council flat

Trilliam

Goin the council flat route will ebb away your life, I ran out of patience for it after 2 years it basically stagnates you, cos if your in a bedsit you cant work fulltime cos you cant go College/University. If you are doing the bedsit route for the hope of gettin a council flat then the rent is obviously nothin as long as your not working but if you get that job it better pay decent money cos bedsit prices take the piss to the fully employed.If you aint got no one to depend on then you basically have to make a decision of what comes 1st, the house, the education or the job.It may sound cold but if your looking to get your own place cos you need space from your parents then your just being dumb.Milk your parents for all you can while your there. Go college and uni if possible from your parents yard.Be sure what your doin at uni will earn you money when your done or your gonna be prolonging your hard work. Once your done Uni stay at your parents house as long as they permit it (MILK THAT sh*t, I would say 2 years) be saving that money that the job you shoulda got out of uni is giving you.Use that money to get the things you will need when you finally leave your parents house.Now you have the money at around 24/25 to put a deposit on your own crib and the only ppl that helped you was the ppl thet was supposed to. The parents.I had that basic plan when I was 11 but my parents messed that up b4 I hit puberty. Currently 4 years behind my own plan and in a f*cked up order too.

• Downvote 1

Guest Flava Dave

tbh im not one to wait for handouts or demand sutin from anyone i prefer 2 get it myself, which is prob y my advice is so different from mosty wait 4 sutin sub standard wen u could work towards something much betteri dnt think i could ever b on benefits n sh*t i jus cnt sit around n waitim goin private id say thats a better option, bt thats me

I've been on the council list since i was 16 (a long time ago). I don't care i ain't payin for private, nearly x2 as much as council. Council list is not getting you anywhere you have to be comming out of jail, pregnant, or be on low wages.How can my mate have his own council flat with balcony, small kitchen decent for batchelor/young couple £87/week and i got friends who pay £180/week privately for some box, £100/week for shared flat.That could be nearly £5,000 a year more to rent privately. Might as well call that a holiday abroad every year. Imagine after 4 yrs!!! its alot.Only other way realistically is for me to get a girlfriend, who i can get a place with. Better get to the gym...

tbh im not one to wait for handouts or demand sutin from anyone i prefer 2 get it myself, which is prob y my advice is so different from mosty wait 4 sutin sub standard wen u could work towards something much betteri dnt think i could ever b on benefits n sh*t i jus cnt sit around n waitim goin private id say thats a better option, bt thats me
People going on like council housing is sh*t lol jokersPaying £70 a week rent with free upgrades and damage repairs for a 3 bedroom maisonette >>>>>>> Paying £300+ a week for a 3 bedroom maisonette and paying all the damages and costs yourself!It's not working towards something much better... it's working towards getting shagged up the arse everyday and then you tell yourself every day "I am not getting shagged up the arse".

People going on like council housing is sh*t lol jokersPaying £70 a week rent with free upgrades and damage repairs for a 3 bedroom maisonette >>>>>>> Paying £300+ a week for a 3 bedroom maisonette and paying all the damages and costs yourself!It's not working towards something much better... it's working towards getting shagged up the arse everyday and then you tell yourself every day "I am not getting shagged up the arse".
So whats your plan then, to get a council flat then relax there for the rest of your days happy in the fact that if something does break, the council will come round and fix it?Ive got my place and I have every intention of gettin more. I dont want to sit where Im at. I want bigger, I want better and I want more money.Now yes I could be enjoying more of my current money if I was in a council flat but the 5 or more years that I might have to wait doesnt really balance that out. In the same time I could earn enough to get another place, rent 1 spot out and be getting more money so I can get another spot and do it again.
  • Downvote 1

Guest Flava Dave
wheres the ambition?for me what would make me happy is knowin that im gettin this money n payin for my own place n hard work is what is what is gettin me wht im gettin.i cnt jus sit around n wait 2 b given sutin, i duno maybe we jus see it differently, but id rather go out n get it myself coz thats the only way id b totally happy with itbeing content with a council house 2 me is like sayin this si the furthest i wanna go i wanna just end it here no point seeing what i could achieve etcbt thats prob jus me

So whats your plan then, to get a council flat then relax there for the rest of your days happy in the fact that if something does break, the council will come round and fix it?Ive got my place and I have every intention of gettin more. I dont want to sit where Im at. I want bigger, I want better and I want more money.Now yes I could be enjoying more of my current money if I was in a council flat but the 5 or more years that I might have to wait doesnt really balance that out. In the same time I could earn enough to get another place, rent 1 spot out and be getting more money so I can get another spot and do it again.
To understand my reasoning you must understand macroeconomics, as well as microeconomics; then combine the two using every fundamental principle there is and you will understand that not everyone can have what you aim to achieve. Therefore, it does not mean that everyone should aim to live in council property but it does however denote that; to many people living in social housing, it is better than living on the street and not everyone has the opportunity or the resources to attain your goals. You must understand this because if the poor died out, who do you think would replace them?

To understand my reasoning you must understand macroeconomics, as well as microeconomics; then combine the two using every fundamental principle there is and you will understand that not everyone can have what you aim to achieve. Therefore, it does not mean that everyone should aim to live in council property but it does however denote that; to many people living in social housing, it is better than living on the street and not everyone has the opportunity or the resources to attain your goals. You must understand this because if the poor died out, who do you think would replace them?
^ gas mark 5

Your answer to that question should be "Not me" People at the bottom should strive to be at the top. No you may not get there and you may run out of the steam to attain a higher goal but thats not something that should happen in your younger years.Ive no doubt that there will always be poor and there will always be rich people but if your goal is to get your little council flat and smoke weed till the 2nd coming then I must congatulate and thank you, cos as you say not everyone can achieve their goals, infact very few do, so that puts you in the minority.But if your using macroeconomics and microeconomics as an excuse for your stagnation thenmaybe you dont understand them as much as you think. Thats the equivelant of saying, "We all live, we all die, so why try?"Ive known that terribly low ebb and I worked my ass off to get this far. I wont say that I havent had points of severe stagnation but I dont sit in them, you reassess your goals and move on to the next thing.