Tottenham Hotspur Official Topic

n/a

kanoute and defoe was a deadly partnershipneed to bring it back

Tottenham have appointed Guy Poyet as one of their first-team coaches under new manager Juande Ramos. The former Spurs favourite was granted permission to speak to the White Hart Lane outfit after a compensation package with Leeds United was agreed. Poyet played for three seasons for Spurs until 2004 and scored 18 league goals from his 82 Premier League appearances for the North Londoners. "We are delighted to announce the appointment of Gus Poyet to our coaching staff," read a statement on the Spurs' official website. "The 39-year-old will join the club as one of two first-team coaches alongside Marcos Alvarez, working under head coach Juande Ramos." The Uruguayan had only been with Leeds for a year after joining up with manager Dennis Wise. Alan Thompson assisted Wise in Saturday's 4-2 win over Millwall. The former Celtic ace has played down talk he could succeed Poyet at Leeds, stating he is keen to focus on his playing career for now. "I don't think I'll become the number two," he told the Yorkshire Evening Post. "I might step into a coaching capacity at some stage but I don't think I'll be the assistant manager. The manager wants me to carry on playing
Who would have thought the rumours were spot on lol

he wont make anyRamos was brought in because he is a coachhe just trains the side and picks who playshe wont have no influence on who is bought and soldand that is what the spurs board wanted everyone saying they need a fergie or wenger like manager is wrong because thats not what they need they already had that in jol but with all the interfering it f*cked you lot upwith Ramos now he doesnt get invovled in that bullshitat most he will sayyh fam i neeed a center back or yh g i dont think ill play keane you can get rid of him if you wish

Of course he will have input into who we sign.As did Jol. Its just that Comolli has that slight percentage more influence on who he wants in the club.Theres too much speculation on will he sign, wont he sign Sevilla players, no one knows, so we just have to wait till January and see.One thing i know for sure though, is that he will tell Levy and Comolli to get rid of alot of deadwood.

hes not going to spend a penny bruvsyour board might buy playershe wont have a say in any of ityou have gone down the path of teams like inter/barca/madrid etc...most continental sides where you have a "head coach" and not a day to day managerat most he might say yh i need a striker and they will come to him with 3/4 options and he will give his views, not say i want that one.

We dont know this for certain.Jol told Levy who he wanted to buy, and of course Commoli signed more, but Jol did still get his players he wanted. Nothing is going to change. I will tell you this now, he will bring at least 1 Sevilla player to Tottenham by the begginning of season 08/09.

hes not going to spend a penny bruvsyour board might buy playershe wont have a say in any of ityou have gone down the path of teams like inter/barca/madrid etc...most continental sides where you have a "head coach" and not a day to day managerat most he might say yh i need a striker and they will come to him with 3/4 options and he will give his views, not say i want that one.
HOW DA f*ck DO YOU NO... biggrin.gif WHAT BOLLOX

Jol told the board who he wanted and the Board went for him.Players such as Riqueleme and Sneijder, just couldn't attract them to the club.Ramos will be doing the same. However, this time we have more of a chance buying established player as he is a more respectable manager in european football than jol.

i know the deal just like how avram grant and ten cate are at chelsea will be same with ramos and poyet

my coach 4 my college team said the same thing+its become a more favoured modern day approach 4 clubs(im not saying this IS the case @ spurs but its a STRONG POSSIBILITY)