been criminalised, problematic drug use has ballooned, as have the adverse health impacts of encouraging the use of (often contaminated) products in unsafe environments. Lucrative and dangerous illegal markets, controlled by violent organised criminals have been created, and the prison population has been massively increased, causing a far broader crisis in our criminal justice system.

Successive high-level reports, including one for the No. 10 Strategy Unit , have shown that attempts to enforce prohibition are expensive, ineffective, and often exacerbate the problems they are intended to solve. As Julian Critchley, former Director of the Government’s UK Anti-Drug Coordinating Unit put it recently; “The only sensible course of action is to minimise the damage caused to society by individuals' drugs choices. What harms society is the illegality of drugs and all the costs associated with that. There is no doubt at all that the benefits to society of the fall in crime as a result of legalisation would be dramatic.”

A phased move away from absolute prohibition, and a pragmatic, cautious exploration of strictly enforced legal alternatives for controlling and regulating drug markets would have a range of positive impacts on the nation’s health and well-being:

•A substantial decrease in acquisitive crime, gun crime and street prostitution

The Home Office has acknowledged that legal drug regulation and control would cut crime. Most street prostitution, and over half of all property crime is committed to fund illegal drug habits. The police have identified illegal drug markets as a key driver of the UK's gun culture.

•Huge reductions in the non-violent prison population

Over half of UK prisoners are dependent drug users convicted of crimes directly related to funding their habits.

•A "peace dividend" from ending the drug war

The social and economic cost of heroin and cocaine use alone in the UK is £15.4 billion a year. Current policies will see over £50 billion wasted in the next decade on ineffective enforcement that could be spent on drug treatment, education, prevention and harm reduction measures.

•Restoration of human rights and dignity to the marginalised and disadvantaged

Problematic drug users were once treated in the UK for what they are - people desperately in need of help. Prohibition turns the majority of those without private means into criminal outcasts, creating obstacles to accessing treatment, employment, housing, personal finance and good health.

Rather than addressing these points, the standard Home Office response letter on drug policy reform says they; “…don’t share the view that many of the problems associated with drugs are created by their illegality”. The letter provides no supporting evidence for what is clearly an ideological position, and directly contradicts previous acknowledgements that regulation and control of drugs would cut crime.

It also contradicts Antonio Maria Costa, head of the UN Office on Drugs and Crime, who has stated that enforcing prohibition creates ‘a huge criminal black market’; displaces policy and resources from health to criminal justice; and that squeezing drug production or supply in one area displaces it to another – which of course spreads crime, political instability and corruption. In their work on the taxonomy of drug harms, Professors Peter Reuter and Robert MacCoun site 36 types of harm that are created or exacerbated by prohibition, falling into health, social and economic functioning, safety and public order, and criminal justice categories. For the Home Office to pretend drug prohibition has no major negative consequences is nothing short of ludicrous.

The government suggests that drugs would be more widely available under a regulated market system leading to increased use; yet this would not have to be the case. Illegal drugs are already widely available across the UK, with no effective restrictions to whom, when or where they are sold. As Julian Critchley put it, the idea that millions of people are just waiting for unenforceable laws to be repealed before using drugs is “ridiculous”.

In fact, legal regulation would allow precisely the types of controls over availability, price, marketing, packaging, and potency that are the subject of recent consultations and policy developments for legal drugs - alcohol and tobacco. Improved tobacco regulation combined with effective public health education (not involving mass criminalisation) has delivered dramatic falls in smoking, and major public health improvements. It is hoped alcohol policy will adopt similar controls soon. Such approaches are, of course, entirely beyond our reach with anarchic illicit drug markets.

The Home Office has also failed to produce any evidence of a deterrent effect related to increasing levels of enforcement, despite requests from two Select Committees (HASC 2002, SciTech 2006), merely restating their ‘belief’ the system works, against overwhelming evidence to the contrary. For example, a huge survey of drug use by the World Health Organisation concluded that countries with more stringent illegal drug policies did not have lower levels of use than those with liberal policies.

Whatever position one takes in this debate, all rational people can surely agree that policy should be evidence-based. Yet the government refuses to properly assess the economic, health and social implications of its drug policies. Please write on my behalf to the Home Secretary specifically calling for a comprehensive and independent cost-benefit analysis (CBA) comparing current UK drug policies with other options, including a health-led legal regulation and control approach, so future policy can be based on fact, not outdated drug war ideology or ‘tough talking’ political posturing.

I look forward to seeing the Home Office’s response, and hearing where you stand on this subject.

Yours sincerely,

Download the letter as a .doc and send it on to your MP

http://www.tdpf.org.uk/Letter_to_MP.html

It's coming..