Tottenham Hotspur Official Topic

n/a

Berbatov told Jol âyou and I both need a bigger clubâ when the manager said his goodbyes in the dressing-room after the 2-1 defeat by Getafe in the Uefa Cup on Thursday. The pair have a working relationship, despite having had heated discussions on the training pitch two days earlier and in the aftermath of the forwardâs substitution against Sunderland on the opening day of the season. His pay was increased to £60,000 a week last month, a reward for scoring 23 goals last season, and he secured a gentlemenâs agreement that he could leave for a large fee if Tottenham have not qualified for the Champions League this season. Their prospects appear slim, since they sit 12 points behind Liverpool, who are in fourth place.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle2748937.ece

From Harry Hotspur, the most reliable and best Spurs site on the net.

This was emailed in this morning from one of Harry's long standing Hot Sauces.... sparse, but enough to give you the flavour of the scene...The Players absolutelty did not know before the game what was happening. After the game Clive Allen informed the players that Martin and Chris were on their way out and that hopefully in a matter of minutes a member of the board would shortly be down to talk to the players..Damien Commoli then walked in and was looked totally uncomfortable.He then proceeded to inform the players what Clive Allen had already told them. Little more.Ricardo Moniz, the skills trainer then laid into Commoli."I cant accept this, I cant accept this! You put the manager under too much pressure. right from the start, you and the board!"Everyone in the dressing room was evidentally shocked by both the news and the confrontation.Commoli then told Moniz that if he wanted to talk about it, they would do it in another room. Martin Jol then came down and hugged all the players.. the suggestion that some where standoffish ish incorrect. When it came to it all the lads were sympathetic. Of course, some had worked with BMJ for longer than others.Yesterday, Jol and Hughton were both at Spurs Lodge and once again said their goodbyes. (Whilst I haven't spoken to anyone who was in the room at the time, I do understand that Jol may well not be welcome back at the The Lane after giving Levy 'both barrels' after his dismissal. The word is whatever pent up emotions Jol had kept bottled up, he let go at the Tottenham chairman in a volley of abuse.)Apparently it was very emotional and a number of the players had tears in their eyes.A number of players also went and spoke to him on a one to one basis... including Robbie Keane and Ledley King.King asked Jol about Commoli...Although clearly hesitant to dish the dirt ..he stated that he would never work under that type of management system again."

I doubt it, but you never know with Spurs.On Thursday evening, the players were spoken to after the match, and told not to stop to talk to fans or sign autographs afterwards. most of the players were obviously not best pleased with what had happened and were visibly upset. guess the one exception? guess the one who stopped to sign autographs? guess the one looking as pleased as punch? yes, the commendable, admirable, professional Jermaine Defoe....He must have some very influential friends in the media, because every time I read about him, it's always alongside words such as "commendable", "admirable", and "professional". Have I missed something?

I have a feeling Defoe is going to be playing alot more games in the future lolI have a feeling Ramos is going to look at Bent and think wtf this guy ain't not 16 mil striker and loan him out or something. Unless he turns Bent into the new Freddie, which would be sick

I doubt it, but you never know with Spurs.On Thursday evening, the players were spoken to after the match, and told not to stop to talk to fans or sign autographs afterwards. most of the players were obviously not best pleased with what had happened and were visibly upset. guess the one exception? guess the one who stopped to sign autographs? guess the one looking as pleased as punch? yes, the commendable, admirable, professional Jermaine Defoe....He must have some very influential friends in the media, because every time I read about him, it's always alongside words such as "commendable", "admirable", and "professional". Have I missed something?
CAN U BLAME HIM.HE HASN'T EVEN BEEN GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO START 1 PREM GAME...UNEXCEPTABLE FOR ALAYER OF HIS CALIBURE.

NEW Tottenham Hotspur manager Juande Ramos has revealed that he would like to sign Sevilla pair Fredi Kanoute and Daniel Alves.Various Sunday Newspapers claim that Daniel Levy will hand Ramos a £40million transfer kitty to spend in January. Right-back Alves was the subject of a £23million bid by Chelsea in the summer which was rejected.Ramos revealed: "I would like to sign Alves and Kanoute. These two players would be sensational for any club in the world but I'm not sure if Sevilla will accept this."The Spurs boss also went on to say that no players are guaranteed a first-team place/He added: "Robinson is the England keeper so is not a bad player."I want to give him, and the other players, confidence, so they are not playing under so much pressure. But get this clear: no player is guaranteed a place in the first eleven." "I am my own man. I am not Jose Mourinho but Juande Ramos. I have my projects and my style of work that have demonstrated excellent results in Sevilla. Now I desire to repeat the experience at Spurs."
If somehow he manages to bring Dani Alves over, I'll wash his car and mow his lawn every week....