Academic Thread

Yoshie

Yeah 6 mark question on mine was on enzymes and how they are affected by temperature. Easy 6.Only question I really think i messed up was the definition of faciliated diffusion.

Don't know but i've decided i'm going to Sheffield HallamApparently theres an Oceana opening up down there around the times i startSo the first few months will be BIG4 Year Sandwhich course in computer networkingI'll be 22 when I finishsh*t load of debt that will be paid off in no timeExpect to buy my first house at 25Buy my mum one before i'm 30God willing

f*ck SAKE...I AM CONFUSEDWESTMINSTER OR BRUNEL....JUST CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND..SOME HELP PLEASE?
Times puts Brunel 50 places above Westminster overall. Whether it is higher in a specific subject is something else, but 50 places higher is a lot considering the list goes up to 113.I'd say check it out though, I haven't heard bad about Westminister (well I haven't heard anything at all) but I have heard a lot of good about Brunel

f*ck SAKE...I AM CONFUSEDWESTMINSTER OR BRUNEL....JUST CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND..SOME HELP PLEASE?
Times puts Brunel 50 places above Westminster overall. Whether it is higher in a specific subject is something else, but 50 places higher is a lot considering the list goes up to 113.I'd say check it out though, I haven't heard bad about Westminister (well I haven't heard anything at all) but I have heard a lot of good about Brunel
Thing is though...Brunel is in Uxbridge, and considering I have a family and mobility problems as it is, how could it work?Westminster is one tube ride away from my yard. But as you say, Brunel is a lot better.So confused.

It's not where you go, it's what you make of it.You never expected to get this far a few years ago, so take the Westminster degree and stay close to the family.
That's true.I have been thinking to take the Westminster offer, but I just don't want to make any mistakes (because as you have mentioned, the time is ticking)Thing about me is, if I am being taught better and I am around the right people, I tend to shine in my work and am more enthusiastic with how I take my education.The reason why I am here now is because I made a mistake and left a really good secondary school to go to another school my mate went to that was sh*t and it was full of d*ckheads and it ruined me. They just took me down.I know Westminster is one tube ride away and it's ideal for the family, but I am really considering the fact that Brunel is like a sh*t load of places above Westminster and is harder to get in.Again, I see your logic. I agree with your logic because it's how I have been feeling, I just don't want to f*ck this up.

Nothing just dont think i'll get into the uni i want. I got the points but our app's dont get sent off until jan 15th and I know a lot of alevel students are getting offers already.
There are a lot of students in my class like this also as they have applied to Queen Marys, LSE and other top ones.That's why I sent mine back in October. Whilst everyone was worrying about doing assignments straight away, I made sure my UCAS was in and no I am catching up on assignments and am in a better position than most of them.But not to worry, You still got a chance. Basically, some Uni's might pre-select the first ones in, but some might hold out to see if anything better comes through.Lets hope your application form was spot on.Good luck. ;)

Ashman you might want to check out Queen Marys during clearing aswellThere generally are quite alot of spaces on a variety of different courses there, and since it's clearing they become pretty lenient with required grades Not to mention once you're actually a part of the uni switching courses is easy to do (though sometimes that means changing your course in the following year..)

applying for criminology at coventry lolalso replying at nottingham and warwickprobs go coventry thoughshithole of a place but it's close to home so i can get back for the villaalmost finished my applicationjust need to get a copy of my gcse resultsi dont suppose theres any way i can find them out without contacting my school is there?should be able to get them online somehow!

Ashman you might want to check out Queen Marys during clearing aswellThere generally are quite alot of spaces on a variety of different courses there, and since it's clearing they become pretty lenient with required grades Not to mention once you're actually a part of the uni switching courses is easy to do (though sometimes that means changing your course in the following year..)
Safe, but to be honest, I am happy with either Westminster or Brunel. Just don't know which one out of the two.For course quality, for job prosperity once completing my degree, for vibrancy and Student life, Brunel is the one.For closeness to home, for easier accessibility, for west end life style, for London networking and closeness to parliament, then it's Westminster.Just can't manage to make a decision. It's too tough.SeriousLook at Westminster University's web site and then look at Brunels. www.brunel.ac.uk/www.wmin.ac.uk/Westminster looks sh*t and dull compared to Brunel.f*ck sake, why does Brunel have to be so far.