'Funky House' - A Profile Of The Scene

Guest Sorter.

Is it only the owners of Rinse who get paid at the moment? Would the DJs get paid if they went legal?
yeah at the mo, djs pay subs to get on, if they went legal they would have to pay the DJs....
Ah, so would the owners benefit drastically if they went legal? Would they have to bring in other types of music to get more money as a legal station?
well theyed get alot more money from advertising, but i think theyd have to pay royalities, taxes, wages ect ect....
Thanks for the info. I imagine if they went legal, their schedule would have to change. Kiss was originally a primarily dance pirate station (I think). Look at it now. I wonder what Rinse would add to its roster.

The bandwagon for funky has become stupid.It will be dead this time next year.
ye i see this and it kinda puts me off.ive only been skim listenin till recently, and things ive found i like. i find it better then bassline anyways, its decent house.but the way everyone is kinda forcing anthems, sum ppl gettin on it just cos its the "in thing"...nt on that at all, i just give it a try. i just find only if i REALLY like sumin then ill bother following.

Guest Sorter.
The bandwagon for funky has become stupid.It will be dead this time next year.
ye i see this and it kinda puts me off.ive only been skim listenin till recently, and things ive found i like. i find it better then bassline anyways, its decent house.but the way everyone is kinda forcing anthems, sum ppl gettin on it just cos its the "in thing"...nt on that at all, i just give it a try. i just find only if i REALLY like sumin then ill bother following.
these darker uk productions made fade out but the deep/soulful house wont because there is too many QUALITY producers making it, like there has been for years...maybe the uk heads will up there skills and start making tracks that are on them levels...

Yeahh it is ridiculous how much Rinse have changed their timetable over the years - its like theyve lost their roots aswell, obviouly to bring through and showcase the best in british 'urban' underground music but how biased they become towards the music that is mostly on the up is ridiculous

The music wont be dead this time next year.Pioneer haS JUST BEEN GIVEN A SHOW ON KISS 100.Mel is a good writer, im always having chats with her about the music.And for the record, while in napa myself, the boys and marcus narsty all had a lengthy talk on uk funky and wonky, and even he agreed that the mcs will kill it and has to stop or they all will try come over, also agreed not to call the music wonky as to many producers are crying that everyone listens to what we say, and if we say dont play it they follow like sheep... f*ck*ng idiots.chat was wicked though nuff jokes and cussing... napa's is heavy this year!

The music wont be dead this time next year.Pioneer haS JUST BEEN GIVEN A SHOW ON KISS 100.Mel is a good writer, im always having chats with her about the music.And for the record, while in napa myself, the boys and marcus narsty all had a lengthy talk on uk funky and wonky, and even he agreed that the mcs will kill it and has to stop or they all will try come over, also agreed not to call the music wonky as to many producers are crying that everyone listens to what we say, and if we say dont play it they follow like sheep... f*ck*ng idiots.chat was wicked though nuff jokes and cussing... napa's is heavy this year!
I hope the scene dont die off but when you got an increase of mc's to the scene and bare yutes jumping on the bandwagon you see the older and wiser people move away from funky.

I agree with Thun (WOW) and Sorter, its not hedkandi so its not funky or electro and yes, the older move away from this music when kids and mcs get involved.And yes, it is all about electro.Pjanoo>>>>>Tell me tbh.But still, everytime I hear a two step beat and they say its funky house pisses me off big time!

I hope the scene dont die off but when you got an increase of mc's to the scene and bare yutes jumping on the bandwagon you see the older and wiser people move away from funky.
this is what's happening at the moment tbh, ive stopped reaching a lot of raves

this is what's happening at the moment tbh, ive stopped reaching a lot of raves
Boy, when he ain't talking about NWO Thun actually talks sence.It makes sence, the wiser and non hype people will move on to other music and the sexy ladies who don't like the ghetto people around them decide to come over to electro and the dance side of funky house.SO, I hope this wonky donky stuff don't die soon and I do hope no more mcs make electro tunes so the ghetto wannabe people can stay @ Wonky Donky raves and music.

4-5 am myt not be the best time slot, but with the listen again service i guess anytime on legal airwaves is good!! well done pioneer and spidey g, although i think some madness must of happen 4 supa d not 2 have got the slot 1st.maybe they should of taken off dangerous minds and put dem in that slot!!i also do think 1xtra need to squeeze the house show to 2 hours, or have 2 shows with a uk funky show and another which is more defected, jellybean soul etc based. the 4 hour show can be mad boring sometimes with some really bad sounding stuff people played... but thats just my personal opinion.i do think some of the uk underground/unsigned funky music is bit wack but with people like MA1, Geeneus, Perempay using their pee and taking time in the studio to create good music, i think they setting the pace for loads of budding wanna be producers to up their levels. at the end of the day practice, trail n testing makes perfect!! keep pluggin!!

Guest Sorter.
4-5 am myt not be the best time slot, but with the listen again service i guess anytime on legal airwaves is good!! well done pioneer and spidey g, although i think some madness must of happen 4 supa d not 2 have got the slot 1st.maybe they should of taken off dangerous minds and put dem in that slot!!i also do think 1xtra need to squeeze the house show to 2 hours, or have 2 shows with a uk funky show and another which is more defected, jellybean soul etc based. the 4 hour show can be mad boring sometimes with some really bad sounding stuff people played... but thats just my personal opinion.i do think some of the uk underground/unsigned funky music is bit wack but with people like MA1, Geeneus, Perempay using their pee and taking time in the studio to create good music, i think they setting the pace for loads of budding wanna be producers to up their levels. at the end of the day practice, trail n testing makes perfect!! keep pluggin!!
Aaron Ross had the soulful house show didnt he, looks like 1xtra got rid of him at the wrong time.... his show prob wasnt getting the numbers them times....

Aaron Ross had the soulful house show didnt he, looks like 1xtra got rid of him at the wrong time.... his show prob wasnt getting the numbers them times....
yea he did and he is A&R man at Defected meaning he can pull and international audience, maybe he wasnt getting the numbers but i thought the station was targeting people up to the age of 34 who would appreciate that music... they should bring it back, cos footloose aint playing enough of it any more... mayb the fact that his email inbox is now filled to the brim with uk underground/unsigned funky tracks he feels like he should channel that.....at the start of the show the music imaging states 'House with Footloose' but really, i feel he is not truly representing the name of the show properly anymore, that could be the fault of his producer stillbut iv bin up in the bbc and when reading the scripts it seems like the dj has a lot of control over the music... this show wasnt a mix show doe.