Academic Thread

Yoshie

Ahhh Im in some deep sh*t right now. FFS.

f*cked up my biomechanics module, needed 7% more in it, now uni are saying Ive gotta retake either the WHOLE year, or just those two modules...either way I cant start third year until Sept 2011 when I should be starting next month :|

Im emailing the course leader now but he aint giving me the impression he wants to help me. I mean, Ive gotta wait a YEAR cos of 7%?? WTF this is bullshit.

What else can I do to help me get out of this bullshit?

lol ah right then ye i dont think there is anyway out of it now. if you reckon you can do the exams properly without sitting the year again then just resit the modules. an academic year is pretty strainful, if you can just kick yourself into gear a month or so in advance surely you could prepare for those 2 exams?

Guest M12 Part 2

LOL your lucky bro. Most unis if you retake and fail you get kicked off your course no qualms.

Just do the 2 modules and live at uni whilst working bare hours to make up for the P your gonna need in final year. Student finance dont back your full finance if you fail, IIRC

Guest M12 Part 2

lol well you either just use the time to work and do other things until the exams roll around...

or you retake the whole year...

or you just quit uni.

its up to you init.

Guest M12 Part 2

The only other option i can think of is to fight the case and say it was marked unfairly or to prove you were ill or emotionally unstable at the time you took the exam. It's a long process though and its very unlikely it would be resolved in time for you to start final year in october

Ahhh Im in some deep sh*t right now. FFS.

f*cked up my biomechanics module, needed 7% more in it, now uni are saying Ive gotta retake either the WHOLE year, or just those two modules...either way I cant start third year until Sept 2011 when I should be starting next month :|

Im emailing the course leader now but he aint giving me the impression he wants to help me. I mean, Ive gotta wait a YEAR cos of 7%?? WTF this is bullshit.

What else can I do to help me get out of this bullshit?

fam i am in same position

expect I dunno what my uni are gonna tell me til next week

I HOPE THE BOE LET ME TRAIL THIS UNIT BECAUSE I AM f*ckED IF THEY DONT

\

and i swear down this unit pissed me off the whole yr and come back to spoil my mood

f*ck uni. f*ck me for getting 2:1/2:2s in everything else expect this

The only other option i can think of is to fight the case and say it was marked unfairly or to prove you were ill or emotionally unstable at the time you took the exam. It's a long process though and its very unlikely it would be resolved in time for you to start final year in october

Ive tried this route just now. Basically went for the sympathy vote. I went on holiday at the start of 2010 and lied horribly to get out of an exam, so its either karma, or that same lie is gonna be used as a reason for my failures.

*crosses fingers for latter*

^^I could easily pass this tbh

/

They aint budging. Looks like it my have to be a retake the modules and get my graft on ting. Hardly what I had in mind for 2010/11.

as m12 said ur lucky to be still on the course, take it as a kick up the ass, nd grind hard

u faild a retake dnt u need 40% to pass