The Official Spurs vs. Arsenal Topic

Rsonist

It's a Saturday morning - you have to leave the house earlier than normal. In the pub for a cheeky pint and then through Bruce Park to White Hart Lane.Helicopters overhead. Masses of Police vans ferry herds of Police Men and Women around in a hurry. Police dogs bark at grown men and as you approach the ground, the buzz is so electric, the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.It can only be one thing - The North London Derby.No matter what has happened before, what is happening now and what will happen in the future, any Arsenal or Tottenham fan that tells you that they don't look forward to this day is a liar. Sure, over the last few years Arsenal have had bigger fish to fry than us on their quest for further glories, but when this day comes, it's a level playing field. Even the most hardened Arsenal fan goes into the game not quite sure which way it's going to go, irrespective of whether their team has been in stunning form, and we haven't.This Saturday see's yet another North London Derby at White Hart Lane with much hanging on the result. Many, including myself, feel that if Arsenal come and put on a show and go away with all 3 points, Levy's patienece will run out and Jol will go. Frankly, I am so bored with this debate that I'm chosing not to get inolved in this debate any longer - what will be will be.One thing that beggars belief for me is the fact that Sky have chosen Pompey / Liverpool as a bigger fixture than ours - are they serious !? Football fans love watching these games. Where possible, I will always watch the Liverpool or Manchester derbies - whoever made the decision to relegate our game to highlights better get their CV up to date.There are sh*t loads of predictions already today, from cocky gooners, failing to note they have only beaten us twice at WHL in the last 11 years, although our record is equally as bad, at home. It has been the usual pattern of our fans stating that we are going to batter Arsenal, with the majority of Arsenal fans laughing them off stating that they had heard it all before!However, I'm going to stick my neck on the line and go for 3-1 to the Spurs.Dont delete this topic Mods, 3 days till the best derby, game, match in the world. All sh*t talking, predictions, favourite past memories of the derby, throw em in here.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As ever will be a tight game.. both teams have loads of internations and that could play a part.. I think it will be a draw.. but a very exciting one.. However I would not be surprised if one team nicked it 1-0 or 2-1..Goal scorers, any from ;KeaneGilbertoJenasVan Persie

woolwich_gooners1.jpgAs you know the Red/Ghost army are traveling in small numbers to White Hart Lane to offer their annual small and quiet support. Please be aware that this journey starts miles away in South East London as pictured above, and will obviously cause a nuisance and distress to all of us all as they clutter up our air and human space.The Mayor of LondON has already introduced a congestion charge within London and is in the process of introducing a scheme to reduce Carbon Dioxide (CO2) emissions in London with drivers paying the appropriate penalty. On this basis we have submitted a petition on your behalf to try and irradiate our trespassing neighbours and to try and set up a scheme in N17 to become an arsenal free zone. The penalty of any encroachment from an arsenal fan into North London would not be of financial gain but would result in arrest and the return of capital punishment with immediate effectSadly the mayor has not responded to our petition request....
biggrin.gif

Key player Match ups:Clichy/Rosicky Vs Lennon/Chimbonda: Both speed mongers with immense dribbling ability, Lennon's speed alone will be usless against Clichy, he's gonna have to clever & unpredictable.... two things he's not. Chimbonda has been the one shining light in the Tottenham defence but Against Rosicky he will be facing a player who cuts inside pulling Pascal out of position & allowing Clichy to run riot on the left. Toure Vs Berbatov: Athlete vs Technical brilliance, Berbatov may get the better of Kolo on a few occasions but Toure has the speed & strength to recover & make them last ditch tackles that have become his forte.Cesc Vs Jenas: lolRVP Vs Dawson: RVP has been slowly regaining his fitness after spending half a season out with a foot injury. However he is still capable of a moment of brilliance & Dawson will have to have to be on his toes in order to keep him on lock which won't be easy as he's just returned from injury & may not be at peak fitness.

Almunia Vs Robinson: Robinson will recognise Eduardo as he's been having Nightmares about him for a while now, hopefully Robinson shows some of his England form. Almunia has done well since coming in doing the basics well & pulling off a few neat saves, needs to keep his nerve in what will be a hostile atomosphere (damn I should be a journalist lol)

Guest Its Me Bitches
Key player Match ups:Clichy/Rosicky Vs Lennon/Chimbonda: Both speed mongers with immense dribbling ability, Lennon's speed alone will be usless against Clichy, he's gonna have to clever & unpredictable.... two things he's not. Chimbonda has been the one shining light in the Tottenham defence but Against Rosicky he will be facing a player who cuts inside pulling Pascal out of position & allowing Clichy to run riot on the left. Toure Vs Berbatov: Athlete vs Technical brilliance, Berbatov may get the better of Kolo on a few occasions but Toure has the speed & strength to recover & make them last ditch tackles that have become his forte.Cesc Vs Jenas: lolRVP Vs Dawson: RVP has been slowly regaining his fitness after spending half a season out with a foot injury. However he is still capable of a moment of brilliance & Dawson will have to have to be on his toes in order to keep him on lock which won't be easy as he's just returned from injury & may not be at peak fitness.
lmaomost biased thing ive ever read

Should be a decent game, last yr Jenas scored a screamer to save them but we shoudda had the game wrapped up tbhSpurs at the lane are always gonna be up 4 it, we have enough to beat them but then id also say they have enough to beat us.We however have more discipline and structure in our team and a much better manager, i dont expect a win but its a game we should win.

woolwich_gooners1.jpgAs you know the Red/Ghost army are traveling in small numbers to White Hart Lane to offer their annual small and quiet support. Please be aware that this journey starts miles away in South East London as pictured above, and will obviously cause a nuisance and distress to all of us all as they clutter up our air and human space.The Mayor of LondON has already introduced a congestion charge within London and is in the process of introducing a scheme to reduce Carbon Dioxide (CO2) emissions in London with drivers paying the appropriate penalty. On this basis we have submitted a petition on your behalf to try and irradiate our trespassing neighbours and to try and set up a scheme in N17 to become an arsenal free zone. The penalty of any encroachment from an arsenal fan into North London would not be of financial gain but would result in arrest and the return of capital punishment with immediate effectSadly the mayor has not responded to our petition request....
biggrin.gif
HAHA

How the f*ck is Fabregas and Jenas a matchup?Dizzle at least if your going to do match ups, be a bit more neutral.That fraff you just posted above is some of the most biased nonsense i have ever seen.
I tried being neutral I really did but the Gooner in me took over.& would you rather I said Cesc vs Zokora? cause that turns from lol to LMFAOLennon probably won't start which means it could be Tainio/Pascal Vs Clichy/Rosicky....... *wry Smile*

Zokora hasnt played our last 2 games.He wont start this one.And where the hell are you getting Tainio from?!It will be Malbranque or Jenas on the right if Lennon dont start.
Didn't Tainio start on the right vs Sunderland? Ok so possibly Bale LM, Steed RM, Huddlestone & Jenas CM?With Lee LB, Dawson & Kaboul CB & Chimbonda RB?

Zokora hasnt played our last 2 games.He wont start this one.And where the hell are you getting Tainio from?!It will be Malbranque or Jenas on the right if Lennon dont start.
Didn't Tainio start on the right vs Sunderland? Ok so possibly Bale LM, Steed RM, Huddlestone & Jenas CM?With Lee LB, Dawson & Kaboul CB & Chimbonda RB?
Yeah and he hasnt played a game since. Thank f*ck.And that sounds about right with the line up, and Berba and Keano up front.With Lennon, Bent and Taarabt all coming on at some point in the game.3 huge impact subs.