Is raving dying?

mysterious

Ok, it is me or is the raving scene really dying out? 2many ppl going out 4 the wrong reasons? These days people seem to be going out to pop chainz and try and get status? What 4 really? ^) Where have all the true mature ravers gone? Its gettin bad, that even the DnB scene seems to be dying down slowly.What do ya'll think bout this? :blink:

I dont think its dying. For me personally, i just hear the same ol music, at the same raves, seeing the same faces (esp one certain dude kmt).Theres really nuffin different about raves no more. they're all the same. Only thing different about them is the flyer.Just cnt be assed with it that much anymore. Got other things to think about.

I hear ya'll on this but, nah on a rea,l i was in fever on Sunday and there was just bare chain popping sh*t going on? Y? And if you saw sum of the chainz dat were gettin popped, you would be creasing they were lil thin chains. LMAOits also depends where u go, but nah the music aint dead, well not 4 me! 4me its all about the vibe ina rave. Look at back in the day with garage raves they all slowly died out even puttin them in different parts of the UK didn't seem to make a differences.You will never get a garage rave with the line ups they had back in 99 NEVA! LOL.but no really its gettin ridiculous in some raves. WE DON'T WANT NO WARS........!!! RAVERS AT DA FRONT POZERS AT THE BACK. :)

dnb went a bit iffy in 06, now its smashin it again....raving is nowhere near dying ye alot more heads try go ravin n act bad...some pikey started on my mate the other night but that soon finishedravin is live, from time nec still gets 12,000 on new years its fine...events still get sold out etcits only dead when it comes to ppl refering to clubs as "raves"coz its all mixed upclubbing is still doin it ppl will always wana go out n about some places more than othersfar from dead.SLAMMIN VINYL

probably, i wouldnt know cos i aint been raving for long.depends what raves u go. different scenes, etc.definately more clubbers den ravers now a days. real ravers are a rare breed in dat sense.its probably a combination of things. long to go into it, but ye not everyones der for music n the vibes.all i know is i go for the right reasons and i can still feel that "vibe". but ye i dont think its the same as 20 years ago wen raving was new and it was a movement.*puts on some acid house*

Guest WAVE MACHINE
dnb went a bit iffy in 06, now its smashin it again....raving is nowhere near dying ye alot more heads try go ravin n act bad...some pikey started on my mate the other night but that soon finishedravin is live, from time nec still gets 12,000 on new years its fine...events still get sold out etcits only dead when it comes to ppl refering to clubs as "raves"coz its all mixed upclubbing is still doin it ppl will always wana go out n about some places more than othersfar from dead.SLAMMIN VINYL
half the ppl in this topic are talkin about clubs as raves tbh.as its been discussed b4 black ppl basically call any event in a club or woteva a rave..

half the ppl in this topic are talkin about clubs as raves tbh.as its been discussed b4 black ppl basically call any event in a club or woteva a rave..
ye dis confusion is what makes ppl think "raving" is dead.to be fair its nt just black ppl.

ders dis facebook group dats a bit relevant to this topic....http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=...5346&ref=ts

I am a 'Raver' not a 'Clubber':Just lately I have been to several events and noticed that ravers are being replaced by clubbers. There is a vast difference and the two are not to be confused. It seems the mainland europeans still know how to rave and the English have become a bit too 'cool'.A) Do you or have you taken exctasy/Mdma or like get hammered(whether it be Drugs or alcohol...which is a drug anyway)B) Do you prefer to dress comfortable/colourful when you go to a rave? C) Do you dance till the early hours and not care about how you look when you're dancing (hands in the air business)D) Do you chat away to anyone and everyone whether you know them or not? E) Do you have a passion for the music or scene?F) You're not too fussed about the cleanliness of the venue, after all...it is a f**king rave!If the answer is yes to all of the above please join my quest to unite the real ravers again.Please do not join if you A) Dress to Impress.B) Try to look sexy and cool when you dance.C) Act nonchalant whilst chatty/nice people are trying to have a conversation with you.D) Just go to a rave because it's the cool thing to do.E) Dislike a venue if it's dirty or dindgy.This means you are a clubber and should join a 'clubbers' group as you are not welcome here.LOL

raving got 2 plastic 4 me plastic smilesplastic facesplastic titsplastic tunesplastic hair plastic chainsplastic shoesjeeze i cud go on i miss it tho, the sense of euphoria u used 2 feel when the dutty drop took place ona RAM packed floorthat likkle bigga fish reunion thing had me reminisingits not like theres NO good raves anymore but 2 much wasteflesh means that those usually get ruinedorthen theres the aforementioned plastic rave where u TRY 2 make the most of it, but raving shudnt have to be an effort, it shud be natural feel good vibes'n

Still if ppl are going out, go out 4 the right reasons, don't cum n ruin other people nites! No point in that what so eva. :angry: Well, Ima keep raving/clubbing (Whateva ya'll wan2 call it) till i feel like it. Just don't see the point of bringing bad vibes into a dance. KMT Just wanted to know what other peoples views were on this topic, coz i read something the other day bout DnB is dead and most raves/Clubs are dying out slowly.Big up all my Mature ravers that go out to RAVE/CLUB/DANCE/SKANK. Keep up the good vibes.Its all about Onenation. Line up is SICK!!!!! B)

raving got 2 plastic 4 me plastic smilesplastic facesplastic titsplastic tunesplastic hair plastic chainsplastic shoesjeeze i cud go on i miss it tho, the sense of euphoria u used 2 feel when the dutty drop took place ona RAM packed floorthat likkle bigga fish reunion thing had me reminisingits not like theres NO good raves anymore but 2 much wasteflesh means that those usually get ruinedorthen theres the aforementioned plastic rave where u TRY 2 make the most of it, but raving shudnt have to be an effort, it shud be natural feel good vibes'n
Agree with everything u wrote. 100%

well realisticaly in true raver fashion f*ck wot everyone else thinksraves are still doin iteuphoria is midnight set by which time everyone is f*cked and the fader goes down on the mixer and everyones shoutin the words the mc's sayin and the tunes get pulled and u sip some water n think...f*ck ME THIS IS NUTS...WHERE AM IBOOFfack off*brocks out to brockie set*

when raving stops being bout the music, and promoters are doin it for the money and ppl are going to pose, hype etc....thats wen its plastic and fake. thats wen its clubbin really rather than proper raving.just pick n choose ur raves dat u know first the promotion is about the music and secondly that the crowd is on the same ting.raving is never gonna be free from this plague of bad vibes cos its become a business and been put into that situation where its confined...wen it was new it wasnt a money ting and most the time it wernt even legal, but once some of the wrong ppl caught onto the amount of money it could make they just capitalised it and wrapped it up in a little box and confined it. stripped it of its nature.

i know the diff btwn clubbing and raving but a couple years back the blow up of the garage scene gave alot of usual club stops a more underground ravelike feel.every1 smashed off their faces, live pa's durrty hype with 12 or more heads ona set and u can hear/know every lyric WORD for WORDstinkin b-line mad skankinhurricain skank>>>>> now ur lucky if u get a little 2 step

i personally dislike funky house.. it seems like its taking over my personal preference of soca or dancehall...so lately my experience in the raving scene is dead out...im seeing myself frequently going to bars now with good company, which ends out to be a great night and i do some serious raving when im abroad.